Not Engaged Yet
Options

It's Monday

Good morning!

Friday was my excel course on pivot tables and macros and it was very interesting. I learned a ton that I didn't know and the instructor was awesome. So overall I would rate it a success. Friday night Mom and I went to the spa and it was so nice. They give you bathrobes and flip flops when you check in. We then went to the "Relaxation Room" which had a heated foot pool, lounge chairs and tranquil music. We both had our massages, then went to the private hot tub, and tried the sauna for about 5 minutes. They had showers, so we cleaned up and headed to dinner. It was so nice to spend a night out with Mom.

Friday night, my cable wasn't working again so I had to reboot the whole thing. I finally got it working and fell asleep, only to be woken up at 4am from the fire alarm beeping because the batteries were dying. It took forever to figure out how to open the thing, but I did and changed them. 

Saturday I went to the gym, brought Tessie to our neighbors for a play date and then headed into Boston for dinner and a show with my cousin and her daughter. the show was hysterical. It's called Shear Madness and I guess they do it in other cities, not just Boston so I highly recommend it!!

Yesterday my other friend came over with Piper and Stella so Tessie could have another play date. Both girls had their SO's in Myrtle with BF so it was nice to have girl time and puppy time. I slept on the couch last night until about 1:30 when BF called because the boys were almost there! They got to our house around 2am and all promptly got in their cars and flew out of the driveway. I think they were all exhausted.

How was everyone else's weekend??
friends tv show funy

Re: It's Monday

• Options
    @PamBeesly524 Glad you had fun in SC! I love those Escape the Room things! We are dying to do another one!

@jenna8984 Sounds like a good weekend! 

I forgot to put this in my post but @minskat30 I LOVE the pictures of Ani in the Friday thread! She is so beautiful!!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 I love stay-cations. I'm glad you enjoyed yours! Sounds like a great time with family! 

@TwoDimes OMG Indy's face in that last picture! She is so damn cute! 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @TwoDimes Tessie is the same way. She loves laying in our doorway watching all the happenings in the neighborhood! 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 Your staycation sounds amazing! Thanks for the tip - I'll actually still be at work after I donate so hopefully I can relax at my desk and eat lunch until I feel normal again.

@TwoDimes Love the Indy pics! Glad you guys got to relax by the pool ;) It's so cute that Indy loves to watch what's going on outside.

@beachyone15 glad you had a fun beach weekend!

• Options

@pambeesly524 same with me, I have tried to donate a few times and they say I'm anemic so who knows. You should just take it easy afterwards. Glad you had a blast in SC- I'm dying to do the Worcester or Boston escape room.

@southernpeach89 we missed you last week. sounds like you had great family time and yay for Callie sleeping all night!

@twodimes damn 100 degrees already? Our forecast is saying like 70 all month which kinda sucks because I want to go to the ocean for a day but that's a tad chilly for me in a bathing suit. Daaaw I love Indy's face so much.

@beachyone15 Very jealous of your beach trip, sounds like an awesome time. Nice job H doing the shopping- that's hilarious that he lost the list. We bought those re-usable canvas bags from the store and keep forgetting to bring them each week!

• Options
    @TwoDimes I need to break out our baby pool! It has been so hot here too!

• Options
    Soo the blood drive isn't until JULY 11... Not even the 13th. I have no idea why I thought it was today, I think I'm going insane. I guess I will run today! :)
  • Options
    @labro love the photos! Sounds like you had a great weekend.
  • Options
    @labro Love the retaining wall!!! It looks great!
  • Options
    @labro - The wall looks beautiful! Great job! Also, my response to the name of that band -

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @beachyone15 LOL I know right? I thought the name was hilarious but they were really good! Whatevs, they were from Alabama so I guess it fits lol!

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @TwoDimes Wells I DID say that it was an ovary ache inducing photo!! So sue me. :P I don't think our storm doors are energy efficient like that. Oh well I guess. :( It's not worth replacing them for us but I am so glad it was so cheap to upgrade!

• Options
    @labro The wall looks great! Cute pictures with Callie too!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options

@labro so cute!! And that wall does look really great.

@twodimes Our new house has the weirdest front door jam- there is no storm door or place to screw one in, like the jam is set back to only accommodate the front door. At first I thought it was weird but it's nice not having to open one when your hands are full and rest it on your ass. My last house, the glass door was always icy in winter so I'd get a wet mark on my ass lol.

• Options
    @eilis1228 - I'm feeling the same uneasiness at my job with a new boss. Although working from home sounds like something I would definitely buy into! Hoping things aren't too crazy and you'll get more info soon. That's the hardest part - waiting to hear what's going to happen.

• Options
    @eilis1228 I feel the same way at work- just last week they announced a "restructure" and my Chicago boss that I was very close was laid off, and now I report to a dude in CHINA. So I'm definitely worried that at some point they will be shutting my office down and just sending the work to China. At least the rest of your weekend sounds nice & relaxing! I'm due 8/2 - 7 weeks to go!

• Options
    Even though I don't order Stitch Fix, I love seeing what everyone else gets. There have been no updates on that thread in almost 2 months- is nobody getting it anymore?

• Options
    @jenna8984 @beachyone15 Oh wow, I hate that you guys are dealing with similar work stress. I wouldn't wish this on anyone! I hope both of your jobs are secure and all the chaos dies down ASAP!

@jenna8984 7 weeks!!!!!!! That's so soon! RE: SF-- I had to stop getting it due to budget reasons, but I signed up to get a Fix this month. I'll probably cancel it though because I really need to focus on saving money, and I'm already over my monthly budget for discretionary purchases. *sigh* Adulting is so lame. 

• Options
    Jstump2Jstump2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2016
    I survived the wedding! I had fun despite some wedding etiquette blunders. HUGE gap. Ceremony at noon and reception at 6pm (but we didn't eat until after 7pm). Head table for bridal party which means poor H had to sit at a table with people he didn't know and I kept "visiting". Other then a that everything was very nice. Open bar, champagne at every table for a toast. Anyone that is breastfeeding and in a wedding party I don't recommend it. Luckily I am able to hand express(I know some women only respond to a pump) so I was able to discreetly sneak away to a bathroom periodically to relieve myself, otherwise I would have been in a lot of pain! The bride did offer me the bridal room once we got to the reception hall but people kept coming and knocking and wanting to come in and I felt sooo awkward. It was nice to dance with my H and enjoy reminiscing about our wedding but I was super happy to spend the whole day with baby girl on Sunday.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    @jenna8984 I think @Swazzle is still getting some Fixes. I dropped it last year because of the cost mostly. And I wasn't super enthusiastic about the stuff I kept getting. My first fix hit it out of the park and everything after that was pretty lackluster.

• Options
    @LizzyTish88 that spa sounds amazing! I used to go to a place when I lived up there that was in an older house.  It was just standard massages and facials though.  I would have loved the tubs and saunas.
    @southernpeach89 your staycation sounds perfect, it always feels good to just have time off and no plan.  And yay for Callie sleeping lots!
    @twodimes I need to get a kiddie pool for Calla. Indy looks so ridiculously happy!
    @jenna8984 so I'm guessing that means he did well with the shopping trip? Any time I've taken my bf with me, we end up getting a lot of food I wouldn't typically buy.  I can guarantee if he goes on his own, there would be a lot of junk food and booze haha
    @PamBeesly524 your weekend in SC sounds awesome! 

This weekend was a mixture of unpacking, cleaning, and craziness.  Friday and Sunday I spent cleaning the house and unpacking from our trip.  Saturday was my niece's dance recital.  It was adorable.  As soon as the music started you knew which one was my niece because she was singing along on the top of her lungs.  Her cousin is also in the same dance class and refused to go on stage, so after intermission they had the girls perform again.  We took all the kids for ice cream afterwords (in hindsight that was a bad idea... 6 toddlers and sugar late at night = no one went to bed).

I signed up for another fitness challenge.  I've done so well with this one and I don't want to lose all the momentum I've gained over the last 8 weeks.  I completely forgot to measure myself at the beginning, so I'm not sure how much I've lost exactly.  But my clothes are fitting better and I can see a huge difference in my stomach. 

• Options
    beachyone15beachyone15 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2016
    @jenna8984 - I have been skipping SF as well due to our budget. We've had to come up with our deductible to get our windows and roof replaced after the hailstorm(s) and H and I are saving everything we can now for our Seattle/Portland trip in the fall. I do miss getting boxes though. Maybe I'll get one before the trip so I'll have something cute to wear! I'll just call it a "travel expense".

ETF: words

• Options
    @jenna8984 I slowed down on my boxes because I was disappointed with them. I actually just got one over the weekend and hated everything so I probably won't be posting!

• Options
    Re: StitchFix I got the email that said "get a fix for your birthday!" so I did. I stalked it and hated everything but when it got to my house and I tried it on I REALLY hated it. I then read the card and it was styled for my "Mom on-the-go" lifestyle. There was also mention of an item that wasn't there and no mention of my birthday, even though I wrote about it in the requests. I just returned the whole thing and wrote to customer service. If they don't do anything to fix it, I will be completely done with it.
    friends tv show funy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards