Budget Weddings Forum

REMOVED

edited May 2016 in Budget Weddings Forum
REMOVED
Thanks!!

Re: REMOVED

• This is considered a dirty delete, and highly frowned upon. I assume your original question was about whether or not guests might supply their own drinks for a wedding, given the original title of the post. 

Hoping you realized that was not a good idea. If you're the host of a wedding, you do not need to serve alcohol at all, but if you want it to be incorporated, then you need to provide it. That means no cash bars, and definitely not asking guests to have to purchase and bring it themselves. 

It's okay to make a post and then realize you asked a kind of dumb question or one you figured out. I've done that before. But rather than delete, just own up to the realization and post a comment noting you figured it out. If nothing else, that highlights your sensibility. Deleting your original post just sends up the bat signal to the contrary. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Wow, that was insanely fast. DD and deleted user before I even finished my comment. 

The title of the the post was "Bring Your Own Booze?" Like I said, hopefully she figured out this was not a good plan. 

• Wow, that was insanely fast. DD and deleted user before I even finished my comment. 

The title of the the post was "Bring Your Own Booze?" Like I said, hopefully she figured out this was not a good plan. 
    I read the original post and her venue supplied the bartenders, glass wear and mixers but not the liquor itself. She was wondering how much she needed to buy for 90 guests who are mostly heavy drinkers and if anyone else had experience bringing the alcohol for their weddings. Nowhere in her post did she mention expecting her guests to pay for or bring the alcohol. 

I'm having an estate wedding and thought I would stock up on booze throughout the year for the event and was looking forward to seeing replies if anyone had a good algorithm to make sure I buy enough wine, beer and liquor for everyone. It was a misleading title but I was looking forward to reading responses! 

I read the original post and her venue supplied the bartenders, glass wear and mixers but not the liquor itself. She was wondering how much she needed to buy for 90 guests who are mostly heavy drinkers and if anyone else had experience bringing the alcohol for their weddings. Nowhere in her post did she mention expecting her guests to pay for or bring the alcohol. 

I'm having an estate wedding and thought I would stock up on booze throughout the year for the event and was looking forward to seeing replies if anyone had a good algorithm to make sure I buy enough wine, beer and liquor for everyone. It was a misleading title but I was looking forward to reading responses! 
    Good to know, thanks for correcting @bohobrideca. I clicked on the link to the original title, but by the time the page loaded the post was deleted. As I said, this is the problem with DDs -- they let others infer the worst rather than giving us any context. I wonder why she left so quickly? Her question would have been a good one. 

Sounds like a legit question! 
  • TyvmTyvm member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    As I said, this is the problem with DDs -- they let others infer the worst rather than giving us any context. I wonder why she left so quickly? 
    @tigerlily6 I think you may've perhaps answered your own question?
    Maybe s/he realized people get some nasty responses around here, and just didn't want to run the risk? Even if s/he was asking a totally reasonable question. I can understand. 

k thnx bye

• Hey all, I'm OP.

I accidentally posted it on a friend's account and she asked me to remove it, but unfortunately the only way I could figure out how was to just remove the contents of the post. It wasn't a dirty delete/ DD because I didn't dislike the answers, I simply made an error. I will be reposting my question once I can figure out how to operate the website under my own account... Sorry to upset people I guess (ahem, tigerlily6)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Hey all, I'm OP.

I accidentally posted it on a friend's account and she asked me to remove it, but unfortunately the only way I could figure out how was to just remove the contents of the post. It wasn't a dirty delete/ DD because I didn't dislike the answers, I simply made an error. I will be reposting my question once I can figure out how to operate the website under my own account... Sorry to upset people I guess (ahem, tigerlily6)
    Hey @katsandtatts, it's all cool. I'm sorry if I came off harsh or mean -- but I'm sure if you lurk around you'll see that I'm not the only person here who disapproves of DDs, and for good reason as some of them are a bit insane. Sounds like that wasn't your case at all though, and I apologize.  Glad you're back and hoping that we can help with your question. 

• Thanks for understanding! I'm new here and just trying to work out the kinks
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards