Wedding Reception Forum

Bridal Shower Guest Dilemma HELP

i have a question about inviting people to bridal showers. My fiancés step sister has already told us she can't make it to our wedding, reason being our wedding is the same day as her bachelorette party (she's getting married about 6 weeks after us). Should she still be invited to the bridal shower? And to make it more awkward she's having one of three bridal showers the morning of my only bridal shower. In general any suggestions or advice on this situation would help. 

Re: Bridal Shower Guest Dilemma HELP

• Depending on your FI relationship with her, I would still extend the invitation. If FI isn't that close to her I wouldn't invite her. I do think it is rather odd that she allowed a bach party to be planned on your wedding day.
  • Their parents got married about 4 years ago. They're close, but didn't grow up with each other. I know my FI is a little peeved she can't make the wedding. Which it understandable. We planned our wedding second, but we wanted something smallish outside, and we couldn't really wait until their wedding was over with to do that. I don't know if there's  another reason to why she doesn't want to go or what's going on. She's someone who very much likes being in the center of attention and is loving every minute leading up to her wedding, whereas I could care less
  • i have a question about inviting people to bridal showers. My fiancés step sister has already told us she can't make it to our wedding, reason being our wedding is the same day as her bachelorette party (she's getting married about 6 weeks after us). Should she still be invited to the bridal shower? And to make it more awkward she's having one of three bridal showers the morning of my only bridal shower. In general any suggestions or advice on this situation would help. 
    Their parents got married about 4 years ago. They're close, but didn't grow up with each other. I know my FI is a little peeved she can't make the wedding. Which it understandable. We planned our wedding second, but we wanted something smallish outside, and we couldn't really wait until their wedding was over with to do that. I don't know if there's  another reason to why she doesn't want to go or what's going on. She's someone who very much likes being in the center of attention and is loving every minute leading up to her wedding, whereas I could care less
    Who is hosting the shower? If the host has offered to host people enough people where she can be invited (i.e. The host said she/he could host 30 guests and you only have 25 that you really want to invite) then send her an invite and if she comes great, if not oh well you still tried to include her. 

However if its the situation where he host can only have limited guests and you would really like to have someone you are close to rather than her I don't see a problem in not inviting her. 
  • The host is my FI mom. Guest limit is no issue
  • As long as the host can accommodate, I would invite her. If she was invited to the wedding, she can be invited to the shower. It would be rude to invite her to the shower if she wasn't invited to the wedding, but this is clearly not the case.
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Yes I would invite her.

Even though she cannot attend your wedding, you did invite her, so it's OK to invite her to your shower.
  • Yes, I would invite her. She can't make the wedding. That's not the same as not being invited to the wedding. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards