Wedding Woes

Too Much Stress.. (long)

2»

Re: Too Much Stress.. (long)

• TyvmTyvm member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    And, can I just say, a big fuck-general-you to everyone who's ever believed that so-and-so will be offended for not being invited to their family member's wedding? 
    @thisismynickname Not quite the same thing, but my parents just got an invite to family friends' daughter's wedding, with one week to RSVP (i.e., obvious B-listing), and my mom goes, "So I guess you're going to send them a save the date?" NOPE. Maybe I'll send them an invite in a month or two, but you don't B-list my parents and then expect to receive a [totally unnecessary] Save The Date. 'Not sure what my mother is thinking.

k thnx bye

• For OP, it sounds like what you REALLY want is something low-key and intimate.  I know its hard going against the moms but, if that is what the two of you want, stick to your guns.  If that means you all can't invite most/all of the aunts, uncles, and/or cousins.  Than so be it.  It's perfectly fine to just have immediate family members.

When the subject comes up, I often hear people say they wish they had scaled back on their wedding.  I rarely hear it the other way around.

Truth be told, I'm biased!  I only had 35 guests, all of whom were close family and friends, and I just loved it that way.  Planning was fairly stress free.  I was able to have conversations with all my guests.  My mom paid for most of it and it was held in her large patio/backyard, but I doubt it was more than $5K...and that even included a professional photographer, alcohol, and a buffet dinner brought in by a local restaurant.  We did not, however, have dancing or a DJ.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards