Not Engaged Yet

Friday Eve

We're almost there! 

Last night H decided he didn't want pasta salad again (we had it for dinner on Tuesday and he had it for lunch yesterday so FINE, I guess) so we went out for sushi a night early. Delicious, as always! I watched BB and tried to go to bed early but I woke up from H's coughing and then had a hard time falling back asleep. Getting up this morning was a little rough. 

Tonight I have to pack! I'm spending the weekend with some of my bestest frands and I can't wait! 

Re: Friday Eve

• @southernpeach89 tomato bacon pasta? YUM

@LizzyTish88 I vote beach!!!
  • @southernpeach89 I saw your wreath yesterday. I had pinned that one to try too. Can't wait to see the middle after you tweak it! Sorry you weren't feeling well last night.

@PamBeesly524 Poor LC just wants to explore the world! (I can't type LC without thinking Laguna..) Have so much fun in Portland!
    friends tv show funy
  • @Swazzle - Yay fun weekend!  I hope you have a blast!

@LizzyTish88 - My vote is beach too...early in the day, before it's too crowded. That's my favorite time!

@PamBeesly524 - What are these tai-level brownies of which you speak?!

Morning, everybody!  Not much going on here--just more work at the office. Last night was X-Files and dinner.  Tonight will be yoga and no X-Files because I have a ton of stuff I need to get done, and tomorrow is my long run morning so I need to make sure I get to bed on time.

Boring boring.
  • @LizzyTish88 When I called the vet for the first time to make an appointment I told them her name was LC because it's easier to explain than Crindy - The receptionist was like "OooOo like the TV star!" hahaha I was like, sure, ok.

@swazzle omg sounds so fun! girl's weekends are the absolute best.

@futuremrshistorian It's an recipe I have on an old school card, not sure if it lives on the interwebs or not, but essentially the bottom is butter, brown sugar and oats (bake that first), then you add a chocolate brownie mixture on top (bake), and then once it's cooled you add a fudge frosting. What's not to love about that?!

• @LizzyTish88 I always think of the best questions in the shower...I need like a shower notepad or something to write them down.

@PamBeesly524 Tri level brownies sound DELISH!!!!

@jenna8984 One of my ultrasound techs predicted Callie's weight on the dot for what she would weigh when she was born. I've heard though too it's inaccurate but then again who knows...

• @beachyone15 - I've gotten called twice. One time I had to call them the night before and was told I wasn't needed and the second time, I had to go there and then got dismissed that afternoon. I've always REALLY wanted to serve on a jury but the sitting around all day for nothing kind of sucked. I was originally a criminal justice major in college and did mock trials in high school for my law classes so I am definitely biased! 

• @beachyone15 I've been summoned twice in MA but they both got cancelled. I don't know of very many people who have been summoned multiple times and actually had to go each time.
  • @beachyone15 That does sound like a lot to me. I've only been summoned once since being out of college which has been 4 years now. I was summoned a couple times in college but since I was a student I was exempted.

• @TwoDimes OMG I'm laughing so hard at Indy wanting to go outside to play with her friend "the deer". That's hilarious!!!!
  • @swazzle - I didn't know that! My BFF is in the legal field so of course she loves to go.

@TwoDimes - That's annoying. Maybe when you let Indy out in the evenings the deer will start coming then instead of 6 am!

I haven't heard of being summoned and then not being needed. Unfortunately I've sat there all day both times so I'm assuming this time will be the same. But I guess I can at least catch up on some reading!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @untouchablets wow! The new position sounds so great for you.. congratulations!
  • @untouchablets Congratulations on your new job!
  • @beachyone15 I've received jury summons twice.  Once when I was living out of state, and the other two years ago.  My background is legal, so I love it.  The case I got to sit on was an armed robbery. If you're selected more  than once every six months, I think that's an issue.  If you serve on a jury they cannot select you for at least a year. At least that is how it is in PA.
  • @alpacina its an even better perk now because my only job is to hang with dogs all day.. not stocking stuff or telling customers we don't have any coupons in my spare time! Woo!
  • @AlPacina - Ahh, Portland, ME. Reading fail on my part.

We are getting a city pass while in Dallas, going to my first MLB game with some friends, and going here: http://tx.spacastleusa.com/. My H found a groupon for it, and I told him he couldn't dangle a spa resort in front of me and expect me to say no (especially when it's a good deal)!
    I haven't heard of that musical but I'll have to check it out!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @beachyone15 - Ohhhhh yeaaaaa. Every single one of those activities sounds great! I used to love going to MLB games with my parents. BF doesn't like baseball so I haven't been in a few years, though. I'd have to go to a Yankees game to be able to recognize anyone anyway, since they took all my favorite Seattle players.

• @untouchablets feel free to ask me if you ever have accounting questions. congrats on the job, that's amazing!

@beachyone15 mums the word on jury duty because I don't want to jinx myself haha. Been feeling ok/as good as I can. My back and swollen feet are definitely unpleasant and I'm sleeping on my chaise lounge now instead of bed. But trying to keep in good spirits for as long as possible lol

@twodimes that is adorable that he wants to play with the deer. I wonder what he would do if there were no fence between them

@labro that stinks you didn't want dinner last night. It makes me sick not only that these things happen but that the video has to be all over the internet forever. my H was like what if he has children? They will/can see the video of their dad being shot and dying?! That's just not right. And there are videos of like the taliban cutting people's heads off and whatever....I have never seen any and I never will watch something like that. H & I agree as convenient as the internet is we'd give anything to go back and live in a time without it.

@alpacina that show sounds great! And YES to soft boiled eggs

@500days that's such a cute idea to buy him a new shirt!

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @jenna8984 To some extent...I think some people need to SEE the evil. But yeah, I agree it also bothers me too for similar reasons. CNN just kept playing the video from St. Paul over and over and over this morning and it was so graphic. On one hand, I feel like people become hardened to the horror if they see it all the time, but on the other hand, I don't want to whitewash it either.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards