Snarky Brides

Hair Stylist DENIED me? Another bride booked her because she didn't answer me!

Hey fellow knotties. Having a bit of a problem at the moment. I wanted to book this hairstylist near my reception. I contacted her on May 5th, and sent her back a list of questions I had. Days went by. I followed up with her yesterday and this morning she emailed back saying a bride just booked her.

Now had she RESPONDED with my questions, I would've booked her. Ladies, what do I do with this? It's total B.S. if you ask me. Thinking of calling the BBB or something.

Re: Hair Stylist DENIED me? Another bride booked her because she didn't answer me!

• Uhhh...what do you do? You calm down and call another stylist.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Read some other threads here and get some perspective, have a cupcake, and book another stylist.
  • Get over it. She probably was in contact with another bride before you, so she was waiting to see if the other bride booked her before wasting your time (and her own). I agree with PPs about asking the stylist for recommendations.

And next time, if you don't get a response via email and are on a tight timeframe, call your prospective vendor to ask questions. Don't assume you will be able to book someone until you have sent them a deposit.

And I am not sure you understand how the BBB works... Sure, you can file a (groundless) complaint, but then the BBB will just follow up with the business, and the business owner will explain what happened, and the BBB will drop the complaint. Because there is nothing to back it.

Also, have a drink and a cupcake. If not getting your first pick at a stylist is your biggest problem in life, then I envy you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Really?  You would report someone to the BBB because someone else booked them first? 

httpsmediariffsycomimages7de1eebde2904d04cfe43209c9a06ed5raw

• This might be the most gaga complaint I've ever read on TK. Well done.

• Hey fellow knotties. Having a bit of a problem at the moment. I wanted to book this hairstylist near my reception. I contacted her on May 5th, and sent her back a list of questions I had. Days went by. I followed up with her yesterday and this morning she emailed back saying a bride just booked her.

Now had she RESPONDED with my questions, I would've booked her. Ladies, what do I do with this? It's total B.S. if you ask me. Thinking of calling the BBB or something.
    I'm sorry, this is hilarious. What, pray tell, do you think the BBB will do for you? No one denied you, like PPs have said, most likely the stylist was talking with the other client first and didn't want to waste your time before knowing if she was booked or not.

You know what you should do with this? Get over yourself, have a glass of wine, take a bath, masturbate, go for a run, and say "thanks, do you have anyone you'd recommend in the area?" and don't be a brat.
  • edited May 2016
    Edit double post sorry
  • Hey fellow knotties. Having a bit of a problem at the moment. I wanted to book this hairstylist near my reception. I contacted her on May 5th, and sent her back a list of questions I had. Days went by. I followed up with her yesterday and this morning she emailed back saying a bride just booked her.

I'm sorry, this is hilarious. What, pray tell, do you think the BBB will do for you? No one denied you, like PPs have said, most likely the stylist was talking with the other client first and didn't want to waste your time before knowing if she was booked or not.

You know what you should do with this? Get over yourself, have a glass of wine, take a bath, masturbate, go for a run, and say "thanks, do you have anyone you'd recommend in the area?" and don't be a brat.
    To the bolded, this is a really good point. The BBB is a watchdog. Responding to complaints is a huge pain in the rear. Is a stylist going to say, "Oh, gee, maybe I should take that bride because she thinks I wronged her?" Nope. And if she did, well, if it were me, I'd do a bad job out of spite. So allow me to repeat myself- you want good karma!
    This goes for anything in working with customer service- you catch more bees with honey. Save the watchdogs for real issues. 

• edited May 2016
    Even if you did have grounds to report her, reporting someone to the BBB accomplishes nothing. Three years ago, I reported a mechanic who sabotaged my car (poked a hole in a hose so that it leaked coolant and my car overheated) when I told him thanks for his time, but I'm getting a second opinion. This repair shop was notorious for overcharging and trying to sabotage cars, but guess what? Nothing happened. I didn't even get reimbursed for the ruined hose, even after I told my brother, who was a service adviser at a large dealership at the time.

Like others have said, thank her for her time and ask for recommendations. Spread good karma.
  • I'd have a glass of wine and start researching new stylists. 
  • I can appreciate that you are frustrated and feel wronged. You can feel anything you would like, but acting on those feelings isn't right. I really like the suggestion of asking her for a stylist recommendation as you like x/y/z about the work she does and would like someone who does similar work.

It is easy to get caught up in the crazy that is planning a wedding. Hopefully, this will be the only blip on the radar and you will find a great stylist that you are happy with.

• Hire another stylist and get on with your life.

Take a walk.   Have a cocktail.   And FFS call another stylist with your questions.

As PPs said telling the BBB that you're filing a complaint makes no sense and you'd probably spend more time just finding out you have no ground. 
  • julieanne912julieanne912 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2016
    **Removed for TOU violation**
    Married 9.12.15
  • The first photographer I interviewed booked with someone else because they paid his deposit first.  So I just booked a different one.  And to be honest, I'm so glad I did!  I got way better pictures than I ever could have imagined!
  • zitiqueen said:
    I love when people threaten to report or suggest reporting businesses to the BBB. It's like they think there's a Better Business Bureau police force that's going to bust down the door and arrest the business owner for shady business practices.

Reality check -- reporting to the BBB is an absolute waste of your time. It will accomplish nothing. 
    In some cases when there is a specific damage (or perceived "damage") that can be easily/cheaply remedied, you can get a result from the BBB. I used to work for a bank and our executive office handled BBB complaints. People would complain about, for example, derogatory payment history being reported to the credit bureau. The executive office would respond by confirming that the history was correct due to nonreceipt of payment, but then would fix it anyway as a courtesy. Things like that. You can see it all play out on the complaints page, the original complaint and the company's response are written out. Then the BBB makes a judgment on how the company handled it - that may or may not factor into the meaningless "grade" or "score" the company gets.

However, I completely agree that just saying, "This business is shady!" or "This should be illegal, you should investigate!" will net no result. At best, the BBB passes on the complaints to the company. Some companies look at them and some don't. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards