Desserts:
  • assorted mini pies
  • mini cupcakes
  • assorted cake shooters
  • mini cinnamon rolls
  • mini chocolate long john donuts

Re: Menu Sound Okay??

• JaxInBlue said:
    I think you're off to a good start but I'd make a few revisions/additions.

I'd add fresh veggies/dip to cocktail hour. 

For dinner, I'd make sure at least some of the salad can be served undressed, and if there are anchovies in the Caesar salad, I would consider offering a garden salad instead.  Alternatively, I'd try to offer a hot vegetable other than corn.  With the potatoes and corn bread you're a little starch heavy.

For dessert, I would add a non-pastry option, such as fresh fruit.
    I agree with @JaxInBlue on all of the above.

Green beans, sugar snap peas, or asparagus would work nicely with what you're serving.
  • JaxInBlue said:
    I think you're off to a good start but I'd make a few revisions/additions.

I'd add fresh veggies/dip to cocktail hour. 

For dinner, I'd make sure at least some of the salad can be served undressed, and if there are anchovies in the Caesar salad, I would consider offering a garden salad instead.  Alternatively, I'd try to offer a hot vegetable other than corn.  With the potatoes and corn bread you're a little starch heavy.

For dessert, I would add a non-pastry option, such as fresh fruit.
    I agree with @JaxInBlue on all of the above.

Green beans, sugar snap peas, or asparagus would work nicely with what you're serving.
    I also think those are all great points.  Do you have any vegans?  Because they would be pretty much out of luck entirely with this menu.  If none of your guests are vegan then that's not a concern.

I just noticed that rolls aren't mentioned.  I would make sure bread products will be offered.
  • OP is serving jalapeño cornbread (yum), but it would be good to have plain cornbread too.
  • I like where it's going, especially with PP's suggestions, but I want to add: Can you have some of the deviled eggs without the BLT?  That way, vegetarians and other non-bacon eating people can enjoy two apps at cocktail hour instead of just the hummus.  

What is a "cake shooter"?  Is it a bite of cake with a shot of milk, or what?  I'm intrigued.
  • Loved everything thus far....but I'd check my guest list for vegans and food allergies. 
  • I agree with PPs about veggies and salads. Menu is kind of heavy as is.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

Veggies/dip would be good to add for cocktail hour, but otherwise menu looks good to me. Salad undressed would be nice and maybe a second dressing option besides ceasar (can still do ranch or vinaigrette with romaine)

• They do not offer green beans or veggies other than corn. They also bring rolls. The salad comes dressed on the buffet line, so I cannot change that. I only have 1 vegetarian (no vegans or anything else). I might add veggies to the cocktail hour, but it depends on extra cost, because I am on a budget.
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Ditto @spockforprez I'm not sure what kind of feedback you're expecting if there's little room for change.  The veggie platters would be a welcome addition.  I'd leave your wedding on the hungry side, there's not much variety, especially among the sides.  The desserts, however, look phenomenal. 
  • Cocktail Hour:
    • BLT Deviled Eggs
    • Smoked Shrimp Cocktail
    • Mini Crab Cake
    • Caprese Bruschetta
    Dinner:
    • Pulled Pork
    • Brisket
    • Smoked Turkey Breast
    Sides:
    • House Salad
    • Mac and Cheese
    • Garlic Green Beans
    • Mashed Potatoes with Gravy
    • Corn Bread and Buns
  • edited July 2016
    Sounds great! I like the addition of the green beans and the substitution of the house salad. I love a good Caesar salad, but I know not everyone does. I also like the mac and cheese.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards