Wedding Invitations & Paper

Addressing save the dates

Hi guys,

I'm working on addressing my Save the Dates and I'm not sure how it compares to invitations. For example, everyone can bring a "plus one" so should I say, "Miss Jane Doe and guest" on the envelope like you would with the formal invitations? Or just "Miss Jane Doe"?

Also, for the return address labels, how should I list our names? Is this appropriate....

Alison Rihs
Derrick Day
111 Somewhere St
Anywhere, TN 11111

Thanks!!

Re: Addressing save the dates

• Save the Dates are an informal means of communication. Don't put plus one on the envelope because you might need to adjust your guest list and not extend plus ones. However, all SOs must be invited so most people will advise you to mentally include that for all your guests that are single for budgeting/total count purposes. On the formal invitation, you would include the "and guest" or the SO by name. Your return address labels are fine the way you have them.
  • OP, I suggest editing your names out of this post. I just found you on FB and your wedding website. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards