Chit Chat

NBA finals! Or, sportsball in general.

edited June 2016 in Chit Chat
The Cavaliers are about to win game six and tie the series!!!!! And the Indians are at the top of the AL Central!!!

What are your teams doing? (Non-Americans too!)

ETA: 115-101! 

Re: NBA finals! Or, sportsball in general.

• bleve0821bleve0821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2016
    Oh my god, the Cavs WON? DH must be over the moon! He was convinced Golden State would sweep them. I don't like basketball so I had no interest.

My teams suck. I don't want to talk about it.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Oh my god, the Cavs WON? DH must be over the moon! He was convinced Golden State would sweep them. I don't like basketball so I had no interest.

They led the whole game. I was shocked. I was waiting for them to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Is your H from Ohio?
  • edited June 2016
    I'm not a basketball fan, but stayed up late watching the second half of the Cavs. I want them to win, Cleveland is due (although the lake Erie monsters did just win a championship for the Land :tongue: ) but I'm evil laughing all the way to game 7 bc it is keeping the RNC out off the arena. They wanted 6 weeks to set up, but are only getting 4 bc the Cavs took it all the way to game 7...bahmauhhahaha

Football and futbol are my sports. The former hasn't started, and the latter - my premier league team finished 3rd. I'm avoiding the USMNT game bc we recorded it. These late games are killing me!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I don't follow basketball but still, very exciting for fans of both teams. 

I only watch baseball and I'm a huge Yankees fan. They're....not doing so well this season. Sigh.
  • I loooooooove a game 7, so this is fantastic. I also work in sports, so a 7-game series is always better in general.

My teams...sigh. My Capitals were supposed to be better, and lost as usual. The Wizards are terrible, everyone is optimistic about the Skins but I have my doubts...and then there's the Yankees. Sigh. I knew I should have switched to the Nationals when they came to DC...

• The Astros are slowly getting better,so I'm cautiously optimistic.  

I'm happy for the Cavs.  I have a,lot of friends in Cleveland, so I'm pulling for them. 
  • bleve0821bleve0821 member
    edited June 2016
    Oh my god, the Cavs WON? DH must be over the moon! He was convinced Golden State would sweep them. I don't like basketball so I had no interest.

They led the whole game. I was shocked. I was waiting for them to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Is your H from Ohio?
    Cleveland seems to be a pro at that.

No he isn't, but DH has family there and I guess spent a lot of time with them growing up (the details are fuzzy). He's also a Browns fan, which in his mind means I am also a Browns fan (naturally). I'm not.

Ironically, he's not an Indians fan...

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Oh my god, the Cavs WON? DH must be over the moon! He was convinced Golden State would sweep them. I don't like basketball so I had no interest.

Is your H from Ohio?

No he isn't, but DH has family there and I guess spent a lot of time with them growing up (the details are fuzzy). He's also a Browns fan, which in his mind means I am also a Browns fan (naturally). I'm not.

I like Browns fans. They make me feel better about being a Bears fan.

I'm starting to get into baseball, just because everyone is so damned excited about the Cubs. They're a good team with likeable players right now (and jesus Christ, Kris Bryant) so it's hard not to drink the Cubbie Koolaid.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Is your H from Ohio?

I'm starting to get into baseball, just because everyone is so damned excited about the Cubs. They're a good team with likeable players right now (and jesus Christ, Kris Bryant) so it's hard not to drink the Cubbie Koolaid.

Although I'm a White Sox fan, I'm glad the Cubs are finally doing well. However, should they make it to the World Series, we're turning tail and getting the hell outta dodge. No need to be in town for the rioting that will surely take place if the Cubs finally succeed at something. Even just the ruckus that the Hawks wins caused around here would be far eclipsed by a Cubs win and that's a scary thought. 

Is your H from Ohio?

Say what you like about the Browns, but they have some of the most loyal fans in the NFL. There are backers clubs all over the world, including Kandahar Air Force Base and McMurdo Research Station in Antarctica.
  • ei34ei34 member
    Not a huge basketball fan (not since the Knicks in the 90s anyway).  I do always a appreciate when a series gets to game 7 though.

Baseball and football are my sports.  I'm praying my Mets start to get their big guys back (so many injuries) and turn things around.  And looking forward to the Jets in the next couple of months.
  • Not a huge basketball fan, but it seems hard not to root for the Cavs in Ohio. 

Im a Bills fan and H is a Steelers fan so living in Browns country (which appears to stretch all the way to Toledo) should be interesting this year. 

I'm also a Yankees fan, who are not great so no real happy sports news in my life. 
  • edited June 2016
    Holy crap! The Cavs won! 

Bonus: The Indians swept the White Sox!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards