Attire & Accessories Forum

What color should my groomsmen wear?

We're getting married on NYE this year in Ruidoso, NM. The attire is formal and our wedding colors are hunter green and gold (gotta have the glitz for NYE). My BM are wearing hunter green dresses and my MOH is wearing gold sequins. 

What color suits should my groomsmen wear? We're going back and forth between dark grey and/or a tweed grey and black. I'm so over black suits, but I'm thinking black will be the best option. HELP! 

Best Answer

Answers

• We're getting married on NYE this year in Ruidoso, NM. The attire is formal and our wedding colors are hunter green and gold (gotta have the glitz for NYE). My BM are wearing hunter green dresses and my MOH is wearing gold sequins. 

What color suits should my groomsmen wear? We're going back and forth between dark grey and/or a tweed grey and black. I'm so over black suits, but I'm thinking black will be the best option. HELP! 
    If it's that formal (are you having a black tie event?) then I'd go with black tuxes. 

What does your FI want to wear? 
  • Dark grey or black will both go really well with dark green and gold. Black is everywhere but I see grey just as much these days! If you're going for that glitzy look black is going to look slightly more elegant and grey more trendy.
  • My fiance isn't sure what he wants to wear either. I'm leaning towards grey/grey tweed because our ceremony is outside (I know, we're crazy) and it will compliment the "winter feel". But black will definitely be more elegant. I would like to say "surprise me" but we all know how badly that could turn out. 

Thanks for your help!
  • Black tie = black tuxedo if you're being traditional. If you don't care about tradition then you can do another color. You say formal, though, and a tweed suit isn't really all that formal.
  • My fiance isn't sure what he wants to wear either. I'm leaning towards grey/grey tweed because our ceremony is outside (I know, we're crazy) and it will compliment the "winter feel". But black will definitely be more elegant. I would like to say "surprise me" but we all know how badly that could turn out. 

Thanks for your help!
    Where are you that you are getting married outside on NYE? Somewhere warm, I hope.
  • edited July 2016
    My fiance isn't sure what he wants to wear either. I'm leaning towards grey/grey tweed because our ceremony is outside (I know, we're crazy) and it will compliment the "winter feel". But black will definitely be more elegant. I would like to say "surprise me" but we all know how badly that could turn out. 

Thanks for your help!
    Where are you that you are getting married outside on NYE? Somewhere warm, I hope.
    OP said she was getting married in New Mexico.

I like grey or brown tweed if it's not too hot (either would look fantastic with hunter green and gold), and black tie looks great with everything.

Thanks for your help!

I like grey or brown tweed if it's not too hot (either would look fantastic with hunter green and gold), and black tie looks great with everything.
    Thanks @OurWildKingdom. I just didn't go back and reread every post.

Thanks for your help!

I was curious too. You definitely can't have an outdoor wedding on NYE here in Ohio! As long as OP isn't in the mountains, she should be OK.

Thanks for your help!

I was curious too. You definitely can't have an outdoor wedding on NYE here in Ohio! As long as OP isn't in the mountains, she should be OK.
    The average high in Ruidoso in January is 48.8, the average low is 22. Definitely too cold for an outdoor wedding. 

Thanks for your help!

The average high in Ruidoso in January is 48.8, the average low is 22. Definitely too cold for an outdoor wedding. 
    Oh. I had no idea and should have looked it up before offering my opinion. Thanks @DrillSergeantCat!

Thanks for your help!

OMG! That is way too cold for an outdoor wedding. OP, I hope you have a back up plan.
  • OP - I'm curious how you're going to keep everyone warm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards