Wedding Etiquette Forum

Do all guests need seats?

My fiancé and I are getting married on the side of a beautiful mountain, were thinking only our favorite people need places to sit. Where should we purchase blankets for the rest 

Re: Do all guests need seats?

• All your guests need a chair. You shouldn't assume everyone will be physically able to sit on the ground, especially if they're dressed for a wedding. Totally goes against good hosting to force your guests to be uncomfortable.
  • Knottie52596713 said:
    My fiancé and I are getting married on the side of a beautiful mountain, were thinking only our favorite people need places to sit. Where should we purchase blankets for the rest 
    This is a joke, right?
  • I'm assuming that this is a joke ...

OP - how would you feel if you were tiered to sitting on the ground in a nice dress?

You must have a chair for every bum for both the ceremony and reception.

• drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2016
    You cannot possibly be serious with this.

Really?

Really?

I'm fucking serious...REALLY???!!!

We have to be getting punked.

Who makes the cut for "favorite ", the ones who bring the most expensive gifts or biggest check? How about raffle tickets? Better yet, auction the seats off before the ceremony.  If people really love you they'll shell out cash for comnon courtesy. 

• OP - just NO - The LAST thing I want to do at any wedding, or birthday party, or "Mother's Day Tea" at daycare, or whatever is sit on the ground...  Don't care if it's jeans or wedding attire, NOPE!  A chair for every butt for the ceremony AND the reception is necessary! 

• There aren't many absolute requirements for weddings, but one of them is that all guests must be provided with seats, regardless of how many there are, who they are, and where the wedding takes place.

That means chairs, pews, or benches-not blankets on the ground.
  • I'll go so far as to say you may actually even want more seats than invited butts.  You know, just in case Aunt Bea and Uncle Bob arrive late and still want to sit together, or, you know, arrive late but can't sit anywhere near each other.

And that means actual seats - not blankets or cushions, and probably not logs or hay bales, unless said logs or hay bales had been prepared by artisan and where free of bugs, burrs, itchy things and things on which I'd catch my skirt or panty hose.
    Anniversary

• How would it even work?  You have chairs for the VIPs, presumably front row.  Then everyone behind them gets to sit on blankets?  What, looking at the VIPs' asses instead of the B&G????  Good plan OP!
  • Well, no, it's on the side of a mountain, so naturally, the seats would be tiered, and if the other guests find rocks or ledges high enough and far enough away, they won't even have to look over anyone's heads.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Good job quoting, it's only a matter of time before the OP is edited out and deleted..
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • How interesting. Just noticed who has liked the OP. She has form, that one.

• My fiancé and I are getting married on the side of a beautiful mountain, were thinking only our favorite people need places to sit. Where should we purchase blankets for the rest 
    Only the guests with asses need chairs.

That's pretty shitty- Uncle Eddy isn't really my favorite so he can stand ><

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• @Heffalump, THAT IS DELIGHTFUL.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I wouldn't worry too much about needing blankets, Walmart or otherwise, since I'm pretty sure the losers and pleebs that aren't special enough for chairs would just leave. If I ever went to this can't-possibly-be-real-troll wedding I'd leave in a heartbeat if I saw the seating options were given to those ranking above a 8/10 on the favorite scale and I'm pretty sure I'm at most a 7.5/10 to most people besides my husband :(
  • I wonder if the bad weather contingency plan is also tiered. Only the favorite guests get shelter; everyone else can endure the bad weather. 
  • geebee908 said:
    I wonder if the bad weather contingency plan is also tiered. Only the favorite guests get shelter; everyone else can endure the bad weather. 
    I'm guessing the favorite people get umbrellas or cheap plastic ponchos to protect them from the rain. Bride & Groom would NEVER sacrifice the "side of the mountain" view for guests comfort, so I doubt there is a contingency plan for weather.

• OK, who's playing a practical joke? This can't be real.
  • geebee908 said:
    I wonder if the bad weather contingency plan is also tiered. Only the favorite guests get shelter; everyone else can endure the bad weather. 
    I'm guessing the favorite people get umbrellas or cheap plastic ponchos to protect them from the rain. Bride & Groom would NEVER sacrifice the "side of the mountain" view for guests comfort, so I doubt there is a contingency plan for weather.

SITB

Out of "the others" B list get waterproof tarps, C list and below will get  sheets from goodwill

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards