Wedding Woes
Options

My job today

I'm researching laser vein revision for my boss' wife. How's your Tuesday?

Re: My job today

• Options

Ha!

My Tuesday isn't so bad, considering I've been awake since 1:30.  I feel pretty ok right now, so I'm trying to get things done like mad before I crash.  Supper is prepped, I've got two loads of laundry going (one in washer, one in dryer), and I've gotten all of my work for the day finished.  I need to pick up and run the vacuum but I'm hungry, so I'm going to go eat.

I don't usually wish for rainouts, but today would be nice.  And it has rained quite a bit overnight and this morning.  We'll see.

• Options

My boss has his toddler in the office.

I hate kids. And I hate how they parade him around interrupting everyone telling him to "say hi to Beulah!".

I really REALLY contemplated calling in sick today with a headache. I should have.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    This is my first day back to work after vacation. It's not bad at all, but it seems like the "worst day ever" because I'm not sleeping in and reading on the couch.

• Options
    I'm having a bad home day.  First, I wake up to a pellet gun hole through my front window and have to call the cops and file a police report.

Then, we get our appraisal back and it's $1,700 less than when we bought it 2 years ago AND the appraisal has obvious, factual errors.  I.e. we're listed as a 3 bed/2 bath when we're actually a 4 bedroom/2 bath.  Our driveway holds 4 cars in addition to the 2 that fit in the garage and she has it as a 2 car driveway (selling point in my neighborhood), and she has things like "no improvements made in garage" when we've replaced the entire door, cables, coils and door closing sensors.  

But now we can't have another appraisal until our homeowners approves to replace our window and we actually get it done because I don't want an appraiser to see a tiny bullet hole!
  • Options
    Good morning.  :)

It's nearing the end of the school year and I can tell, because the kiddo has given up on *everything*.  I am so tired of asking/nagging, but I'm also tired of the trail of shit that he leaves in his wake.  10pm last night he's all, "I need you take me into school early."  Thanks for the head's up considering your brother went to bed late and I was hoping to let him sleep and DH take him to school. Gah. 

Yesterday was a long day, even though I knocked off an hour early.  DH got home super late from work and slept later than normal.   I went to the store, which took longer than I expected and I got caught in rush hour traffic, and then went to get DefConn.  I picked him up an hour+ after I typically get him and felt mom guilt since he'd been at school for a really long time. Dinner was of course super late too.  Ah well, it was one day...but I hate those days.

This weather is bullshit.  Cold and rainy.  Reminds me of my maternity with DefConn.   I want some sun and warmth.  I'm sure that's why I've been more cranky than normal.
  • Options

My boss has his toddler in the office.

I hate kids. And I hate how they parade him around interrupting everyone telling him to "say hi to Beulah!".

I really REALLY contemplated calling in sick today with a headache. I should have.

I don't really get that, because kids don't usually seem to enjoy being in the office.  I would think it's pretty dull, for a kid.

This day has been chock full of fuckery so far.  I asked Weird Coworker for some supporting info for a report I manage, and what he gave me was pure garbage.  It took me three hours just to list out all the things that were inaccurate, now I'm waiting for him to fix them and dreading the nonsense I might get back again.

Boss is traveling and wanted us to update our email news with new info, and he said "[Engineering Manager] will know what I'm talking about, ask him."  Chased him down and it turns out Engineering Manager does not, in fact, know what Boss was talking about and the whole thing was news to him.  Grrrrr.  So I asked him two very specific questions and he sent me a link to some extremely broad info.  Not helpful.

Meanwhile, one of Wooz's besties is in Hawaii right now, and her mom is posting photos that make me incredibly jealous. 
  • Options
    I am researching premarital counselors, everything is turning up more expensive than I was hoping for. :/
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Same as usual, running on caffeine and adrenaline for eight hours, then go home and clean the upstairs suite with FW (read: I do all the work while she screws around on her phone, but at least I'll have company and she can keep the dog busy).
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    Do you work in a plastic surgery practice? Because if you don't, that's just weird.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    6fsn said:
    Do you work in a plastic surgery practice? Because if you don't, that's just weird.

I'm sort of a part time personal assistant/admin.  I do all sorts of weird things- book his laser hair removal, buy him shoes, etc.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    6fsn said:
    6fsn said:

I'm sort of a part time personal assistant/admin.  I do all sorts of weird things- book his laser hair removal, buy him shoes, etc.
    Got it. :) Several years ago, I did bookkeeping for a small business owner and occasionally had requests like that.
  • Options
    Mom in town. Problems with the home closing. And I got sunburned.
  • Options
    Mom in town. Problems with the home closing. And I got sunburned.
    Ugh I remember your mom post. How did the "I don't have time to be your tour guide" conversation go?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    It went all right @kimmiinthemitten. I told her I could do most of the day yesterday and took her to the Biltmore Estate, but she was on her own for everything but dinner tonight. I think she finally realized, when i had to take 5 caps from the real estate agent and mortgage agent within an hour and a half time span, that this was really a bad time for her to be here. At least she hasn't insisted on me coming out at all today besides dinner so I'm calling that a win. 

ETA: H is still annoyed but he's coming around, he's coming to dinner tonight and is happy to see her. And I should add, I do love my mom she just has boundary issues. 
  • Options
    It went all right @kimmiinthemitten. I told her I could do most of the day yesterday and took her to the Biltmore Estate, but she was on her own for everything but dinner tonight. I think she finally realized, when i had to take 5 caps from the real estate agent and mortgage agent within an hour and a half time span, that this was really a bad time for her to be here. At least she hasn't insisted on me coming out at all today besides dinner so I'm calling that a win. 

ETA: H is still annoyed but he's coming around, he's coming to dinner tonight and is happy to see her. And I should add, I do love my mom she just has boundary issues. 
    Sorry about the issues with closing :( I hope it all smooths out!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks @spockforprez we think that it should. We were supposed to close Friday, looks like it will be Tuesday (hopefully). We're still waiting on receipts and info. from the seller and our final closing documents. Everyone keeps telling us it will all be fine, I probably won't feel that way until everything is signed and finalized.
  • Options
    Thanks @spockforprez we think that it should. We were supposed to close Friday, looks like it will be Tuesday (hopefully). We're still waiting on receipts and info. from the seller and our final closing documents. Everyone keeps telling us it will all be fine, I probably won't feel that way until everything is signed and finalized.
    I had a panic attack the day we closed. I totally understand. I wasn't ready to be happy or excited until we literally had the keys in our hands. Good luck and try to stay sane (although I didn't!)!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I had a panic attack the day we closed. I totally understand. I wasn't ready to be happy or excited until we literally had the keys in our hands. Good luck and try to stay sane (although I didn't!)!
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one feeling like this! Thanks for the good thoughts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards