Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Rehearsal fee

I just received the contract for our venue today which I'm incredibly excited about! The contract mentions paying to hold the rehearsal at the premises which I wasn't expecting (We're hold the ceremony and the reception at the same location). Is this a normal fee? It seems like it would make sense as the coordinator will be working to help us with the rehearsal, but I wanted to make sure it was normal before signing, thanks!

Re: Rehearsal fee

• A fee for the rehearsal is normal. As long as you are comfortable with the rate they are charging you are fine to sign.

Keep in mind that you don't have to have a rehearsal. If you don't have a rehearsal ... then you don't need to have a rehearsal dinner so you save extra!

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Our rehearsal was included as part of our total venue fee. You don't necessarily NEED a rehearsal unless your ceremony is extra complicated or something...and if you feel like you need the practice walking, you can always meet up with your bridal party at your house or something in order to get the order down right if needed. Basically it's totally up to you here. If you aren't comfortable with the fee you could always ask to remove it from the contract and tell them you don't plan to have a rehearsal there. On the other hand, if it doesn't bother you at all, go ahead and sign.

The rehearsal was helpful but we didn't even have our entire bridal party there and everyone did just fine at the wedding the next day so we definitely could have skipped it.

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Our rehearsal was included in our venue fee (i.e. no additional fee to have a rehearsal), however the venue was very particular about what day of the week and between what times it could happen. Our wedding was Saturday, and they only allowed rehearsals on the Thurs even between 3-7pm.

It is not uncalled for to charge an additional fee. Will the coordinator be there? If so, I can see that. When we did our rehearsal, there was a coordinator there, but he did not step in too much, it was mainly run by our officiant.

Agreed- if you are comfortable with the fee, go for it. If you aren't, you can always ask, "What service is included as part of the rehearsal fee?". Or, you can forgo the rehearsal.
  • Similar to @SP29, our rehearsal was included in our venue fee, but it was up in the air on if we'd even be able to have a rehearsal there or not. We got married on a Saturday and were able to do a Friday night rehearsal as long as there was not another (paying) event/wedding that night. We lucked out and got to have it there, but like PPs said, unless you have a complicated ceremony, you don't really need a rehearsal at the venue. Our backup was just to do it at my parents' house or something. Also, our coordinator was not there and we just kind of ran through it by ourselves.
  • Same as @MaggieF1990. We do not have an extra fee for the rehearsal but we are only able to have it at the venue if there is not another event that evening. We are also getting married on a Saturday. If there is an event on Friday night we have the option of having it early in the day, but there are no extra charges.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Any venue contact that doesn't have a separate rehearsal fee has it built into the base fee. They can't rent the venue to someone else if you are using it to rehearse. I'd prefer to have it separate, as it it's not needed and could potentially save money.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• We negotiated our rehearsal fee to free by moving it one day ahead when the venue is not going to be booked. I would say most of the venues we looked at had the rehearsal free mentioned in addition to the price.
  • We negotiated our rehearsal fee to free by moving it one day ahead when the venue is not going to be booked. I would say most of the venues we looked at had the rehearsal free mentioned in addition to the price.
    It is considered rude around here to revive threads that are more than 6 weeks old. Please pay attention to the last posting date before responding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards