Attire & Accessories Forum

Mother of the Bride/Groom dresses

1235»

Re: Mother of the Bride/Groom dresses

• No matter what happens between now and then, don't lose sight of the fact that at the end of whatever day you're given, you have married the person you love most. That part of your dream wedding will always remain a constant.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• No matter what happens between now and then, don't lose sight of the fact that at the end of whatever day you're given, you have married the person you love most. That part of your dream wedding will always remain a constant.
    Absolutely! 
  • My sister is a big fan of having a glass of wine while breastfeeding, which is apparently completely safe for the baby. Plan B's for every occasion!

Some people are snarky in nature. In sure you read my responses as rude but they were genuine.  I'm glad you're working your way through the Plan B scenarios. And like PPs have said, it's just a back up plan. Like the second pair of shoes you bring in case your feet get tired. 
  • edited June 2016
    My sister is a big fan of having a glass of wine while breastfeeding, which is apparently completely safe for the baby. Plan B's for every occasion!

Some people are snarky in nature. In sure you read my responses as rude but they were genuine.  I'm glad you're working your way through the Plan B scenarios. And like PPs have said, it's just a back up plan. Like the second pair of shoes you bring in case your feet get tired. 
    I'm wearing Converse wedges so the feet getting tired shouldn't be a problem!
    eta- the one time I drank it seemed to affect him, too. I'm an older mom and it worries me. I'm probably a little overly cautious.
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Then where did this whole dressy casual thing come from????
    Don't forget, her initial preference was "creative black tie".

• MobKaz said:

Can y'all not make fun of me behind my back like normal people?
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    MobKaz said:

Can y'all not make fun of me behind my back like normal people?
    We have had brides come to these boards and insist on all sorts of insane dress requirements.  They border anywhere from complete bridezilla to utter nonsensical, made up criteria that even the bride herself cannot clearly define or explain. My snark was intended more for yet another fictitious attire category versus you personally.  But if you are new to the boards I can see how you would take it personally.  I apologize for that.  For the record, if I meant to truly make fun of you behind your back, I would not have posted it publicly.

The other reason for poking fun at the category is that sometimes brides get caught up in the emotions of wedding planning.  It is hard to see just how trivial some of these issues are when in the eleventh hour of planning.  Sometimes seeing the absurd in actual print can offer that moment of comic relief and break the tension of the moment and/or the thread.  In the end, it truly will not matter what a guest wore, or that a Plan B had to be implemented.  Sometimes that unexpected or spontaneous moment of the day ends up being the best memory maker of the day.

Normal has never been my strong suit.
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    My sister is a big fan of having a glass of wine while breastfeeding, which is apparently completely safe for the baby. Plan B's for every occasion!

I'm wearing Converse wedges so the feet getting tired shouldn't be a problem!
    eta- the one time I drank it seemed to affect him, too. I'm an older mom and it worries me. I'm probably a little overly cautious.

• MobKaz said:

That was pretty much my mom's reaction when I told her I was thinking about it. She doesn't know I already bought them. 
  • ernursejernursej member
    First Answer First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2016
    geebee908 said:I'm starting to feel like this is one of those "getting everyone across a river" puzzles, but I'm not ready to give up yet. Does the bridal party have to hide pre-ceremony? Is it so cramped that there isn't room for all of you to wait in the back of the reception area?
    It's a restaurant. The back of the area is the kitchen. 

My entire wedding (ceremony and reception) is at a restaurant. We are not hiding pre-ceremony as there is no place to do so. I'm considering that this will likely make me less nervous and will be fun to chat with people before hand. There are always ways to make things workable.  

Edit required for spelling.

• I hope everything goes wonderfully for you. I was an older mom too. The one glass of wine I had the first time we went out to dinner after she was born  was worth the pump and dump.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards