Chit Chat

Updates on my H

Re: Updates on my H

• edited April 2016
    @photokitty - If Spock's H is considered a rehab patient, rather than a long term care resident, would the ombudsman still assist? 

• That's dog food. There's no way that's for human consumption!

If you don't feel like you are getting what you need from the nursing home, contact your state long term care ombudsman. They can help you get the care you deserve in a nursing home. Every resident should expect excellence, it's what you deserve.
    Personally I think it'd be cruel to give that to a dog!

Im sorry you guys are now going through this. There are good places out there. My grandma was at a rehab home for a little while and the nurses there were awesome, some of them would stay after their shifts and play cards with her if we weren't able to make it. That was obv above and beyond but if he isn't getting the meds he needs on time and is being served inedible food like that picture then that's not ok. I'm glad you're able to bring him stuff and that he's exploring more music options! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @photokitty - If Spock's H is considered a rehab patient, rather than a long term care resident, would the ombudsman still assist? 

In my state, yes. He it's still a resident, for however long he is there. People frequently don't consider younger people or rehab patients residents, bc they are nontraditional residents. But they are still residents. If you live at the nursing home, then our ombudsman office will advocate for you.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• He looks so great!!!!

• Looking good Mr. Spock!
  • drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2016
    Stocking his mini fridge with high quality deli meat, cheese and vegetables might be an option. I often just take some romaine or red leaf lettuce and roll it with meat,  cheese and cucumbers and have that for lunch at work. High protein and he could add some spinach for iron. You could even pre roll some wraps for him so all he has to do is grab one when he's hungry.

ETA: if he needs some carbs as well, you can pre roll wraps in flour tortillas. Easier and less messy to eat than a sandwich.  You can mix up the cheese, meat and veg so he also gets some variety. 

You two are amazing. 

• Hope Tuesday brings you good news! I agree with PPs, y'all are amazing.

• Yay!  Happy Birthday Mr. Spock!  And I am so excited for both of you that he gets to go home, even if it's temporary before rehab.  People tend to heal so much quicker at home and it's just nice to be in your own space.  You guys both deserve that after all you've been through.

• What great news! 

• This is wonderful! I am so happy for you both!! 

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• amazing news! so happy to hear this, and happy birthday Mr. Spock!
  • Happy Birthday to your H! Great news about going home.
  • This is awesome news! What a happy day! And happy birthday to Mr. Spock!!! So glad things are looking up for you guys :)

• That is wonderful news. Being home, even if temporary, will feel so nice! Wishing you nothing but continued good news.

P.S. Five Guys is awesome :)

• What a fabulous birthday present! Looking great, Mr. Spock!
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    That's awesome!! Great birthday present. Mr. Spock is looking good!
  • What wonderful news!!! Happy birthday to your H!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That is wonderful! When you hadn't updated I started to get worried.

• So glad he's continuing to get better!   Happy birthday to Mr Spock!
  • That's fantastic news! So glad he's able to go home soon. I'm sure the kitties miss him. 

Happy Birthday Mr. @spockforprez!
  • I am so happy for your guys!!  I was in a cranky pants mood this morning but this really lifts my spirits and reminds me of what is important and can really make life suck and what isn't that important and won't make life suck if you do something about it.  YAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!
  • That is such good news! As for the accessibility of the house, I think you can get a social worker or therapist (I'm not sure the correct title) that can go through your house to see things you might not see. Ask at the nursing home. They should be able to direct you.
  • Congrats on the great news. 

• drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2016
    BF had his gall bladder out a couple years ago and I had to help him in and out of bed for the first couple days. He out weighs and out heights me. We finally discovered the method where i would bend at the knees and he would put his arms on my shoulders , I could then lift him with the strength of my legs and shoulders, no pressure on my back. You could probably also use that leverage to lower him into the chair if you have it positioned in a way that would make the transfer easy.

That is so wonderful to hear and good luck.

• Yay!  This is great news!  Good luck adjusting to being home, but I'm sure the comfort of being surrounded by your own things will help the transition.
  • Wooh Hooh!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards