Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Programs. Yay or Nay?

2»

Re: Programs. Yay or Nay?

• Options
    I am glad I am not the only one who thinks there are unnecessary. I have not been sticking to budget so this is one thing that I can scrap and say "hey I saved us some money!" I am only doing a short ceremony anyways, so I dont think its necessary in my case. 
  • Options
    dwitteck said:
    I am glad I am not the only one who thinks there are unnecessary. I have not been sticking to budget so this is one thing that I can scrap and say "hey I saved us some money!" I am only doing a short ceremony anyways, so I dont think its necessary in my case. 
    You're having a Catholic wedding.  That's neither a short ceremony nor one that is easy for people unfamiliar with Catholic services to understand.

• Options
    geebee908 said:
    I think they're useful if your ceremony will have elements that a number of your guests will be unfamiliar with. Being Catholic, I know it's helpful for those who aren't familiar with the faith who are attending a wedding with a full mass. If it's just a list of who's who in the wedding party/family, I don't think I would bother.
    Yes! I am Catholic and want to give a heads up for those who are used to shorter ceremonies. It's kind of like the playbill, if you will, about the acts and scenes that will unfold. However, I highly doubt anyone would notice if programs aren't there. If they aren't important to you, OP, then don't stress over them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards