Chit Chat

We did it! And have photographic evidence, even!

Hey guys!

I've been kind of in and out lately because I've been busy, oh you know, getting married and going on my honeymoon! 

Quick recap: It was amazing (if I do say so myself)!! The weather was perfect, so we got to have it outside like we wanted. I didn't get nervous all day, but H teared up a couple of times during the ceremony, which was adorably sweet. The two year old flower girl made it all the way down the aisle, tossing petals the whole way. The reception was a blast. Food and cake were on point, and the DJ was awesome. MIL and H's uncle took turns stepping out to watch the Blues game, which actually made it more fun, because they'd run back in and yell every time they scored and kick the party up a notch, lol. We had the reception hall all night, and people were having so much fun that even after the DJ had packed up and left, one of my aunts plugged in her iPod and everyone just kept partying. All in all, I think everyone had a great time, which makes me very happy. I had a couple of people actually tell me that they'd never been to wedding where so much consideration was given to the guests and their comfort, so that made me feel great, and I owe all you wonderful knotties a huge thank you for keeping me on track there!

Things I was not happy with: 
-The stylists that did our hair and make up drove off before getting my payment info, so I had to track them down and pay them when we got back from the honeymoon. Other than that they did a wonderful job.
- My coordinator. We'd met and discussed things several times, but she still forgot the special vegetarian mean we ordered for one of my BMs. We got it taken care of, but I was about ready to kill her at that point.  She didn't put out the lemonade at the reception like we'd talked about, so there was only water, iced tea, and coffee for NA beverages. There were wasps flying all around the ceremony site after she said she'd have them taken care of after multiple conversations about family members with severe allergies. Thank god no one was stung, but I was near livid.
-The bartender. We had two beer options. One was dark, and the other light, but no matter how many times we clarified with her, if you asked for either by name, she was still confused. She also put out a tip jar after we specifically said we didn't want that. I didn't even notice until we were over halfway through the night because H had been bringing me my drinks.

Things I was super happy with:
-I'm married to the person I love most in this world, and I have a great new family!
-The DJ was seriously awesome!
-The florist. My flowers were GORGEOUS! One of the only hang ups that happened was that someone knocked my bouquet onto the floor while I was getting ready and it crushed one of the big lilies right in the center. The florist drove right back over and fixed it for me. They also offered to buy my DIY centerpieces and linens!
-My grandparents. The DJ did an anniversary dance. My grandparents have been married for 58 years, so they "won", and the DJ asked them to give H&I marriage advice. My grandpa said about what you'd expect, but my grandma, who had been in the hospital two days before, and who never drinks, but allowed herself a glass of wine at cocktail hour says, "And if it doesn't work the first time, keep trying!" and then just walked off the dance floor. The entire room lost it.
-Everyone was laughing and had a great time!

Sorry about the novel! But here are some fun pictures!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: We did it! And have photographic evidence, even!

• Congrats!!  That second photo of your two is so cute.  And those shoes!!  Damn!!

•  Love the photos! You look amazing!
  • Beautiful!  Congrats!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • MCmeowMCmeow member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2016
    Wow that sounds amazing, you two look amazing, and from the photos I love that you guys personalized it so much. Love the Godzilla cake!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Love your hair!
  • Love love love!  Congrats!  And I agree...that second picture is just perfect!
  • Thanks guys! I do love that second picture. It was one of the first prints I ordered. @WinstonsGirl the shoes actually kind of became the star of the party. When I changed out of them after a few hours my cousin took them and put them on the mantle over the fireplace that was next to the dance floor. SO many people were taking pictures of them and commenting on them. I actually have a picture of H and MIL wearing them. Haha!
    The Godzilla groom's cake was also a hit @MCmeow !

• So lovely!  I giggled at your cake and I LOVE the shoes!
  • OMG the shoes, what size are those? What's your address? Asking for a friend...

• OMG the shoes, what size are those? What's your address? Asking for a friend...
    Haha! They're a European size 38, so about a US 7. As for my address...how good is your friend at making delicious cakes and margaritas? :wink: 

Haha! They're a European size 38, so about a US 7. As for my address...how good is your friend at making delicious cakes and margaritas? :wink: 
    Not "my friend's" size...but "my friend " is still mega awesome at cakes and margaritas 

• GORGEOUS!
    Congrats!

• Congratulations!! I am in love with the godzilla cake! You both look fabulous! Your flowers and lip color are to die for! 
  • I think everything was said already, but love it!  Looks like it turned out to be a beautiful day.  Glad to hear it!

• justsiejustsie member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    The dress looks amazing on you. Your wedding looks beautiful! 
  • edited May 2016
    Thank you, everyone! It was a fantastic day and I feel so lucky. :blush: 

______box box box box box___________________
    missJeanLouise said: Congratulations!! I am in love with the godzilla cake! You both look fabulous! Your flowers and lip color are to die for!  ________box box box box box__________________

Thanks! The cake started as a joke but to was too good to pass up. lol. The lip color is Sephora's cream lip stain in African Violet. 

ETF: Boxes!!!

• I love your shoes and your dress.  Congrats!
  • OMG, you look beautiful and so happy!

Those shoes are amazing. Where does one get something like that? 
  • fyrchkfyrchk member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    Absolutely beautiful!!! Congratulations to you both!
  • Everything looks great! Congratulations!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • OMG, you look beautiful and so happy!

Those shoes are amazing. Where does one get something like that? 
    I got them from ModCloth, but I don't know that they carry these any more. They're Trixi by Irregular Choice, so you should probably be able to find somewhere that sells them searching with that. :smile: 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards