Wedding Etiquette Forum

Do all guests need seats?

2»

Re: Do all guests need seats?

• lnixon8 said:
    geebee908 said:
    I wonder if the bad weather contingency plan is also tiered. Only the favorite guests get shelter; everyone else can endure the bad weather. 
    I'm guessing the favorite people get umbrellas or cheap plastic ponchos to protect them from the rain. Bride & Groom would NEVER sacrifice the "side of the mountain" view for guests comfort, so I doubt there is a contingency plan for weather.

SITB

Out of "the others" B list get waterproof tarps, C list and below will get  sheets from goodwill
    I was thinking others may just get garbage bags to hold over their head.  But, definitely use white kitchen bags, they are more wedding-y than the big black ones.

• For the record, when my dad got remarried, they got married on a staircase.  Everyone just stood on the stairs.  :/

SaveSave
  • lnixon8 said:
    How interesting. Just noticed who has liked the OP. She has form, that one.
    She'd be fine with a blanket, just not the 20 year old bed from the guest room.
    I dunno, what has Consumer Reports rated those blankets?

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Auction off the privilege of getting a seat right before the ceremony and use that money to pay for your honeymoon.
    LMAO! "What am I bid for a chair two rows back?"
  • monkeysip said:
    For the record, when my dad got remarried, they got married on a staircase.  Everyone just stood on the stairs.  :/
    Might be okay if the ceremony took five minutes.
  • drglitter said:
    If you just print right on your invitation "Only our favorite people are getting chairs. Everyone else can sit on the ground" I think you'll solve your own problem when everyone RSVPs hell no.
    Or BYOChair.
  • lnixon8 said:
    How interesting. Just noticed who has liked the OP. She has form, that one.
    She'd be fine with a blanket, just not the 20 year old bed from the guest room.
    I dunno, what has Consumer Reports rated those blankets?
    I'll need a link to back up your findings.

• drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2016
    Auction off the privilege of getting a seat right before the ceremony and use that money to pay for your honeymoon.
    LMAO! "What am I bid for a chair two rows back?"
    Put only half the chairs under shade and up the bidding war. PARIS HERE WE COME!

• How would it even work?  You have chairs for the VIPs, presumably front row.  Then everyone behind them gets to sit on blankets?  What, looking at the VIPs' asses instead of the B&G????  Good plan OP!
    I just choked on my cereal, but it was totally worth it. Buahahaha!
  • kkcc2015kkcc2015 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited April 2016
    @princessleia22White kitchen bags?!? BUT HOW WILL ANYONE KNOW WHO IS THE BRIDE?? Thunder stolen. 
  • drglitter said:
    If you just print right on your invitation "Only our favorite people are getting chairs. Everyone else can sit on the ground" I think you'll solve your own problem when everyone RSVPs hell no.
    Or BYOChair.
    (stuck in the box) If this is a BYOChair wedding then I'm bringing this one. 
    Looks heavy. Make sure you guilt some other wedding guests into helping you carry it.
                            AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • If I you are inviting me to your wedding, on a mountain side and I have to sit on a blanket, can you please let me know in advance so that I can dress accordingly. I don't want to show up in a nice form fitting dress then have to struggle to sit down on the ground in so I have to stand for the whole ceremony. Of if it's rained, I'm skipping your ceremony totally because I'm not going to sit down on blanket & risk the moisture of the ground going through the blanket & getting my nice outfit wet. Or in case my SO has health issues that you aren't aware of that doesn't allow him to get up and down easily from the ground, we can skip your ceremony. Thanks!
  • I don't know, this sounds like a great opportunity for yoga loving non-favorites do practice their utkatasana chair pose for like 30 minutes. Really challenge those thighs and glutes. 
  • Also to consider... But what if there are 58 seats and 62 Koreans???

Huh?!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

Huh?!
    I've been binging Gilmore Girls. When Lane gets married everyone runs from the Buddhist ceremony to the church ceremony because there aren't enough seats for all the guests. It's really funny, I promise!

Huh?!
    I've been binging Gilmore Girls. When Lane gets married everyone runs from the Buddhist ceremony to the church ceremony because there aren't enough seats for all the guests. It's really funny, I promise!
    I'm so disappointed in myself that I didn't catch that reference. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards