Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday

Re: Tuesday

• @500days I think he is doing this just for administration purposes. He wants to become a principal someday so it's required in our county to have this degree for that.
  • edited May 2016
    @swazzle, oh no! I hope your H is able to find his wedding ring.

@southernpeach89, glad your H is done with classes.

@jenna8984, your H was really productive!

@labro, yay for being in the home stretch on the bathroom remodel!

@cu97tiger, vibes!

@untouchablets, congrats on the promotion!

@cocobellaf, yay for feeling better!

@beachyone15, vibes for keeping your job!

@wink0erin, yay for cleaning!
    ---
    Working late tonight. I'm proctoring a test right now, then I have grading and my final lecture to prep and three more versions of a final to write because as far as I can tell, I can't have too many versions of a final.

I still haven't been made any offers to teach again, nor do I know if the other portions of my job have survived the budget cuts. I will be talking to (who I hope is) a decision-maker today -- vibes for me. Either way, I just want the limbo to end. I can live with being unemployed.

ETA: My mom's cat Bentley had his first hairball Sunday night. He then decided to never eat again because he is a neurotic little cuss. My mom had him to the vet this morning (she'd called the emergency vet, they told her to not panic as long as he wasn't dehydrated), and they gave her different food to try to tempt his appetite. Baby food hasn't worked, tuna hasn't worked - anyone got any other ideas?
  • Can I bitch for a moment please? Please don't quote as I may DD later. My computer for work broke (I've been on the phone with tech support all morning). I called my secretary to let her know...I share a secretary with my boss because no one else can tolerate her (my secretary)...she immediately went to my boss to rat me out that I was working remotely but couldn't work (we are allowed to work remote on occasion, I've done it like 5-6 times in two years, and I fully intended to be working but for my computer, which I can't do anything about until tomorrow). How do I know she ratted me out? I got yet another new assignment from her from my boss ...this one will go to the end of May. I'm fucking done with today...this and every time I have to mention mat leave at work means new work pilled on...it would serve them right for me to go into early labor at this point. Sorry, rant over. I'm exhausted and frustrated is all.
  • Oh and I asked for a foot stool to prop my feet up from facilities but told her if she couldn't find one not to make a big deal of it...I'd bring a box from home or something. She told ALL the secretaries about it who started asking all their attorneys if they had one...NOT what I asked her to do. She then called me on my cell to tell me that a senior VP had one I could borrow which I flat out said "no" to and I'd just bring one from home. I'm completely embarrassed. And then she emails me to say "never mind facilities has one" AFTER making this a fucking joke of a big deal. Ok, now my rant is over. I'm going to have to talk with her tomorrow...my boss protects her so I have to trend lightly but this is insane.
  • @minksat30 boooooooooo she sucks, fire her! Also I've been using a turned on it's back space heater as my foot stool LOL (not turned on obvi)

• @minskat30 - Geez, lady.  Back off.  :(  Big hugs.  Only a few more weeks!
  • @minskat30  smack a bitch and blame hormones.
  • Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• 500days500days member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    @minskat30 UGH. I'm really sorry. If I could grab a gif to put here, it would definitely be a hug gif.
  • Blech. Thank you all. I'm really frustrated with her since she loves to gossip/talk and my prior assistant was a great help and confidant. My boss loves her but she isn't allowed to have only one attorney since most assistants have 3-4. She has gone through 4 other attorneys who all complained about her to the point of getting a new assistant. My boss is expecting me to deal with it and not complain. I'm a team player and all that jazz but I feel like I'm taking one for the team a little too often of late.
  • @minskat30 WTF is her problem? I hate catty bitches. 

• edited May 2016
    @minskat30 - I think you need a gooey, fresh, GF brownie to go with the ice cream.  Just saying.
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @eilis1228 - SAME HERE! And I seriously cry at everything! I think the fact that everyone was like "omg you're going to cry so much" made the ending pretty obvious so I was prepared for it. 

• minskat30 said:
    Blech. Thank you all. I'm really frustrated with her since she loves to gossip/talk and my prior assistant was a great help and confidant. My boss loves her but she isn't allowed to have only one attorney since most assistants have 3-4. She has gone through 4 other attorneys who all complained about her to the point of getting a new assistant. My boss is expecting me to deal with it and not complain. I'm a team player and all that jazz but I feel like I'm taking one for the team a little too often of late.
    To the bolded: Why? Why if this assistant can't get along with any of the attorneys are you expected to put up with it? If you have the same concerns and frustrations? So ridiculous.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2016
    cu97tiger said:
    minskat30 said:
    Blech. Thank you all. I'm really frustrated with her since she loves to gossip/talk and my prior assistant was a great help and confidant. My boss loves her but she isn't allowed to have only one attorney since most assistants have 3-4. She has gone through 4 other attorneys who all complained about her to the point of getting a new assistant. My boss is expecting me to deal with it and not complain. I'm a team player and all that jazz but I feel like I'm taking one for the team a little too often of late.
    To the bolded: Why? Why if this assistant can't get along with any of the attorneys are you expected to put up with it? If you have the same concerns and frustrations? So ridiculous.
    I think you know the reason and it IS fucking ridiculous.  Because I'm a woman and "nice".  I know that is the expectation...I complained about her once already (she had a habit of barging into my office even when the door was closed and EVEN when she could hear I was on the phone if she stood by the door for a moment) and was told to "find a work around"....my "work around" was telling her to stop it...forcefully and several times.  Thankfully, she has.  I warned her she might get an eye full if I was changing into gym clothes...lol.  I thought we had worked on her not escalating minor things into major issues but apparently we need to relearn that lesson today.  I feel terrible lecturing someone on what is/is not acceptable behavior and common sense that is 10 years younger than my mom but it seems to be the only way to get through to her.    
  • @Swazzle Yes! That was exactly it! It was a beautiful story though. I can't stop thinking about them, and I watched the trailer for the movie a couple of times yesterday.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2016
    TwoDimes said:
    Swazzle said:
    @eilis1228 - SAME HERE! And I seriously cry at everything! I think the fact that everyone was like "omg you're going to cry so much" made the ending pretty obvious so I was prepared for it. 
    DAMN IT.  I feel like we all ruined it then  For what it's worth, when I was all "omg you're going to cry so much" I didn't really mean about the ending. I cried throughout the book for various other little parts. I kind of expected the ending, so I only cried a little then. I cried more about the parts I DIDN'T expect: the tattoo, the striped tights, the beach, the maze, etc.
    Yep. All of this!

• @TwoDimes @Swazzle Nah, you didn't ruin the book at all. A lot of people told me I would cry while reading it. I'm gonna use spoiler font:

Honestly, as soon as the 6-month timeline was revealed, I assumed "Me Before You" meant he would put himself first despite his feelings for her. From then on I knew he would go through with it.

I teared up the most at the maze and the wedding. 

• @PamBeesly524 - YGPM :) 

*******************************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards