Wedding Woes

FRIDAY!!!

What's up for the weekend?

It's the last day of Vacation Bible School.  THANK GOODNESS!  The zoo is coming in today so that should be kind of awesome.

Tomorrow we're going to the good farmer's market and then a Crew game.  There will be fireworks at the game so it should be fun.  Sunday will probably just be the pool.

Thank goodness I'm going into the office next week.  I just dropped shitton of cash on the UNIFORMS for 6let's soccer. 

Re: FRIDAY!!!

• My epic plans for the weekend include reading and studying. I can't wait to go home.  Two more weeks...

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• FI leaves for China on Thursday so we're hosting an All American BBQ tomorrow complete with dogs, brats, a build your own tater tot bar, corn on the Cobb and mini apple pies if I have time. 

Oh and we still need to clean and weed the abandoned flower boxes.  Why do I host parties?!
  • YAY Friday.  

Tonight:  We're doing dinner with my parents.  Belated Father's Day with my dad.

Tomorrow: I have to work and then I may be heading to A's mom's house for a party and stop in at my friend's house to (finally) give her the beer I picked up for her in GA (can't get it here).  

Sunday: We *might* be going to FIL's to have brunch with BIL/SIL/nieces.  

• I'm getting a haircut after work today and picking up our new produce box. Tomorrow we're seeing Willie Nelson and Kris Kristofferson so I'm SUPER excited about that.

We've also got to grocery shop, clean, weed, etc.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I'm getting a haircut after work today and picking up our new produce box. Tomorrow we're seeing Willie Nelson and Kris Kristofferson so I'm SUPER excited about that.

We've also got to grocery shop, clean, weed, etc.

Super jealous. We saw Willie last year with Allison Kraus and he was pretty good, the sound at the venue was terrible, but he was great. Kris Kristofferson is the one person I haven't seen live that I've wanted to see forever. 
  • FI leaves for China on Thursday so we're hosting an All American BBQ tomorrow complete with dogs, brats, a build your own tater tot bar, corn on the Cobb and mini apple pies if I have time. 

OMFG.  Genius.  I am stealing this idea and doing it at home.  For myself. 

@charlotte989875, that is beautful!  Where are they getting married?  (In general--not trying to skinsuit anyone.)

I just made out my to-do list for the weekend.  Lots of chores tonight, and prep for tomorrow's meet.  Tomorrow is Wooz's last meet of the season, and DH's birthday, and Wooz's swim banquet.  I also have to pick up DH's and Wooz's cakes.  I was going to make DH his favorite Oreo/ice cream thing, but it's been such a week that he and the kids ate half the Oreos while I was gone, and I've eaten most of a pint of the ice cream.  So I threw in the towel yesterday and ordered both of them Cold Stone cakes.  Sunday is Wooz's birthday party and hopefully not much else. 

I had a camp-related freak out this morning, because I scheduled Wooz at Kids-R-Kids camp only for the weeks that they're doing a theme park trip.  (That's really the only part of their camp she likes, and she is a coaster freak so it's a good way for her to get her fix without having to schlep the whole family there multiple times in 95 degrees/95% humidity.)  I started getting emails about completely different dates and was afraid I fucked up her whole camp schedule, but when I asked the director this morning, it turned out I was just on the wrong group's email list.  Everything's cool, and I'm happy again.
  • Also, one of Wooz's friends in the neighborhood can't make her party (because they'll be in Jekyll Island and I am so jealous!), so he dropped off her present last night.  This jacket is perfect for her!  She actually wore it to art camp today, even though it's supposed to be 97 here.  ("The studio is air conditioned" she told me, completely unconcerned.)

product photo
    LOVE. IT.  I texted his mom like three seconds after she opened it, and I took a video of Wooz signing "thank you" and sent it to her. 

• @Heffalump they're getting married at a resort outside of Lincoln, NH. It's gorgeous here. 
  • bleve0821bleve0821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2016
    Co-worker asked me how well I know Mr. No. I told him not well, but I never made an effort to get to know him, either. I left it at that, but I really hope this is headed in a "loose lips sink ships" direction, and I can't wait to hear if anything comes out of it. I'm a terrible person. Perfectly okay with that.

ETA @Heffalump I practically grew up at Jekyll Island. The place is gorgeous. Now I'm jealous, too.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I'm writing thank you notes for Pride and working on a costume for K this weekend.  Also, sleeping.  

I'm a huge extrovert, but this last month has pushed me passed my reserves.  Being around more than 3 people gets a bit hairy for me still.  I guess being around 3500 will do that to you.  :smile:  I canceled my appearance at a show and a meeting last night, canceled on some friends for tonight, and canceled everything this weekend.  I'm staying HOME and finishing #OITNB.
  • FSIL and her 2 girls are in town for a few days, so FI and I will be hanging out with them all weekend.

I swear buying this house is going to kill me or make me go bald. If the loan people don't figure their shit out soon, I'm going to lose it. They've got 21 days.

One of my supervisors is going on vacation for 2 weeks. It is going to be nice and quiet. But she is leaving at the most inopportune time, the current fiscal year ends 6/30 :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FSIL and her 2 girls are in town for a few days, so FI and I will be hanging out with them all weekend.

I swear buying this house is going to kill me or make me go bald. If the loan people don't figure their shit out soon, I'm going to lose it. They've got 21 days.

One of my supervisors is going on vacation for 2 weeks. It is going to be nice and quiet. But she is leaving at the most inopportune time, the current fiscal year ends 6/30 :(

I hear you. The loan people we worked with screwed everything up when we bought our house last year. From Day One. It was, hands down, the single most stressful thing I have ever done, and I honestly didn't think they'd ever get their shit together. Everything was wrong. I had to go over our entire application 5 times with a fine tooth comb and make edits to things like: my name; our rate; closing date; our rate; etc. It. Was. A. Nightmare. And they never, ever, got anything right. But. It did, eventually, work out.

And now we get to do it all over again this fall.  Yay.

--Philip Pullman

• We're heading out of town in about an hour to watch son play.  Today they're playing in a(n old) minor league stadium (it's currently a collegiate stadium) so it will be pretty cool.  Not looking forward to the 2 hour trip to get there.

Tomorrow I'll be prepping for Son's birthday party on Sunday.

• I have a dentist appointment today that I'm dreading. The rest of the weekend I plan to start my summer to-do list. I wish I didn't have one b/c I'm lazy, but I do look forward to getting some things taken care of around here that I've been wanting to do. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Today's been a day off with reality TV trying while trying to brush the cat with no success. Tonight we were supposed to be having friends over for dinner but they rain checked, secretly pleased, no bra day! 

Tomorrow is our anniversary so we're going to have an evening of steak and cocktails.

Sunday we're having FSIL and her boyfriend over for a roast dinner and too much wine! 
  • @Heffalump, your conversation with Wooz reminded me of this kid:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kristatorres/badassbea

--Philip Pullman

• @Heffalump I know right?  My best friend runs a catering company so I can't pretend my it's idea, but I do get to benefit from her genius!  Wooz really sounds like a sweet kid, and she sounds like you handled the conversation perfectly with her!  Maybe your mom will give in for the sparkly wig at home:).

@charlotte989875 that's beautiful (and I love your dress!)  He is going for 3 weeks, working for an exchange program with the freshman at the University of Science and Technology in Beijing.  Basically, they bring over American teachers so the students have to practice their English.  Unfortunately, with the wedding, we couldn't financially justify a trip for me too.  I told him he just has to promise to go back one more summer so I can come out and visit.  I want to walk the Great Wall too!
  • We've got a TON of stuff going on - Going away party for a friend, grad party , comedy fundraiser (and to what if any we'll go is truly up in the air right now), then... 

I'm in the process of updating all business materials so I figured "Oh - this'd be a GREAT shoot site" (historical theater) and the photographer I interviewed and referenced loves that old style picture feel so even better - called the potential shoot site and I had two choices, next week or two months from now (really, I don't need the production guy there to let me in and turn the lights on, but if that's the way they do business, <shrug>)... Tuesday... I've got until Tuesday to get my sh** together, do all costuming, props, etc. to shoot in a historic theater near here, my stylist is such a sweetheart she is coming in early to do hair/makeup that morning... And do you think any stores around here carry NICE dress clothes for a size 24W (i.e. upper end business dress level) OH He** Nooooo they don't!  How hard is it to find a BLACK suit jacket?!?!?!? It does kill the ego though looking at so many smaller sized clothes that you LOVE the style of but they don't come in plus sizes at any price point because the only clothes they've got styled to fit in stores right now are reminiscent of muumuu's.  JCP is finally changing in this regard and getting some "classic" suit styles back (I couldn't even find a "little black dress" anywhere) but other stores are slow to follow.  But on a good note, the photographer prefers to go through the proofs right there on the spot before doing the retouching so that's a bonus...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards