Chit Chat

What am I forgetting?

I know there have been questions about this before but I can't seem to find what I am looking for when I search the boards so please forgive me for asking again.

I am 5 days out from my wedding and am just wondering what things I need to remember (or conversely, what am I forgetting)?

Our seating chart and place cards are done.
I have a tote that is organized between what is going to the ceremony (marriage license, rings, programs) and the reception (guest book and pens, cake topper, table numbers and place cards, centerpieces, toasting flutes, cake cutter, vases for our bouquets) as well as what needs to go with me (jewelry, garter, perfume, emergency kit, dress and under things are at my parents' house).
Bridal party gifts are wrapped and my thank yous are done.
I am going to the bank tomorrow to put together envelopes with tip money in them so they are all set to go.

What am I forgetting?

Re: What am I forgetting?

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2016
    Looks pretty good!

Did you give your photographer a list of photos you'd like to have taken so you don't forget anyone? Such as: Bride + Grandparents, Bride Family photo, Groom family photo, Groom + Siblings, etc. Both mine and DH's parents are divorced, so we had a fair number of separate photos with each side.

Do you know what time/day you will be bringing these items to the reception? I.e day before vs. day of?

Have you created yourself a day of timeline? Hair, nails, make up, get dressed, photos, drive to ceremony site. If not, I would write this down somewhere clearly, just so you have something to keep you on track and other people will know where you will be.

Don't forget to eat! (Write that in your time line as well- breakfast and lunch!)

Fortunately by this point, everything should mostly be taken care of. I don't think you have missed anything. Enjoy :)
  • Looks like you have it under control! Does everyone in the wedding party know the timeline? Definitely share that if you haven't already. Have you contacted every vendor to confirm they have the timeline as well? If you have a hotel block don't forget to call them either. You must be very excited!
  • Where are you staying the night of the wedding? Do you have transportation to there after the reception and back home the next day? Also, if you're staying overnight somewhere that isn't your house make sure you have something to wear home the next day. 
  • Thanks everyone. I do need to finalize my day of timeline, thanks for the reminder. I'm so excited!
  • ScottishSarahScottishSarah member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2016
    Stupid thing I forgot at my sisters wedding.  I didn't bring PJs and only thought about it when we were in the bridal suite with 5 other girls getting ready with a pro photographer.  There are quite a few pics of me wearing a towel and trying to keep it from falling down! Bring cute PJs!  

• Oh and congrats!!!
  • Stupid thing I forgot at my sisters wedding.  I didn't bring PJs and only thought about it when we were in the bridal suite with 5 other girls getting ready with a pro photographer.  There are quite a few pics of me wearing a towel and trying to keep it from falling down! Bring cute PJs!  

Oh, that's great advice! I'd totally be the nearly naked one... Not a good look for me... And thanks!
  • Well I guess at least my sister didn't buy us matching brideslaves robes lol!
  • Do you have someone  (eh..I hate this word but can't think of something better) assigned to hold/hand out the tip envelopes? My dress had no pockets and it was storming at my reception so I wish I ahd given them to my Dad to hold instead of me running around finding the envelopes/ particular vendors etc.

• Do you have a list of emergency contact numbers to give to people like the MOH and the BM?  JIC...

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I'd pack a JIC kit...static guard, tide pen, extra Bobby pins, safety pins, nail file, etc.
  • Stupid thing I forgot at my sisters wedding.  I didn't bring PJs and only thought about it when we were in the bridal suite with 5 other girls getting ready with a pro photographer.  There are quite a few pics of me wearing a towel and trying to keep it from falling down! Bring cute PJs!  

Ha!  Reminds me about how I forgot to pack underwear, other than the pair I was planning on wearing under my dress.  I stayed at the hotel the night before and of course the night of.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Oh and one more thing my seamstress suggested... if your dress has a million buttons down the back bring a crochet hook in size G (G for groom haha), it'll make getting into your dress so much easier for the person doing your buttons.
    Married 9.12.15
  • lnixon8 said:
    Do you have someone  (eh..I hate this word but can't think of something better) assigned to hold/hand out the tip envelopes? My dress had no pockets and it was storming at my reception so I wish I ahd given them to my Dad to hold instead of me running around finding the envelopes/ particular vendors etc.

Do you have a list of emergency contact numbers to give to people like the MOH and the BM?  JIC...

Those are really good ideas. It's that kind of stuff that never would have crossed my mind. Thank you!!!!!
  • These are great ideas.  I need to write these down too!  Enjoy your wedding week @avpenguinrn!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I forgot... pants. So going to the venue I was in my Bride sweatshirt and my leopard-print pajama pants and you can see them in some of my pictures! I wore them until I put my dress on!
  • I forgot... pants. So going to the venue I was in my Bride sweatshirt and my leopard-print pajama pants and you can see them in some of my pictures! I wore them until I put my dress on!
    Did someone get a picture?
  • These are excellent ideas. I'm going to have to write some of these down too! 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• Love it! You look adorable.
  • She does look totally adorable!  
  • @PandaNikki you have GORGEOUS hair.  I'm jealous.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Thanks! The amount of spray it took to keep my hair that way was crazy- you should have seen DH and me taking the pins out of it that night! I actually kind of love that I forgot real pants, because now it's a cute story and I got to be really comfy until I put my dress on!

That panda was the first (of very many) that my DH gave me when we were dating, and I went out and got him the little tux at Build-a-Bear just for the occasion. He is actually in a bunch of my pictures- I have pictures of everyone holding him while getting their hair done and my photographer got him in a bunch of pictures with my dress and stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards