Favors

Bulk Items for Welcome Bags

Hello ladies!

My FI and I are opting for Welcome Bags instead of favors, and I am trying to think of fun stuff we will want to put in there, aside from some of the easy things like water, advil, tissue and the like. 

I have been trying to figure out if there is an easy way to buy certain things in bulk like - mini liquor bottles, or some fun foodie like stuff, but haven't been able to find much. Did any of you do this, and do you have any suggestions on where I could look to find some fun stuff?

Happy Planning all!

Re: Bulk Items for Welcome Bags

• Hello ladies!

My FI and I are opting for Welcome Bags instead of favors, and I am trying to think of fun stuff we will want to put in there, aside from some of the easy things like water, advil, tissue and the like. 

I have been trying to figure out if there is an easy way to buy certain things in bulk like - mini liquor bottles, or some fun foodie like stuff, but haven't been able to find much. Did any of you do this, and do you have any suggestions on where I could look to find some fun stuff?

Happy Planning all!
    Check a food service or party supply store, or possibly an imports store. That's my first inclination.
  • kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I don't know about alcohol, but with snack/food things you can go to a warehouse store like BJs or Costco or Sams Club if you have one near bottle. Is there a liquor store you go to?  You could always ask them about getting you little bottles at a lesser price.  Worst case, they say no.
  • DD included bottled water, packs of gum, granola bars and hershey's kisses. All were bought at Sam's Club. 
  • We did a combo of warehouse, online and looking for sales at normal stores.  For example, there was a great sale on water at the local supermarket. So we got it there instead of the warehouse store.

We didn't have liquor though.   I would contact your local liquor store to see if you can get a discount for buying in balk.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    DD put things in her welcome bags that represented she and her FI as a couple.  DD was "known" for Tootsie Pops, gum, pita chips, and puppy chow.  FI was "known" for trail mix, mints, coffee, and Dots candy. They managed to get many of those items in bulk from Costco. 

They did consider liquor, but it started to become cost prohibitive.
  • Skip the alcohol in the bags - liability risk!

Remember - nothing succeeds like the simple done well.  Think "if I needed a light snack what would I want" - a Hershey Bar, gum, tic tacs, would be more than enough... 

• Thanks so much ladies! This has been very helpful, after reading some of the comments I think you ladies are right in that liquor may be a liability / cost prohibitive thing. I appreciate all the great suggestions, I think I have a much better starting point now :)
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Thanks so much ladies! This has been very helpful, after reading some of the comments I think you ladies are right in that liquor may be a liability / cost prohibitive thing. I appreciate all the great suggestions, I think I have a much better starting point now :)
    DD did have a frozen margarita machine at her reception as a signature drink.  Her FMIL did think it would be cute to add powdered margarita drink mixes to the Welcome Bags to "tease" the beverage.  I just have no idea how many, if any guests, actually made use of the packets.  The idea was cute, though (and not my expense).

http://www.weddingfavorsunlimited.com/Wedding_Favor_Drink_Mixes.html

• We are not going to be putting liquor in our welcome bags. FI and I decide to have passed hor devours, water, champagne, and white wine before the ceremony.

As far as the bags we plan to include the following: Oops kits-Shout wipes, Tylenol, bandaids, wet wipes, bobby pins, safety pins,  and hair ties. In the boxes we are putting water, a welcome letter, something crunchy/salty (local snack), candy and peanut butter Buckeyes. 

We also found that Sams Club had Tylenol in bulk:
    http://www.samsclub.com/sams/tylenol-extra-strength-caplets-50-2-pks/131143.ip
  • We are not going to be putting liquor in our welcome bags. FI and I decide to have passed hor devours, water, champagne, and white wine before the ceremony.

As far as the bags we plan to include the following: Oops kits-Shout wipes, Tylenol, bandaids, wet wipes, bobby pins, safety pins,  and hair ties. In the boxes we are putting water, a welcome letter, something crunchy/salty (local snack), candy and peanut butter Buckeyes. 

I like your welcome bags, @NBSquared2017!

I like your welcome bags, @NBSquared2017!

Stuck in a box----

@OurWildKingdom, thank you!! We have recieved some great ones in the past, so we brainstormed and came up with what we thought our guests would want. I love a good welcome bag! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards