Not Engaged Yet

Wednesday

2»

Re: Wednesday

• @Swazzle Just the one - My parents have 1 cat left but these days I consider him "theirs". H always makes fun of me because I baby the shit out of Cooper.. He had a bug bite on his head like two weeks ago and I was freaking out about what it could be. Although now I'm thinking... WAS it a bug bite or more food allergies? 

Anyway, we'll definitely get more furbabies when we move into a house, but for now it's not really fair to Cooper to have someone invade his space - there's not many separate places for animals to hide or be alone in our apartment. Plus, no dogs allowed right now.

@cu97tiger wow, that's awesome! I've always wanted to do Ragnar, it seems so fun. Right now I'm signed up for another half on 7/9 and then I'm considering doing another one in Oct... I'm also running a 5k this weekend which is my first 5k race in awhile so that should be fun!

• @PamBeesly524 I buy the RI pass- I really live in RI. When I was a kid, my dad would bring us to Winthrop or anywhere on the cape. 

@Swazzle Wow- that tattoo looks so good. Your H has a good artist. The beach parking rates are such a racket. Residents pay $10 weekday/$14 weekend and nonresidents pay $20 weekday/$28 weekend. And you still have to walk like a mile to the beach from your car...
  • @PamBeesly524 - Ahh ok. I was asking because sometime sBailey will have a scratch by his ear but it's always because Brody is a dick lol. 

@500days - Ohhhhh I see. I didn't realize that was for parking. At almost all the beaches here, you pay to park AND to get on the beach. It's bullshit. 

• @AlPacina I meant to tag you in my post above but forgot. I've been listening to Hamilton, and I keep getting "My Shot" stuck in my head. Except for some reason in my head, the line is, "I'm young, sexy, and hungry" instead of "young, scrappy, and hungry." I like my version better. Also, I'm glad you got the Hunger Games! They are fantastic! Very quick reads!

@minskat30 I saw your post yesterday, and I'm so glad you had a good day alone with Ani. I looooove that she gave you a sweet little smile too! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @minskat30 Just alllllllllll the love on the breastfeeding struggle! I'd personally keep it up because I think it can help a lot with weight loss? But I'm not 100% on that and obviously it's not worth it if it's seriously affecting your mental health and making your daily life a struggle. <3 I'm so proud of you for going solo yesterday with Ani! That had to have been really tough and I'm glad your H is home today to help with the transition!

Please please please AW ALL the baby Ani photos when you get to see them! I hope the session goes well!

• @labro @twodimes - Thank you.  I'm pretty certain that I'm one of the unfortunate few with low milk supply.  It isn't that common but it is genetic in part and my mom and sister both had the same issue.  I've tried every homeopathic remedy I know of, talked to several lactation consultants and even tried a prescription med.  So far, no luck.  She's getting something from me and that's better than nothing but her primary food is formula right now since my supply is so low.  I doubt this will fix itself so I think I'm giving myself the additional 3 weeks to get my head around the fact that I'm supplementing with breastmilk vs supplementing with formula.  
  • @minskat30 Breastfeeding is so hard at the beginning and you're already doing something so amazing for Ani. She is still getting all those antibodies! No worries though if things don't work out, you have tried everything and that's all you can do. As long as Ani is fed that's all that matters.
  • I'm cleaning out my garage and sweeping it and I'm finding so many spiders. I'm about to vomit, it's disgusting. They are all pissed off because I'm ruining their nests. GO OUTSIDE SPIDERS!!! 
  • @minskat30 All the hugs Momma! <3 I'm so glad yesterday went well for you and Ani. We all knew you could do and and are so proud of you! I'm so sorry you are still struggling with breastfeeding. I hope you are able to get to a good place, whether that means being able to BF or having to switch and being okay with it. Just remember you have an incredible H and, of course, us to lean on!
    friends tv show funy
  • edited June 2016
    @minskat30 - ALL the hugs for the breastfeeding stress.  I have no experience there, but I do know that everybody has opinions on how people should parent (like the time my mother told me I should make sure to have a baby at the same time as my sister because I won't be able to breastfeed because of my meds, while my sister is a milk-producing machine...).

Edited because it only posted half the first time...WTF, TK?

The second part: I'm sure you will figure out what is best for you an Ani, because you are an amazing mama!
  • @Swazzle LMAO omg!!!!! i totally saw a mashup video of a bunch of cats getting brain freezes on fb yesterday.. too funny but also a little sad! :)
  • It's been a chaotic day, but I just wanted to say that @minskat30 you're doing a great job!  My sister is solely giving Em formula because she couldn't produce enough breast milk.  Like I kept telling her, as long as baby is healthy and fed, you're doing a great job!
  • I didn't mean to kill the daily thread!

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    AlPacina said:

I didn't mean to kill the daily thread!

• @eilis1228 - Thank God I'm not the only one obsessed with Hamilton! I spent an hour online yesterday trying to find tickets in Chicago. The only ones I could find were obstructed view... boo. Not what I'd want for paying $200+ AND having to buy a plane ticket!
    @minskat30 - All the love, my friend!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @cu97tiger I will definitely grab a hot dog! Looks like they are on the sea wall so right there by the town beach..already following on IG!

@minskat30 You are doing such an amazing job being mommy to Ani! She is so precious. Can't wait to see the photos soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards