New York-New York City

Florist and Bakery in Brooklyn/Queens

Finally getting down to doing some of my other vendors.  I need a florist for the bouquets, boutonnieres, and Mother's corsages. Any recommendations?  A bridesmaid recommended we do these ourselves because she did it for another wedding. But, I don't know how easy this would be. Anyone done this before?

Also, Recommendations for a baker?  I am thinking of doing cupcakes instead of a wedding cake. Thoughts? Since I have a lot of out of town guests coming, I was also thinking of doing Black & White cookies as wedding favors. This might be something I could get from the baker too. Our wedding colors are Black, White, and Red.

Re: Florist and Bakery in Brooklyn/Queens

• Leli’s Bakery - the best and they work within budgets

• 35-14 30th Ave
      Astoria, NY 11103
    Astoria  Phone number (718) 626-8090

JC Floral Design Studio - amazing!!!

• 41-18 Crescent St
      Long Island City, NY 11101
    Long Island City  Phone number(347) 506-1161
  • I had ideas to get my friends together to DIY the floral arrangements but became overwhelmed. Where was I going to get the flowers? What if it doesn't work out? How many days in advance can I make them? I ended up becoming overwhelmed during the few days before the wedding with all the other wedding details and logistics.  Luckily we were able to get the bridal bouquet, mother's corsages, and boutonniere with ONE day's notice to the florist.

I used Quinn Florist in Astoria
    3524 Broadway, Astoria, NY 11103
    (718) 777-2626

Good luck!