Not Engaged Yet

It's not Tuesday

Good morning! Definitely having a hard time remembering that today is Wednesday which isn't a bad thing! 

Last night, I got home from work, took a nice long shower, threw on some LLRs, and watched a couple episodes of GOT with H. We had leftover pasta salad for dinner and it was glorious. 

Tonight I have to catch up on PLL and BB before the new episode of BB comes on at 8. I have steaks marinating for dinner and I'll probably eat more pasta salad, let's be real, I can't get enough of it. 

That's all I got today! 

Re: It's not Tuesday

• @PamBeesly524 - Hmm what don't you like about it? I always make it the same as/similar to @GoldenPenguin now. This time I did rotini, pepperoni, cheddar cheese, broccoli, cukes, red onion, tomatoes, and Ranch dressing.

I feel you on the heat! H and I caved and put in the window AC units in the bedroom and the living room. The kitchen is always SO hot so that'll be the end of cooking inside now, I'm sure. 

• @southernpeach89 - The Rock 'n' Roll Half?!  I've thought about doing it too (especially because Old Crow Medicine Show is headlining it this year...), but I decided to run a different race back in Oklahoma with a bunch of friends.  We're going to run a marathon relay as a team.  Our team name is "Misfits Managed" and we're going to rock the Harry Potter theme.  :-) But maybe I'll do the half next year.
  • @futuremrshistorian Yep that's it! A lot of my friends run it every year and they go and get hotel rooms and stay a couple nights so they all party after the race! It sounds like a blast but physically I'm not ready. I ran my first 15k in January and I couldn't run the whole thing so maybe after I run a few more of those I can do it.
  • @Swazzle whoo pasta salad!! That recipe sounds delish :)

@futuremrshistorian whoo 3 weeks :smiley:

@southernpeach89  i like the brightness :) how did you learn to make these wreaths?

what is up with TK 'at' notifications? It kept trying to change to other names ....

Not much last night. Our apt is getting too hot, so I wasn't big on eating. I cut up some tomatoes, mozzarella and cucumber before caving and making sour cream and chive sidekicks for dinner. Least amount of heat added into the kitchen.

Tonight is likely more of the same. Not a whole lot. I'm making a stir fry for dinner and I'm going to get Matt to grab some stuff out of the locker also.

Side note:
    With Juno making it to Jupiter, have you heard this is basically a 400yr old joke?

For those who don't know, Juno was the wife of Jupiter but he cheated on her. As a distraction, he would put up clouds so she couldn't see anything.

The Juno probe is meant to go under Jupiter's clouds to see it's secrets! Lol Also some of Jupiter's moons were named after the apparent mistresses ;)

#nerdjokes
  • @Swazzle I oddly don't like condiments... at all. ever. so I don't do salad dressings or *shudder* mayonnaise which pretty much leaves pasta/chicken/egg/whatever salad out for me. It sucks, I want to like those things but I just don't.

@southernpeach89 you could totally do a half! I have a great training plan if you want it. It's a beginner plan and really easy if you give yourself 12 weeks to do it all. TBH I'm not a huge fan of the wreath.. I get what it's supposed to be but something isn't working- I liked your 4th one better!
  • @southernpeach89 - Yeah...I swore after my first half that I would never run another one.  I didn't run for 9 months after I finished it.  But now that I'm back in training I'm like..."Oh, yeah, I could so do a half.  That would be awesome."  So we'll see.  My segment of the marathon relay is only 5 miles, so realistically a half is probably at least a year away.
  • @MissKittyDanger I watch Youtube videos a lot of wreaths that I don't know how to make but originally I had a friend teach me a basic burlap wreath and I've taught myself on others.

@PamBeesly524 Yes I would love to see the plan. You're right....I think it's the material I used. I should have used burlap and something that isn't mesh fabric. I liked my 4th one too after I filled it in more but with this one I think it would like a lot better if I changed the fabric.
  • @southernpeach89  oh I didn't even think of youtube! :)
  • @PamBeesly524 - OH NOOOOOO! My life would be incomplete without condiments. I'm sorry :disappointed:

• @Swazzle it really does suck! If I could love condiments I totally would.

@southernpeach89 and anyone else looking to try a half marathon - http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51131/Half-Marathon-Novice-1-Training-Program

This guy has a ton of programs for half and full marathons. I love his approach and I've had a ton of success with it.. It's easy to stick to and I've always been able to finish the race! Let me know if you have any questions.
  • edited July 2016
    @minskat30 Yep, the original picture uses a completely different material but I used this youtube video to make mine. Both are different:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1wLsvmWNkE

It's obvious that she used burlap here on Pinterest. I used deco mesh which was what was used in the youtube video:

ETA: Maybe it's the center? Should I change that?
  • @southernpeach89 yeah...maybe make the center pop out more? I think that's what looks a little off
  • @eilis1228 yeah for spin classes!! I can't wait to get back to spin. Going to ease into though....stitches in your whoo haa and spin aren't a fun combo. ;)
  • @minskat30 I hope you enjoy the gym. Yay for date night! My plans consist of a baby shower on Saturday and hibachi on Sunday! 

@eilis1228 I saw that pic on FB and was wondering if that was the toy I got her! I'm glad she still loves it, even without a head!

friends tv show funy
  • @minskat30 I miss spin so much. I can't wait to start going again, though it looks like it will be Saturday mornings only based on the schedules I've seen. Oh lord, stitches in your whoo-ha plus spin sounds like a nightmare. Eesh! Totally understand wanting to ease back into that lol.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @minskat30 I might fix it tonight. Thanks!
  • @minskat30 a 3 mile walk with Ani is a huge accomplishment! Congrats to both of you. Also stitches in your vajay and spin sounds like a terrible, horrible, no good very bad mix!

• @minskat30 Dying. Omg. Ani's poop face is the best one yet.

@LizzyTish88 Those squeakers keep her so entertained. A lot of times we'll start out playing with a different toy, and then she'll disappear for a few minutes and come back with that koala toy. She loves it!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @minskat30 LOL. I remember Callie's face would turn red and you would hear her grunt and then you would know...it's poop. LOL
  • @alpacina - she's a very serious girl with very serious problems. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards