Chit Chat

Random Question - What is a "carriage-house room"?

So I'm looking a B&Bs to stay at for an upcoming getaway and I keep seeing some rooms described as "carriage-house rooms." Asked my H, he doesn't know what that means. Texted some friends, they don't know what that means. Did a Google search, couldn't find an answer (mostly got links for hotels/B&Bs called "The Carriage House). Help me out, ladies who are more well-travelled than I am- what does it mean when an accommodation is described as a carriage house room!?

Re: Random Question - What is a "carriage-house room"?

• It probably just means that the rooms are in what was once the carriage house. Here's an example of what a carriage house might look like from the outside:

• It often also means that in order to access the main house you must go outside. 
  • Thanks y'all! This was very helpful :).
  • So ironically enough, I went to Vegas in January and stayed at the Carriage House hotel.  Then went to Virginia City and we had the Carriage House Room at a B&B.  And we didn't even book the Carriage House, we got upgraded last minute since it wasn't a very popular time to go.  This Carriage House was just a separate "house" from the hotel though.  Not sure why it was named "Carriage House".  Is your stay in Virginia City, because then I have all the answers for you!

• We prefer to stay in carriage houses when we Airbnb, the ones we've stayed in have had more privacy, no shared bathrooms and kitchens or kitchenettes. You can always contact them to see what amenities there are. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

I'm thinking it is a separate small house not attached to the main dwelling, sort of like a separate guest house though small and probably kind of sparse

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards