Wedding Woes

Game of Thrones?

Re: Game of Thrones?

• Always.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Loved, loved, loved it.  The past two episodes were the best two ever in the whole series, I think.  And things are moving much more quickly now...  I don't want to give out any spoilers, since you never know who hasn't seen it yet... so I'll talk in code :)

I knew the wildfire was coming, but I didn't see Tommen coming...  that was a surprise to me.  Arya was fantastic- talk about coming full circle.  And Bran's warg- where it panned from the baby to Jon's face- was amazing.  Total chills.  The music in the last episode was amazing, too.  

10 months to go! 
  • Sorry for spoilers, but I feel like if you're looking in here, you've seen it, so meh. 

That music in the beginning was freaking me out b/c I just knew something was coming. Poor Tommen. It was like, "Let me just go put this down....and bloop." No dramatic pause. No thinking. 

I'm convinced Tyrion is the 3rd head of the dragon. 

And the throne is designed so nobody gets too comfortable, so don't get to comfortable, Cersei, b/c my girl is coming for you. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieCake said:
    Sorry for spoilers, but I feel like if you're looking in here, you've seen it, so meh. 

That music in the beginning was freaking me out b/c I just knew something was coming. Poor Tommen. It was like, "Let me just go put this down....and bloop." No dramatic pause. No thinking. 

I'm convinced Tyrion is the 3rd head of the dragon. 

And the throne is designed so nobody gets too comfortable, so don't get to comfortable, Cersei, b/c my girl is coming for you. 
    All of this.

I was barely paying attention when Tommen was at the window. In fact, I think H and I were talking about the previous scene, and all of a sudden, he's out the window. We had to rewind and watch again.

Yes, I think Tyrion is the 3rd dragon as well.

Didn't see that coming with Arya... As she pulled the face off, I thought maybe it was the faceless man. She got back to Westeros quick!

Anyone notice the easter egg in the Citadel scene? http://screencrush.com/game-of-thrones-citadel-library-opening-credits-easter-egg/

I did not notice it at all when I was watching, but it's pretty cool!

Now if only GRRM would finish Winds of Winter already, I'd have something to occupy the next 10 months...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think Jamie will end up killing Cersei. Arya is badass! I didn't want Margery to die. Knew Tommen would die because of the prophecy. Confirmed what we already knew about John. I think they write the female characters so well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Sherbie25 said:
    I think Jamie will end up killing Cersei. Arya is badass! I didn't want Margery to die. Knew Tommen would die because of the prophecy. Confirmed what we already knew about John. I think they write the female characters so well.
    I feel like I'm the only person who really didn't care that Margaery died... My only frustration is that we won't know whether she was really brainwashed, or if she had a bigger plan (and what that bigger plan was).

At first, when the Mountain came to Tommen's room, I thought we was going to kill him (and that Cersei had gone completely insane already by ordering it). It took me a minute to realize that he was there to protect him. I found it odd that Cersei was not more upset about Tommen's death, but maybe she just wasn't surprised given the prophecy. 

And either Jaime or Tyrion will kill Cersei, according to Maggie the Frog's prophecy. I could see it being either of them, but I hope it's Jaime.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• "And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I had forgotten about the prophecy that Tommen would die. I was really bummed that Margery died, too. And yeah, I wish I knew if she was faking that new allegiance.

And here's to hoping I'm a feisty broad like Grandma when I'm old. 
  • I loved it.  It was such a jam-packed season that I want to watch it again.  I think there were pacing issues this season, but not as bad as season 5.  Last season was so damn bleak and horrifying that this season was a breath of fresh air, even though there were more deaths than ever. 

I am sad that it's coming up on the end, but I am excited to see how it finishes. 
  • Sherbie25 said:
    I think Jamie will end up killing Cersei. Arya is badass! I didn't want Margery to die. Knew Tommen would die because of the prophecy. Confirmed what we already knew about John. I think they write the female characters so well.
    I feel like I'm the only person who really didn't care that Margaery died... My only frustration is that we won't know whether she was really brainwashed, or if she had a bigger plan (and what that bigger plan was).

At first, when the Mountain came to Tommen's room, I thought we was going to kill him (and that Cersei had gone completely insane already by ordering it). It took me a minute to realize that he was there to protect him. I found it odd that Cersei was not more upset about Tommen's death, but maybe she just wasn't surprised given the prophecy. 

And either Jaime or Tyrion will kill Cersei, according to Maggie the Frog's prophecy. I could see it being either of them, but I hope it's Jaime.
    The Mountain wasn't there to "protect him" so much as he was to prevent him from going to the sept. I think Cersei knew that Tommen would kill himself when he saw the sept burn - which is why she didn't keep anyone in the room with him beyond the initial blast. I think she wanted to punish him for siding with the church rather than her, and didn't directly want his blood on her hands.

I think Jaime will kill Cersei - regardless of the two if them being all "i would burn the world to the ground for you" - he'll see her as he saw the Mad King, and finish her off. 

• *Barbie* said:
    Sherbie25 said:

The Mountain wasn't there to "protect him" so much as he was to prevent him from going to the sept. I think Cersei knew that Tommen would kill himself when he saw the sept burn - which is why she didn't keep anyone in the room with him beyond the initial blast. I think she wanted to punish him for siding with the church rather than her, and didn't directly want his blood on her hands.

I think Jaime will kill Cersei - regardless of the two if them being all "i would burn the world to the ground for you" - he'll see her as he saw the Mad King, and finish her off. 

I had not thought of that... 

I didn't really mean protect him, per se, but prevent him from going to the sept. It did not seem like she thought through what would happen after (i.e. him killing himself). But considering her lack of emotion upon his death, maybe she did suspect he would kill himself. Maybe she was resigned to it, knowing that the prophecy would come true at some point, and why not now? If that's the case, she really is the Mad Queen.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sherbie25 said:

At first, when the Mountain came to Tommen's room, I thought we was going to kill him (and that Cersei had gone completely insane already by ordering it). It took me a minute to realize that he was there to protect him. I found it odd that Cersei was not more upset about Tommen's death, but maybe she j ust wasn't surprised given the prophecy. 

We knew she wasn't brainwashed because she slipped her grandmother a piece of paper with a rose (their house sigil) on it and told her to go back to highgarden x
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Sherbie25 said:
    Sherbie25 said:

At first, when the Mountain came to Tommen's room, I thought we was going to kill him (and that Cersei had gone completely insane already by ordering it). It took me a minute to realize that he was there to protect him. I found it odd that Cersei was not more upset about Tommen's death, but maybe she j ust wasn't surprised given the prophecy. 

We knew she wasn't brainwashed because she slipped her grandmother a piece of paper with a rose (their house sigil) on it and told her to go back to highgarden x
    But for the writers to do all of that, and then just kill her off, is stupid. What if she really did believe in the Faith, but just wanted to keep her grandma safe, so she just drew the rose to get grandma to leave? Maybe "brainwashed" is too strong of a word, but that whole plot line turned into a huge dead end. - why go through all of that just to kill her off, without telling the audience what her plan was (if there even WAS a plan)?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sherbie25 said:
    Sherbie25 said:

But for the writers to do all of that, and then just kill her off, is stupid. What if she really did believe in the Faith, but just wanted to keep her grandma safe, so she just drew the rose to get grandma to leave? Maybe "brainwashed" is too strong of a word, but that whole plot line turned into a huge dead end. - why go through all of that just to kill her off, without telling the audience what her plan was (if there even WAS a plan)?
    I've read a few interviews with the actress who played her and from what I gathered, Margery was not brainwashed, but she placed her trust in the High Sparrow to help her take out Cersei. Unfortunately she realized too late that Cersei had the upper hand.
  • YESSS!!

I *finally* got to watch the finale last night.  My partner was on a business trip all last week, and it's our favorite show so I wouldn't dream of watching it without him.  Then as soon as he got home we turned around and went out of town for the long weekend. Got home in the wee hours of the morning on Tuesday, went to work, hung out with a friend, and finally caught up just in time to fall into bed afterwords.  

It was SO GOOD!  With that great big score playing from the start it was clear that this was going to be a powerhouse of an episode.  I was really sad about Margaery...I saw her as a truly good person and good leader; cunning and political but with a real heart.  I am also convinced that she was faking the pious-little-follower act, and I think giving her grandmother the drawing of the rose was proof she was still in there.  Tommen was a complete surprise, and I loved what they did with his last scene.  No grand exit, no speechifying, no nothing, just...done.  I think in another set of circumstances he and Margaery could have been wonderful rulers.

Other thoughts: yay girl power!  So many strong women doing their thing right now!  Sansa moving beyond her role as a victin/pawn, Arya baller as always, little Lady Mormont speaking on behalf of Jon, the female rulers of Dorne and Highgarden joining Dany and Yara (who was confirmed queer this season--woo!), 
    Cersei on the Iron Throne...so much strong lady story line action!

Also: the library at the citidel!  Jon officially King of the North!  The revelation about Jon's true parentage!  Such an awesome episode! 

• if she survives the series, Lyanna Mormont needs a spinoff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards