Chit Chat
Options

Good news!

2»

Re: Good news!

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    @emmaaa My quote button doesn't work anymore (I think it's the internet browser at my work). We are having a boy and are so stoked about it!! We have top 5 names that I like equally but DH is having the hardest time choosing the ONE. lol
    YAY! Congratulations. My cousin is having a girl, her due date was yesterday, and they still haven't picked. She said she wants to see her first.

• Options
    Yea some people do that. I could not! Don't ask me to make such an important decision while I'm exhausted and medicated! lol

• Options

Congrats on the new house!

Always use high end paints for exterior painting (ie Sherwin Williams), but cheaper brand paints are fine for interiors.  For interior, go with at least a Satin finish...do not use a flat/matte finish, they are very hard to clean/wipe down.  Glossy or semi-gloss are the easiest to clean, but imperfections in the painting will stand out more.

If you and/or your H are fairly handy, you all should be able to DIY a deck.  My H built one for us off our master bedroom.  The materials were $2700, but it would have cost $10K-$15K to have had someone else build it (it's a pretty large deck).

Apply for a Lowe's credit card.  You will get 5% off all purchases (10% off if you or your H are military/former military).  Check E-bay for Lowe's and Home Depot coupons.  You can usually get things like a 10% off coupon for $1-$2.

Although you didn't mention kitchens, a great and fairly cheap way to upgrade a kitchen is to change out the hardware.

H only uses flat/matte inside, he thinks the others are terrible. It drives me sooooooo crazy I hate it because you can't clean stuff off of it easily and then it looks bad. Not to mention I hate how it feels. But it really is his hill to die on.
  • Options
    I'm a little late to the party, but yay @emmaaa!!! Congrats on becoming a homeowner in the near future :)

Also, super cool that the house has such sentimental value for you and your family. I'm pumped for you guys!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards