Not Engaged Yet
Options

It's Monday

13»

Re: It's Monday

• Options
    @futuremrshistorian oh no, that really sucks! Hopefully something he's applied for in the states comes through so you guys don't have to go through this anymore. 
  • Options
    @cu97tiger Right?! I hate that companies put in software that automatically weeds out candidates based on keywords. It's so frustrating. I understand why they do it, but they also miss out on some great candidates too. And I still feel bad about it taking so long to get the fitbit to you-- I think someone bogarted the packing tape, but by the time I went looking for it, everyone was gone and I didn't want to rummage through people's offices. It will be picked up sometime today, so you'll have it soon. :) 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @speakeasy14, @jenna8984, and @wink0erin - Thanks, ladies.  It's just a blow...the salary cut we were expecting, but I was holding out beyond hope that he would get to keep his accrued leave and come home sometime this summer.  His cousin is getting married in July, and I know it's really important to him that he be there for it (he's already ordered a family tartan kilt for it, which makes me inordinately happy for some reason).  So hopefully he'll be able to come home at least for a little while, even if it's unpaid leave.

In the meantime, I'm going to skip out of work and get a pedicure.  But in my defense, I've lost 12.5 pounds, I finished all my grading, and I finished my research for a chapter in my book.  
  • Options
    @500days You should see if your local library has mobile hotspots they will let you borrow. It's a new thing that a lot of libraries are starting to offer.

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @500days Ughhh that sucks. Have you looked into Clear? I think they were absorbed by Sprint but it could be a way to at least get some internet in the house. 

H is really handy too thanks to his dad being a carpenter! But we're not pros so it obviously takes us twice as long to do stuff like tile work when we don't do it every day...I'm just incredibly thankful our contractor let us keep his tile cutter over the weekend otherwise we would have made hardly any real progress!

When we were looking to buy a home H would sit there and point out every.single.teeny.tiny.flaw he could find. I was like...omg shut up and get over it, we can fix all this stuff!

• Options
    @eilis1228 I have been using my phone as a hotspot but I don't want to drain all my data. Is the mobile one from the library different?
  • Options
    @500days I've been there.  We watched lots of dvds, read a lot of books, and weren't really home all too much.  I did it for 6 months, you'll handle 2 weeks with no problem! 
  • Options
    @500days I'm not sure how it works, but I think the library absorbs a lot of the cost of usage. It depends on whatever deal they can make with the wireless providers. Sprint was at the conference I attended last week, and they were pushing the hotspots big time. You could always call and ask the library. Sorry I don't have more info!

• Options
    @speakeasy14 I hear you. I keep telling my H that, but he's right I really should have talked to him about it first. Now he's easily spending that $100 on bars to watch the playoffs. Our team won both Friday and Sunday night so I feel bad that we couldn't watch from home. Verizon says they will call us if anyone cancels but it's unlikely. I will definitely call my local library to ask if they offer anything like @eilis1228 suggested. I just hope my H gets out of this funk soon because I really didn't mean to ruin his life lol
  • Options
    @500days I wouldn't pay $300 either, that's freaking ABSURD! I haven't had cable since moving into my house and I honestly don't miss it, but I don't know how I would function without internet.

• Options

@500days I also remember the days back in college (10 years ago) when the cable company would do anything to keep you. They would let me keep renewing the "new member" price each year simply if I called and asked them to. Nowadays they refuse!! It sucks so bad. At least you have Verizon option, it's not offered where I live so I have to have Charter or satellite and I hate satellite.

• Options
    Just chiming in to say @PamBeesly524 and anyone else:

I love my Thinx!! Here's part one of a two part article I wrote reviewing them. I'm writing part two asap. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks @audrewuh! Interested to read part 2 once it's finished... Mine should be coming any day now and I'll be trying them in a couple weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards