Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Meal Options w/ Dietary Restrictions

I'm so happy that meal options are now included in the RSVP!

However, is there a way for guests to denote dietary restrictions? For example, say a guest wants chicken but needs it to be gluten free. It would be awesome if they could select chicken, then enter "gluten free" in a dietary restriction text box below.

Does anyone know of a workaround for this?

Re: Meal Options w/ Dietary Restrictions

• I'm so happy that meal options are now included in the RSVP!

However, is there a way for guests to denote dietary restrictions? For example, say a guest wants chicken but needs it to be gluten free. It would be awesome if they could select chicken, then enter "gluten free" in a dietary restriction text box below.

Does anyone know of a workaround for this?

Do you mean on an electronic RSVP? If so, not exactly related, but I've heard 1,000 terrible stories about The Knot tools and information disappearing so you may not want to use the TK tools as your only RSVP (if you are).

But the easiest way to do this would be paper RSVPs. Then you can have the meal selections listed out with check boxes and a line at the bottom for dietary restrictions.  

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Thanks for the reply and input - I should've specified electronic RSVP :)

I was originally planning to do a paper RSVP, until I saw TK recently improved their electronic RSVP functionality. I'm not completely sold on the electronic RSVP (obviously there are still kinks) so was just curious if there was a workaround to dietary restrictions if I were to go the electronic route.
  • TyvmTyvm member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    ...GloSite and SquareSpace also offer online invitations/wedding website/online RSVP tools that are likely better than TK's...but they cost money.

k thnx bye

• Thanks for the ideas, Tyvm! I'll look into them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards