Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Coffee and Cake Reception

I am having an afternoon wedding, starting around 2pm. I was thinking of having a coffee bar and cake for the reception, along with maybe some nuts or something. It will be a winter wedding, so hot drinks will be nice. Do you think this would go over well, or do we need something else?

Re: Coffee and Cake Reception

• Some little sandwiches and veggies wouldn't go amiss, but not nessesary as the event is after lunch.  I only say this as I don't have a huge sweet tooth so it would just be my personal preference IYKWIM?  Love the coffee bar idea. 
  • What about adding some cheese and crackers? Nothing too fancy or expensive, but a little something that isn't too sweet will go a long way. 

Love the cofffee bar!
  • I also second having something a little more savory there.  I love coffee, and cake, but sometimes that's just a little too much sugar for me and I need something slightly more substantial/not as sugary.

• As long as everything is over by 5, I think your plan is fine. But if you don't end things by then, I think you need to serve a meal as the event will exceed 3 hours and creep into dinner time.

Ditto everyone else on loving the coffee bar, but suggesting alternatives to coffee and a little something savory.

*********************************************************************************

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    What you are dong is completely fine- short reception at a non-meal time.

However, if you have the budget, I would recommend adding a few other hot beverages- hot chocolate and tea, cider if you have more of a budget. And water.

I also agree, if you have the budget, some trays of cheese/crackers and/or fruit/veggies would be nice.
  • I would be all about this reception.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Mmm I want a latte now
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards