Not Engaged Yet

Mondays suck

Good morning! 

I am SO tired today but it was so worth it! Chicago was amazing and in case you weren't already sure, @audrewuh @minskat30 @speakeasy14 @TwoDimes @AlPacina @caseface5 and @500days are absolutely awesome! 

On Friday, H picked me up from work early and dropped me off at the airport. I had a couple hours to kill so I had a few drinks and then was on my way! I met @caseface5 when I landed and we headed to our rental to meet everyone else! We spent the whole night talking and laughing and boozing. 

Saturday, we all got up and sent @minskat30 to the store so we could put our secret plan into motion. We had a surprise baby shower for her! 

Foods = salad with craisins, feta, walnuts and raspberry vinaigrette, egg bake with peppers, cheddar, and garlic chicken sausage, guac, pickle dip, and gluten free brownies and cupcakes: 

We each brought a onesie for Baby Ani and used them to decorate the living room. Mine is the elephant wearing sunnies on the far left: 

@minskat30was so surprised and she cried (twice!). Proof: 

It says 'R is for Rajah'. 

Then we made headbands for Ani. Here's mine: 

Later that afternoon we headed out and did an Architecture Boat Tour which was a really cool way to see Chicago! 

Here's the Sears Tower (or whatever it's called now?):

After that, we grabbed Chicago-style hotdogs (OMG SO GOOD) and walked to Millennium Park to see the Bean! 

We took a ton of pictures in front of it but the ones on my phone aren't great so I'll let someone else post those. 

We headed back to the house to relax for a little, went out for a delicious Italian dinner, and then headed home to play CAH and laugh our butts off. 

Yesterday was sad because we all had to head home. I left around 10am and my flight was delayed a couple times but it was perfect for me to have a bloody mary, a couple mimosas, and grab some deep-dish pizza. 

I got home, showered, and immediately napped for 2 hours. H and I caught up on Shameless last night and then I had a really hard time falling and staying asleep for some reason so I'm really dragging today! 

I  miss everyone so much and can't wait to plan another weekend away! 

Re: Mondays suck

• @southernpeach89 - You and your H need to hire a chauffeur and just do away with your own cars! You guys have the worst luck ever. I hope it's an easy, inexpensive fix. 

@PamBeesly524 - Holy crap thank goodness you and your H had such quick reflexes! That's so scary and I bet it smelled terrible! 

• @untouchablets wtf! Some people have no filter/judgement. There's this one woman that I work with who always says the most ridiculous things to women. She says she has a 6th sense and can always tell when women are pregnant so she asks them when they are due in front of other people - most of the time they actually are pregnant but it's early and they haven't wanted to tell anyone yet... It's terrible.
  • @PamBeesly524 I heard the lady ask her teenage daughter in a hushed voice "is she pregnant??? she's so young!!" before she asked me, but I didn't think she'd ACTUALLY ASK ME. I was like "NO I AM NOT" and it was in front of coworkers so extra embarrassing. Her daughter was like "MOM it's just her shirt!" which was sweet and also untrue lol
  • @swazzle so how many pairs of shoes DID you end bringing??

• @southernpeach89 Sorry to hear about the bad eggs at your box. I know that you enjoy CrossFit so it's sucky you're going to leave because of stupid people.

@PamBeesly524 That's crazy about hair girl! I would have freaked. I am also intrigued by this restaurant and you might have to PM me the name of it.

@untouchablets Sounds like a good weekend! 

@jenna8984 Happy birthday to Grandma! 104 is impressive.
    friends tv show funy
  • @jenna8984 Oh there are a ton of other CrossFit boxes in our area but I would feel guilty joining another one after being with this one for over two years. I think we might just join a local gym...way cheaper.

@Swazzle Seriously....can we just learn how to fly already?
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @minskat30 All of you are seriously so beautiful! I just can't say enough how bummed I am I didn't get to spend IRL time with you this weekend. I hope we can plan something soon where I come see you! <3

• @minskat30 omg all of that is so gorgeous!!!!

• @labro - I wish you and @southernpeach89 had been there as well.  Next get together we are both making.  Pinky swear?  
  • labrolabro member
    @minskat30 YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to come to a NEY GTG. Hopefully since Callie will be older at the next one, it will be easier for someone to watch her while I'm gone.
    SECONDED!!! Minus the baby part! ;)

• @minskat30 Raj is so pretty!
    friends tv show funy
  • @labro too bad it was cold! But still sounds like a blast with the hot tub and fire and beer, and um not being at work! Oh yea, my family lives forever- the one who is 104's husband lived to 94, and all my grandparents are currently 84-88!

@caseface5 I know you were a little worried about meeting new people with your anxiety but it sounds like it wasn't a problem at all and you had the best time- yay!

• OMG @TwoDimes I'm fucking dying laughing at my desk right now!! Thank you for that!
    friends tv show funy
  • labrolabro member
    @TwoDimes I want to know...and yet I really really don't want to know...what a blood fart is.

@futuremrshistorian Your trip to NC on Friday sounds like a great time!! I hope the time with your family helps to cheer you up a little!

• @labro that's the exact kind of wood stove we wanted for our basement (as a primary heat source). We looked at them in the fall and were blown away by how expensive they were (including installation and proper venting/chimneys). So sad. We plan to save and get one in a few years.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards