New Jersey

Big Italian wedding venue!!

Hi  
I have a biggg Italian family and food is at the top of our list! We want a pretty big cocktail hour with all types of food, a good amount of entree choices and a beautiful place. I went to go see rockleigh country club and I am in love! But I am nervous about the food not being enough and not being as Italian. Has anyone been to a wedding at rockleigh and what do you think of the food? Any other places you may recommend that is as beautiful as rockleigh and gives an insane amount of too.  Rockleigh is pretty expensive I want to make sure I’m getting something over the top for what I am paying.

Answers

• You should post this on your local board if you haven't already. You'll get more responses there. :)
  • You want pure Italian food?  We had our wedding at the Brownstone and the food was amazing, everything we had was basically an Italian Dish at cocktail hour.  The main courses were the basic chicken, fish, and steak.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would also check out:
    - Il Villaggio in Carlstadt
    - The Terrace at Biagio's in Paramus
    - Seasons in Washington Township
    - The Venetian in Garfield
    - Florentine Gardens in River Vale
    - Nanina's in the Park in Belleville

• I attended a bar mitzvah last year at Rockleigh. It was honestly the most food I've ever seen at an event. I've been there for other fund raising events too, but that was a much more scaled back spread. Anyway, the food was very good. I was impressed. I don't know that I'm consider it super Italian, but I don't know about what kind of options they offer. 

I do know a lot of people rave about Florentine Gardens. My friend just went to a wedding there Friday night. 

I'm personally not a fan of Season's. I thought the food was just OK. 
  • You want classic big italian great food with an out of this world vienesse - can't get more so then Nanina's to be honest.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards