New Jersey

Opinions on a July Reception with No AC

Hi all,

I am in love with a shore venue, however it doesn't have AC.  It is near a water front and at a higher elevation so there is a breeze. The ballroom has windows and ceiling fans.  What are your thoughts on a reception (afternoon 4-9) during the first week of July? Am I just being silly to think that this could actually be comfortable for my guest? 

Re: Opinions on a July Reception with No AC

• NowIAmSypNowIAmSyp member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2016
    Oof.  This is a tough one- but not only is it July, but it's also during the day/early evening (3-5pm is often the hottest part of the day).  I would personally keep looking.  Just imagine if there was a heat wave going on- which definitely happens in July.  Add in all the body heat from your guests- it could be rough.  And if guests are hot and sweaty- they're likely not going to want to dance, etc.

For the sake of a fun party, where your guests are comfortable and happy, I would move on.  Where are you looking?  What is your budget?  Lots of us NJ ladies might be able to help with other options.  Good luck!
  • Thanks for your response! I want everyone has a good time and I would hate for everyone to be miserable.  

We are pretty set on getting married at a particular church in Asbury Park.  However, I am having a difficult time finding a reception venue that fits our tastes and budget within a reasonable distance.  We're leaning more towards the "rustic" trend rather than the big decked out ballroom.   I haven't been to any weddings in that area so any recommendations are appreciated! 

I'm also not afraid of a DIY because my family has thrown events for 150+ people several times before.  If we do go that route, I'm looking for a step up from the firehouse banquet hall facility.   Our budget is $25,000 and our tentative guest list is 150. 
  • Well, just two off the top of my head- what about:
    -Sandy Hook Chapel
    - Tim McCloone's Supper Club

The chapel is definitely more rustic, but the supper club is cool and different, too.  Did you try those?

Good luck!

• I wouldn't want to risk it. Like the PP said, that could easily be the hottest part of the day. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards