Not Engaged Yet

It's not Tuesday

2»

Re: It's not Tuesday

• @500days Oooooh Kate Spade! AW everything! I feel like she's our resident spirit animal.

@AlPacina MORTARS ARE LEGAL?! Holy crap! That's really intense. Also, that sucks about getting pulled over, but the cop sounds pretty chill. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @500days  cute purse! It looks identical to mine, but I got the b&w stripped one ;) Love their wallets!
  • @500days LOVE! Those are amazing finds! 

• @labro - I also read that book in a day, and have been passing it around to my friends ever since. I hope they do a good job with the movie! I think it might be hard to represent the changes in time.

• @500days That bag is bae. Is that a thing the kids say? I have no idea. I just like the bag. 

• @wink0erin - 5 miles?!? That's so close! I'm so glad to hear you were able to stay safe. Also, COSTA RICA!! WOOOO!!!!

• @500days - I am making sappy "I love you" faces at your new purse, just FYI.  @eilis1228 is right...Kate Spade is my spirit animal, at least!
  • @labro I read it last year and loved it! Very interested to see the movie too.

@wink0erin What a cool weekend! I love how spontaneous and laid back it was, yet it ended up being really great all around. You bonded with your neighbors, outran a storm, happened upon a huge sale... you should play the lottery. lol

• @labro @AlPacina - I read it last year and gave it 5 stars! I cannot WAIT for the movie to come out. Did you see the trailer for it yet? 

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @500days LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!

@eilis1228 @AlPacina I feel so behind the times!!! I do think it will be interesting how they handle the "voice" changes and the time jumping around a bit, and especially towards the end when it's going between people so quickly...but I think it will still be worth seeing.

• labrolabro member
    @Swazzle I haven't seen it yet but now I am going to google it!! When I went to bed last night I Just didn't know how to feel and I couldn't get the story out of my mind!

• @labro The fireworks were small, no mortars, just bottle rockets and a couple small roman candles. The dog wasn't outside until after the bottle rockets were done and he was on a leash. For clarification the person setting the fireworks off wasn't one of the hammered ones, but everyone else was hammered. The dog was super chill. Just would watch a firecracker as it was thrown and then bark after it blew up. My parents dog would have pooped everywhere. 

@eilis1228 Plans are fun but spontaneity is my favorite!

@AlPacina I was totally sitting by a window thinking to myself "dang it's raining hard" and "the sky looks kind of weird" and then a bunch of peoples phones started going off with alerts and BF texted me saying a tornado was reported. Instead of getting away from the window I was peering out half hoping I'd see it in the distance. I'm weird. 

• labrolabro member
    @wink0erin That certainly sounds a lot better than you originally typed it all out. Alcohol and fireworks are NOT friends. My dog is pretty chill about fireworks too but I still absolutely keep her inside and don't bring her with me even to mini shows like that. It's just not fair to her if a firecracker explodes in her face or something.

• Well crap. Fireworks are banned in my city starting 2017.

That's a lot of local revenue lost, for sure. Not to mention fun.

Luckily I'm only about 2 short blocks from the city limits. But it won't be the same. :(

• @AlPacina I have a feeling several city/town ordinances near me will ban fireworks soon. Our state just made it legal to purchase and set off more powerful fireworks this year, and as a result this was the loudest Independence Day weekend ever. Lots of complaints reported over the weekend. My area was quiet after 10:30 pm each day but some of my friends in more congested areas complained about fireworks being shot off until the wee hours of the morning. 

@labro Someone at work showed me this video yesterday. 
    My coworker was laughing but I was pretty horrified that someone would let their dogs roam free while that shit is going on. 

Sidenote, this reminded me that one of my amputee friends posted something this weekend saying "I know amputees are an awesome group but be careful this weekend, don't become one of us." 

• Swazzle said:
    UO: I don't like fireworks/firecrackers that people set off around the neighborhood. They send my animals into such a state that even if I *did* like them, it wouldn't be worth it to see them so upset. The last week or so has not been a pleasant one for the Swazzle Babies :cry:

It's not unpopular. I get it. It's just one of those things that made this city unique. I feel REALLY bad for anyone with service-related PTSD because Monday night sounded exactly like what I think a war zone would sound like. Bombs/explosions everywhere. And the poor pets. My dog still wouldn't eat yesterday.

*Sigh* It's probably for the best. It was just nice not having to fight crowds to get to see a fireworks show.

• I love fireworks, mostly because I have a lot of fond childhood memories of them. I go to the big fireworks shows and I love seeing neighborhood ones. My love for watching fireworks is intense. I'm afraid to set them off myself though. Sparklers are about all I can handle. 

However, people should be respectful to their neighbors, be safe, and I feel bad for anyone with PTSD, scared critters, or small children they're trying to get to sleep.

• wink0erin said:
     I'm afraid to set them off myself though. Sparklers are about all I can handle. 

@wink0erin - Haha, same! Except I've burned the shit out of my fingers with sparklers so many times. I will do roman candles, and that's about it.

• Swazzle said:
    UO: I don't like fireworks/firecrackers that people set off around the neighborhood. They send my animals into such a state that even if I *did* like them, it wouldn't be worth it to see them so upset. The last week or so has not been a pleasant one for the Swazzle Babies :cry:

I agree with this so much. This is the first time we've had Bruschi, so we had no idea what his reaction would be. He didn't like it. Violet has never really been bothered by anything, and this year she was ON one of us every night because of the fireworks going off everywhere. And if one of us got up and left the room, she was right next to us the entire time. Plus it's been so hot, and she just pants and pants and pants, and it makes me really worried for my old girl. :(

*******************************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards