Favors

Which of these favors would you want?

We're thinking about using a local candy shop for our favors, because we want to support them, and also because they make the most amazing things.

As a guest, which of these do you think you'd like most?

Caramels (either plain or the have "specialty" sea salt, licorice, vanilla cream and cinnamon ones)

Assorted chocolates (like you'd get in a heart-shaped Valentine's box)

Cream filled chocolates (either milk chocolate or dark chocolate)

Chocolate covered English toffee

Assorted truffles

Gizmos (caramel and pecans covered in chocolate)

Cherry cordials (either milk chocolate or dark chocolate)

Peanut Brittle

Fudge (chocolate, peanut butter, peanut butter/chocolate, maple nut, and vanilla)

I think no matter what I'm going to need to try one of each, you know, for taste-testing purposes.

Thanks!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Which of these favors would you want?

• drglitter said:
    We're thinking about using a local candy shop for our favors, because we want to support them, and also because they make the most amazing things.

As a guest, which of these do you think you'd like most?

Caramels (either plain or the have "specialty" sea salt, licorice, vanilla cream and cinnamon ones)

Assorted chocolates (like you'd get in a heart-shaped Valentine's box)

Cream filled chocolates (either milk chocolate or dark chocolate)

Chocolate covered English toffee

Assorted truffles

Gizmos (caramel and pecans covered in chocolate)

Cherry cordials (either milk chocolate or dark chocolate)

Peanut Brittle

Fudge (chocolate, peanut butter, peanut butter/chocolate, maple nut, and vanilla)

I think no matter what I'm going to need to try one of each, you know, for taste-testing purposes.

Thanks!
    You need to try them all for quality control. Maybe more than once. 

Seriosuly they all sound amazing; is stay away from the ones with nuts if you have anyone with an allergy (even if it's one or two people, if the allergy is serious enough being at the same table as someone eating them could be a problem). I would go with either the assorted truffles, or assorted chocolates since they'll appeal to the most people. But the caramels and fudge sound amazing as well. Are these going to be placed at a seat or sitting out for people to choose? If the former if recommend assorted but if sitting out on a table you could mix and match if that's not much more expensive. 

I usually hate favors, but these sound great. 
  • We do have one person with a peanut allergy (I meant to delete the peanut butter fudge options before I posted). I don't think hers extends to any other nuts, but I will make sure, or just avoid all nuts.

My BIL has an almond allergy, but I know his is only almonds.

I was planning on putting them in a small bag or favor box and setting them at each seat.

Thanks!
  • Yum!! I vote for something non-caramel ... but that is only because I can't eat those because of my braces. I love cherry chocolates!
  • Definitely, you need to taste test for quality control! I'd vote for caramels (we did that for DD's wedding), English toffee or truffles. We bought little white boxes from Oriental Trading Co. and stickers in wedding colors with their last name initial on them to put on the top of boxes. It was very cute and inexpensive.
  • @ernursej I remember those days with my braces. All the good stuff is off-limits!

@ILoveBeachMusic did you fill the boxes to the top with caramels, or just put a few in? I'm trying to figure out how to calculate how many we might need. They sell them by weight and not by item. Maybe I'll buy a 1lb box this weekend and see how far it goes!

They're very well known for their caramels (handmade, cut and wrapped locally) so I didn't even know they had so many other options until I pulled up their website. (And now I'm hungry)
  • drglitter said:
    @ernursej I remember those days with my braces. All the good stuff is off-limits!

@ILoveBeachMusic did you fill the boxes to the top with caramels, or just put a few in? I'm trying to figure out how to calculate how many we might need. They sell them by weight and not by item. Maybe I'll buy a 1lb box this weekend and see how far it goes!

They're very well known for their caramels (handmade, cut and wrapped locally) so I didn't even know they had so many other options until I pulled up their website. (And now I'm hungry)
    We put two per box (the boxes were small). The caramels were plain not chocolate covered. The local candy store where we bought them makes the plain ones in long rolls(1-2 inches)  as opposed to square candies. I asked the store how many pieces they estimate per pound and ordered accordingly. Of course, I ordered extra just in case. Ours were handmade,cut and wrapped locally too. They were a huge hit. Remember this is a favor, you don't need to give each person a bunch of candy.
  • Your caramels sound about the same as these. Thanks!
  • All of the above  ;) but yes, make sure that anyone with nut allergies (or any other allergies) is protected from whatever can trigger an allergic reaction.
  • Im a cherry h8r but everything else sounds awesome!

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Enjoy the taste-testing! :)  My absolute favorite favor is the edible kind, and these all sound great.  The cream filled chocolates, truffles and fudge sound especially amazing to me.
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    All of them.

But actually, I agree to stay away from nuts, and go with what is most people pleasing- either the truffles or the chocolates. 2-3 in a package, depending on size.

I love cherry cordials, but I know a lot of people who don't. I also know a fair number of people who either don't like or can't eat toffee or caramel.
  • I also agree with staying away from nuts - but also informing the candy maker that is the case so they can avoid cross-contamination... 

• I'd pick truffles or if there is an item that the area is known for I'd pick that.
  • drglitter said:
    I'd do the caramels, then! I love when favours are something local. 
  • Caramels (either plain or the have "specialty" sea salt, licorice, vanilla cream and cinnamon ones)  Would love

Assorted chocolates (like you'd get in a heart-shaped Valentine's box) Would love

Cream filled chocolates (either milk chocolate or dark chocolate) Depending on what they are filled with, not a fan of syrups & fruit

Chocolate covered English toffee OK, but towards the bottom of my preferred list

Assorted truffles As long as no crazy flavors

Gizmos (caramel and pecans covered in chocolate) Not a fan of pecans myself & would be concerned about guests with nut allergies

Cherry cordials (either milk chocolate or dark chocolate) I don't care for it, would give it to another guest at my table that enjoys them

Peanut Brittle Personally not a fan of. Again I would be concerned about nut allergies & Brittle can be hard to eat sometitmes

Fudge (chocolate, peanut butter, peanut butter/chocolate, maple nut, and vanilla) Would love!!!
  • Thanks for the input everybody.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards