Wedding Woes

Wednesday!

I'm watching a trainwreck on FB and am sipping on coffee.   So many questions, but it's best to just watch it unfold. 

Other than that, SSDD.  You? 

Re: Wednesday!

• I thought it was Thursday.

Now I'm pissy.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Nothing big today.  Lots of work.
  • I'm exhausted. I slept like shit. I don't want to be at work. Boo..... :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Everybody is out of my warehouse so it is quiet and boring. Just the way I like it. Though at some point I should sweep because there is still a lot of dust from them sanding.

FH is home so that always make the week go by faster. And the house messier. ;)

We just received a wedding invitations for some friends back in the hometown for the middle of June. 13 days after I return from my visit there, lol.

• I took the 2 hours to drive into the office today and it's unbearably hot in here. I think we lost power this morning, and the AC isn't running. 
  • I've gotten my work done for the day and it feels awesome.  There's a basket of clean laundry staring at me so I suppose I should just knock it out.  I have chicken thawing but no idea what I want to do with it.

• Driving. 600 miles down... 400 to go

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I'm at work, avoiding all the work I should be doing. Can you have senioritis with a job?
  • I'm at work, avoiding all the work I should be doing. Can you have senioritis with a job?
    some days, i'm pretty sure i do. 
  • Wooz went to her first art class at the new place yesterday and loved it.  It was a drop-off class, which was cool because DS and I got some rare one-on-one time.  But toddlers are a-holes (@mrs.conn23), so it was a lot of "Please eat something, I don't even care what."  "But my tummy very full!"  "You ate three bites of chicken, a bite of lamb, and half a french fry." "I please throw this in fountain?" "No, we don't throw mulch in the fountain, put that down........Hey, get back here!" [scoops DS up en route to fountain, he screeches like he's being abducted]

When I picked DD up, she was very proud to show me her painting.  They were working on doing botanicals close up, in the style of Georgia O'Keeffe.  So already, my kid has basically learned to paint labia.  #lifeskills  She also declared that she wants to be an artist when she grows up, which thrills Mr. Heff no end. 

There was one of those dinner prep places next door, where you pre-order meals and pick them up ready to heat and eat.  I grabbed a brochure and am seriously considering it.  Has anyone done these?  (You can also book a time to go in and prep them yourself.  But if you order online, they prep them for you and you just pick them up, and I would go that route.)  With swim, camp, travel, birthdays, and just wanting to be outside/hit the pool, summers get hectic, so it's tempting.  I actually don't mind cooking at all, but finding the time gets challenging.  And both kids have turned ridiculously picky, so when Mr. Heff and I do put in the time and they basically just eat the bread, it doesn't feel as worthwhile as it used to.   

• @HeffalumpMy parents did the pre-order meals and loved it.  I've considered it now.  The food was good and it was nice to have something that wasn't so full of salt and tasted better than most frozen meals did, to just throw in the microwave and eat.  

I'm planning a small overnight trip to a wine trail with K.  It's.....odd.  I'm smitten and in a weird headspace about it.  But more than anything, I need to unplug from *waves around* THIS for a bit, even if it's just 24 hours, and escape.  And it's not for 2 weeks and I could really use it NOW.  
  • I agree that today feels like it should be Thursday.  I've felt a day behind all week. 

At work I'm stuck dealing with a project that I'm not sure will end up working out correctly. They are trying to find a way around this restriction and I am finding that it just may not be possible, which will piss off a lot of people and cost the company around $1million. 

I have a doctor appointment at lunch to go over results of my sleep study.  I'm pretty sure they are going to say I have sleep apnea and need a CPAP machine.  Does anyone EVER do a sleep study and not get told they need one? Then this afternoon I have a dentist appointment.  It's just a cleaning, but I'm still not thrilled to go.

• Today's been surprisingly productive. DD's finally starting to take longer naps, so her morning nap was over an hour.  I made a cream cheese, bacon, cheddar and jalapeno mix, that I'll use for quesadillas tonight.  Then I took DH to the DMV, which shockingly took about 30 minutes. I'm definitely looking forward to being home for an extended period of time, after all of the visiting family in the last month.  I've been home one full weekend the past month.  
  • I agree that today feels like it should be Thursday.  I've felt a day behind all week. 

At work I'm stuck dealing with a project that I'm not sure will end up working out correctly. They are trying to find a way around this restriction and I am finding that it just may not be possible, which will piss off a lot of people and cost the company around $1million. 

I have a doctor appointment at lunch to go over results of my sleep study.  I'm pretty sure they are going to say I have sleep apnea and need a CPAP machine.  Does anyone EVER do a sleep study and not get told they need one? Then this afternoon I have a dentist appointment.  It's just a cleaning, but I'm still not thrilled to go.
    Ha. Me actually. I did a sleep study years ago and was told I wake up all throughout the night, but it isn't sleep apnea. I still don't know why I have such terrible sleep quality, but know it isn't apnea. Good luck!

Ha. Me actually. I did a sleep study years ago and was told I wake up all throughout the night, but it isn't sleep apnea. I still don't know why I have such terrible sleep quality, but know it isn't apnea. Good luck!
    Well, that's good to know.  I've talked to 5 people who have done the study and all ended up with the CPAP machine. And they all say that they sleep better with it, used it for a while, but don't use it anymore because it's too much trouble to deal with.  DH was the one pushing me to do the sleep study, because I usually wake up at least once an hour and end up on the sofa at least a few nights a week.  Then yesterday he was saying that maybe I shouldn't get the machine because I probably won't use it anyway, so why waste the money on it.  I figure that it was pointless to do the study in the first place if I don't at least attempt to take their advice.  But, it's nice to know that not everyone ends up being told to get the machine, so maybe I won't have to worry about it after all.

• update: they finally got the AC working, although the building is still having power issues. the storms this morning knocked down a line.

• 6fsn6fsn member

If you ask the million moms I know they will swear a little diffused oil will fix the problem. 
  • 6fsn said:

If you ask the million moms I know they will swear a little diffused oil will fix the problem. 
    Cedarwood is good for promoting sleep.  I think lavender is as well. 
  • 6fsn said:

it will also cure cancer, AIDS, and potentially bring back dead relatives. essential oils are miracles!

*it may also cause a serious allergic reaction. a friend of mine got wrangled into a "party" and the sob story of the salesperson. After 2-3 weeks, she had a bad reaction to the oil pills, and ended up with a rash and some breathing issues. 
  • *Barbie* said:
    6fsn said:

it will also cure cancer, AIDS, and potentially bring back dead relatives. essential oils are miracles!

*it may also cause a serious allergic reaction. a friend of mine got wrangled into a "party" and the sob story of the salesperson. After 2-3 weeks, she had a bad reaction to the oil pills, and ended up with a rash and some breathing issues. 
    does she have allergies to any of the plants the scents are taken from? Ex. I'm very much allergic to Sandalwood, Lemon Grass ect. So I know if any of the oils have ANY amounts of these scents I will have a horrible reaction. It sucks because I love essential oils but I always have to read all the ingredients
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    I thought it was melatonin for sleep....or melaleuca?  I don't know my eyes glaze over when they talk. 
  • 6fsn said:
    I thought it was melatonin for sleep....or melaleuca?  I don't know my eyes glaze over when they talk. 
    Melatonin is for sleep. I take it a once or twice a week when I know that my mind isn't going to shut off and let me get some rest.
  • Yep, I officially have "mild sleep apnea" and they want to put me on a CPAP machine. I've tried melatonin, lavender oil, benadryl... all that stuff.  So, maybe this will help.  I'm not totally convinced that it will help that much, but we will have to see how it goes.

• DH is in a terrible mood. We're pretty strapped for money right now and nothing makes him more pissy than being strapped for money. I grew up this way, but he didn't. I always tend to go for the "at least we have food and can pay our bills and have a roof over our head" approach, but that was NOT flying with him today. At least he's a few states away so I can hang up the phone and not have to deal with his attitude all night.

• Grrr... Just found out that one of DH's credit cards has been hacked.  I got an e-mail saying that he was nearing his credit limit. So, I got online to check and see what in the hell he has been buying, because there is no way he should be anywhere near his limit... he typically charges less than $50/month on this card. There were several charges for various stores over he last couple days ($200-$300 each).  Called DH and confirmed that the charges aren't his. Of course the credit card company will handle it, but it's still frustrating.

• Grrr... Just found out that one of DH's credit cards has been hacked.  I got an e-mail saying that he was nearing his credit limit. So, I got online to check and see what in the hell he has been buying, because there is no way he should be anywhere near his limit... he typically charges less than $50/month on this card. There were several charges for various stores over he last couple days ($200-$300 each).  Called DH and confirmed that the charges aren't his. Of course the credit card company will handle it, but it's still frustrating.
    I'm dealing with the same issue.  So annoying! 
  • Lala9414 said:

does she have allergies to any of the plants the scents are taken from? Ex. I'm very much allergic to Sandalwood, Lemon Grass ect. So I know if any of the oils have ANY amounts of these scents I will have a horrible reaction. It sucks because I love essential oils but I always have to read all the ingredients
    no idea on the full medical workup. she stopped taking them, saw the doctor a few times, got some steroids, and was ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards