Snarky Brides

Just need to bitch for a minute.

charlieray-2charlieray-2 member
First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
edited May 2016 in Snarky Brides
I just need to rant about my FI's grandmother for a bit...

So, FSIL is getting married in a month and today we found out that granny thinks that FBIL's twin daughters (they're 3 years old and literally FSIL's favorite people in the world) should have to stay home because "if they go, [FBIL] won't be able to give [her] a ride".

This bitch pisses me off so much with her entitlement (this is so not the first time).

Sorry, thank you for reading my rant.

Edit: I feel like I need to clarify that she is not a "yay, grandma's coming to visit" type of grandma..she is not a nice person.

She didn't even like FSIL until like 6 years ago (something about not being lady-like enough) and was just plain mean to her until then. And she's managed to make half of her own kids refuse to speak to her or have anything to do with her.

I promise I'm not pissed off about some sweet grandma just really wanting to see her granddaughter get married.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Just need to bitch for a minute.

• I just need to rant about my FI's grandmother for a bit...

So, FSIL is getting married in a month and today we found out that granny thinks that FBIL's twin daughters (they're 3 years old and literally FSIL's favorite people in the world) should have to stay home because "if they go, [FBIL] won't be able to give [her] a ride".

This bitch pisses me off so much with her entitlement (this is so not the first time).

It's certainly not very nice of her but I don't think calling her a bitch is very nice either. Not your circus, not your monkeys. Your stress levels will probably thank you for just staying out of this one.

• That was...not what I thought it would be, at all.
  • I just need to rant about my FI's grandmother for a bit...

It's certainly not very nice of her but I don't think calling her a bitch is very nice either. Not your circus, not your monkeys. Your stress levels will probably thank you for just staying out of this one.
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys" ...words to live by.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Never attribute to malice what can be explained by ignorance. Maybe Grandma is worried there's no room in the car, or maybe the kids are sensory overload for her. Either way, I understand your concern, but that's for FBIL to sort out.
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Yeah, I can see why that would bother you. Someone's kids (who I am assuming were invited) shouldn't be able to come because she might not be able to get a ride? There is no one else who could give her a ride? Can you and your FI give her a ride? ;)

But, as others have said- no your circus, not your monkeys (unless you are going to offer to give her a ride).
  • SP29 said:
    Yeah, I can see why that would bother you. Someone's kids (who I am assuming were invited) shouldn't be able to come because she might not be able to get a ride? There is no one else who could give her a ride? Can you and your FI give her a ride? ;)

But, as others have said- no your circus, not your monkeys (unless you are going to offer to give her a ride).

Normally we would offer to give her a ride but we would have to make a 10 hour round trip that day to do it. I made some suggestions but was shot down, so *shrug*.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards