Wedding Woes

Monday monday

Happy Monday, everyone! (ugghhhhh)

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was pretty low-key, which was just what I needed. 

I also started an experiment on Saturday - going gluten free - and 48 hours into the experiment, I am feeling better and noticing skin improvements.

Today I have a PT appointment for my back injury, so I am leaving work early. Plus, my boss and her boss are both out today, so...

Hope everyone has a good start to the week!

Re: Monday monday

• We had 5 baseball games and a practice over the weekend.  Son's travel team just formed this year and they took 2nd place at their first tournament this weekend.  Not a bad start to the season.

I'm exhausted.  I have to go to new client's for payroll today.  Thank goodness DH is off on Mondays.  He's going to get supper prepped so we can eat in time for DD1's game tonight.

• tawillers said:

We had 5 baseball games and a practice over the weekend.  Son's travel team just formed this year and they took 2nd place at their first tournament this weekend.  Not a bad start to the season.

I'm exhausted.  I have to go to new client's for payroll today.  Thank goodness DH is off on Mondays.  He's going to get supper prepped so we can eat in time for DD1's game tonight.

Congrats to your son & his team on taking 2nd! But you must be beyond exhausted - 5 games is a lot! Hopefully they were close enough to each other that you weren't driving too much. 

I know when my niece's travel soccer team has had multiple games in one weekend my SIL ends up being more exhausted from driving here, there, and everywhere. 
  • I survived the 5k. I am very tired right now and coffee is not helping. I might seriously have to put my head down for a few minutes. It dropped to 35ish overnight Saturday so I still haven't planted my damn garden. I had to turn the heat back on, grrr. 
  • I survived the 5k. I am very tired right now and coffee is not helping. I might seriously have to put my head down for a few minutes. It dropped to 35ish overnight Saturday so I still haven't planted my damn garden. I had to turn the heat back on, grrr. 
    That's been the weather here as well. Super frustrating because we just bought a house, so I am excited to start executing the designs I created for the front and back yard gardens. I have tulip bulbs that need planting, I want to start an herb garden, and I want to plant hydrangeas along the fence in the front. Arrrghhh.
  • Weekend was good.  We spent a lot of time just hanging together and getting stuff done. 

DH and I had to decide if he was going to accept 3rd shift. We decided he would.  We thought he'd start this week, but it looks like sometime next month instead.  Which is good and bad.  Good because we need to get blackout curtains for our room and try to do a little sound-proofing in our bedroom.  And it will be nice to have a few more 'normal' weekends.  Bad, because waiting sucks. 

We had dinner with FIL last night and we picked up free pavers from my friend.  DH and I found a new netflix show to watch together.  :D  And DefConn watched Shrek for the first time and loved it. 
  • My weekend was fairly quiet.  Had my last dress fitting and it's perfect.  My seamstress is a goddess.  She took my mom's 30-year old veil and found a way to clean it up and make it look like it was made to go with my dress... even though the veil and the dress are 2 totally different shades of white.

Visited my uncle in the hospital.  He's doing better, they're working on getting him off the ventilator and out of the ICU, although he probably won't be released until after the wedding :cry: I promised to save him some cake :smile: 

My boss is totally keeping tabs on me now, and I have no idea why, so I see it being a long week.  I set my own hours, and as long as I put the time in no one really has ever cared when I come in or when I leave.  So I got in at 6 this morning, and I went to find coffee (which tasted like swamp mud, btw, so not worth the effort of getting it), and came back like 10 minutes later to find a few frantic OMG WHERE ARE YOU I LOOKED TO SEE IF YOU WERE IN BUT YOU WEREN'T emails waiting in my inbox.  CHILL BOSSWOMAN.  I'm here.

And then I was lectured on the importance of common sense.  By the co-worker who deleted the same document three times "by accident."  Um... what?

My MOH is driving me bananas and apparently I'm unconsciously finding new and creative ways of getting under my FSIL's skin, so life is pretty much SSDD.  Oh, and one of my BM is due today!  And if my FI is to be believed, she'll be up and running marathons by Saturday, so her ability to participate in the wedding should be cake.  Honestly, men have no understanding of how the female body works.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• This weekend was good.  I don't think I did anything Friday but stuff envelopes with sponsorship letters.  K comes over and I was I'm stuffing the LAST envelope of 465 letters, points out a typo.  I alternated between laughing and crying for a little bit and then said Eff it.

Saturday was my first roller derby game.  I had a lot of fun.  I did meet K's mother, which was awkward for everyone, but we moved past it.  K's team won.  I had an uncommon moment at the after party where I just had to hide in the corner and look at my phone, from pure exhaustion.  Sunday was just cleaning house, laundry, all that normal stuff.

• I have no self control. Not even a little bit.

My sister and I have tickets to Hawks playoffs game 6 (best of 7 series, for you non-hockeyers). But, we're playing St. Louis which is only 5 hours from here.

Last night the schedule came out and games 1 and 2 are in St. Louis on Wednesday and Friday. My sister mentions that we should go down Friday. I spend the evening thinking about it and this morning decide that no way in hell am I going. I have no money. Nope. So I get to work and what do I do 20 minutes into my day? Look for tickets, of course.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @AtomicBlonde - I'm so happy to hear your uncle is doing better! I'm sure your visits are helping as well :-)

And congrats on the raise, @*Barbie*! That's huge!
  • Friday, FI and I went and saw Batman vs. Superman. It was pretty good. But as we are leaving, FI looks at me and says "Fuck Batman!" I knew I loved him.

Saturday, FI and I hung around the house and then went and saw his parents. We go over there and his dad spends 95% of the time on the phone with one of his buddies that he talks to everyday. Lets just say, FI wasn't happy and wanted to leave after 20 mins.

Sunday....... We went to Sam's Club. The closest Sam's Club is an hour away. So we go with his parents.  FIL drives like an old fart. The man goes 5-10 miles UNDER the speed limit and he decided to take the long way. Lets just say that by the time we get home I'm exhausted because the trip that should have taken 4 hours MAX, took 6.

I was dreading coming to work today. We got some rain this weekend and when it rains in the desert, the roads get covered with dirt and rocks. Happens every damn time.  Well I've been at work for 40 minutes and I've gotten 15 calls about someone's street being covered in rocks and dirt. Well no shit, you live in the desert and the water runs downhill and is going to take the dirt and rocks with it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Was in Chicago for a conference and even though I was sick I managed to present my work and make it to all my panels. I perked up enough to finally get to Second City and the Art Institute, where they had the Van Gough Bedrooms exhibit which was pretty cool. Every time I come to Chicago I find more things I love about this city (which is saying a lot as a former New Yorker). 

At the airport now waiting to head home. 
    That's been the weather here as well. Super frustrating because we just bought a house, so I am excited to start executing the designs I created for the front and back yard gardens. I have tulip bulbs that need planting, I want to start an herb garden, and I want to plant hydrangeas along the fence in the front. Arrrghhh.
    My have plants all over our workbench just waiting to go in dirt. It looks like I have a green house (not really, there are only 7 plants). I think this is the week it is going to happen but it is supposed to storm everynight. 
  • Apparently, I was overeager in starting my seeds.  They're in bins on and under the kitchen table.  The biodegradable pots are turning into dirt.  Many plants have died.  The rest have all been knocked over by the dogs at least once and will probably die.  I am starting to despair of ever getting my vegetable garden started.

Don't even mention the word "kale."  The very thought is liable to get the waterworks flowing.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• @AtomicBlonde  I am sorry to hear that. I did the same thing last year, though. That's why I said fuck it, I was just going to throw some seeds in the dirt as early as I could but then I ended up buying 2 kinds of tomatoes, a pack of cucumbers, jalapeños, basil, and another type of pepper at the nursery on Saturday. 
  • Seeds are cheap enough, but they take time to nurture and coax into a life-form strong enough to withstand the world.  And I just don't have the patience to go through it again.  Alas!  We're also new to the area, so when Home Depot put their tomatoes out, I thought, hells yeah!  Planting time!

Not so.  Not even close.

--Philip Pullman

• I want a do-over. I worked and ran errands all day Saturday, then had to report for a sleep study Saturday night. Yesterday was OK till I got a ticket on the way home from a comedian that a friend invited FW and me to see. Today's been putting out fires all morning and early afternoon, plus we're short-handed. I don't know how FW puts up with me, cranky as I was all weekend.
  • Weekend was okay.  Didn't do anything really exciting.  Went to breakfast & took the dogs to a new park yesterday. 

I got really annoyed at DH last night (I still am) because he's back to thinking that the economy is going to crash and the dollar will be 100% worthless, so saving is pointless and we should spend all our money while we can.  Luckily, he doesn't seem to act on that, but he spends more than I think he/we should and it's turning into a battle on how much we should spend/save.

I got an wedding invite over the weekend... via e-mail.  Subject of the e-mail was "invite round 2".  :/  It didn't make any mention of DH being invited.  Actually, it was addressed to "family & friends", so it didn't specifically say I was invited either.  And they are doing a hotel block over an hour away from the wedding venue.

Today is going to be insane at work.  I have so much to do. I already feel like my head is going to explode.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    The weekend was blah- baseball practice and lacrosse game were cancelled for snow.  I did a massive grocery trip (the receipt was as long as my 3 yo).  I stocked 6let's snack bin to the end of the year and made a bunch of black bean burgers for the freezer.  The coffee pot broke so we got a new one of those.

Speaking of gardening- my moms ministry is building gardens for donations.  We have several families in the parish that will be regular recipients and overflow will go to a local food bank. 

• Hosted the first BBQ of the season, great turn out, fantastic company.  Spent Sunday having a "fuck all" day and relaxing.  BF and decided to treat ourselves to a 3 day weekend so today is devoted to house maintenance and gardening.  Well, and grown up time.

• *Barbie* said:
    I got a promotion - 12%!!!
    (It's normally in the 6-7% range, so this is awesome.)

I also booked an improptu weekend trip to San Antonio in ~2.5 weeks, so something fun to look forward to. :-) We'll probably go to Sea World while we're there - I'm also going to look for a local microbrewery to surprise DK, and maybe an indoor alternative to Sea World in case the weather is crap. 

Congrats on the promotion! I hope the weather cooperates; San Antonio is a gorgeous city!

• Congrats on the promotion! I hope the weather cooperates; San Antonio is a gorgeous city!
    We've been lucky on our past visits - it's been on the hot side (obviously, Texas) - but this is the earliest in the year that we've ever gone, so hopefully sunny and not overwhelmingly hot. We usually stay just west of the Riverwalk (it's within about a 10 minute walk from our hotel), and a few minutes from the Mexican market. I booked the hotel, dinner for Friday, and dog boarding - still trying to figure out an alternate "rain activity," but I'm staying hopeful that we won't need it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards