Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

What do you think of this menu?

Our ceremony will be at 11a.m. followed by the reception at the same venue. We had at first talked about doing a brunch reception but are now leaning more towards lunch style food served as food stations and no alcohol. We are inviting about 150 guests, a lot of them are kids. Let me know what you think of this menu and if we should add take away anything.

Before wedding set up in lobby as guests arrive:
Different flavors muffins and donuts
Coffee
Different flavors juice

"Mocktail" hour (while wedding pictures are taken):
Fruit trays
Veggie trays
Lemonade bar
Sodas
Tea

Reception:
Potatoe station (Baked potatoes and various topping)
Salad bar
Sandwich station (various breads, meats, cheeses and veggies to build own)
Lemonade bar
Sodas
Tea

Cake:
Naked cake with fresh berries (haven't decided cake flavors yet)

Re: What do you think of this menu?

• My only suggestions are to add a cheese and crackers tray during mocktail hour and continue coffee service during lunch. Apart from that, it sounds great!
    I hadn't thought about cheese and cracker trays great idea thanks! 
  • I just don't love making my own sandwich as a festive meal. Personally I'd rather have a hot meal, and not hang around for an hour if I'm just drinking iced tea. I think it's perfectly acceptable just not my fave. 
  • I love sandwiches, so I think a sandwich station is a great idea! All of this sounds perfect to me, and I agree w/PP about cheese and crackers.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think it sounds great for a lunchtime reception!  And perfect if there's lots of kids, since many of the items are "build your own".
    Married 9.12.15
  • I think it sounds awesome. Can I crash your wedding?! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The naked cake - be aware that they do dry out incredibly quick since the frosting is what keeps the cake moist, so I'd recommend the cutting immediately when you walk into the reception hall so it can be something the guests grab right away with their meal. 

The other thought is that the options seem carb heavy.  The cheese/cracker tray is good, but I'd add summer sausage to that just to add some more protein into the mix. 

• Sounds yummy!!!

• Am I the only one that thinks that baked potatoes and sandwiches don't really go together? I mean there's nothing inherently wrong with this menu, but if I were getting sandwiches, I'd expect  more "picnic" sides like fries or chips, or potato salad, or coleslaw, or baked beans (or some combo). A hearty baked potato is something I'd eat with a plated hot meal like chicken, steak, fish, etc.
  • TyvmTyvm member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    "The naked cake - be aware that they do dry out incredibly quick since the frosting is what keeps the cake moist, so I'd recommend the cutting immediately when you walk into the reception hall so it can be something the guests grab right away with their meal. "
    @MesmrEwe The other solution might be to buy a small, two-tiered naked cake...and then serve the guests sheet cake. That way only the bride and groom must suffer for their aesthetics! OP needs cake for 150, so I'm guessing something like this will happen naturally.

k thnx bye

• I just typed a long reply and it looks like it didn't post
  • Ugh sorry for the multiple posts but it's not posting or cutting out half of what I type in getting frustrated.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards