Not Engaged Yet

FRIIIIIIDAYYYYYY!

WOO HOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Last night I went to Old Navy and actually got a couple cute things including white pants which I've been wanting for ages! I'm wearing a new top today and will get a pic when I go to the bathroom. H grilled steak for dinner and then I packed and watched Big Brother. 

I drove to work today with the top down which was glorious and I wish I could start everyday like that! I'm leaving around 12:30 and heading to @buddysmom80 's house! 

Tomorrow, @buddysmom80 @GoldenPenguin @csousa1 LS and I are going to brunch in the morning and @Hummingbird125 will be arriving when we get back and I'm demanding the weather cooperate so we can have a pool day! We'll be eating all the things! 

Sunday I'm planning to head home early so I can get stuff done around the house, go food shopping, and meal prep for the week and then Big Brother is on :smile:

Re: FRIIIIIIDAYYYYYY!

• @PamBeesly524 - Good luck on your race and have so much fun in Portland! H and I stopped there on our New England roadtrip a couple summers ago and we ate at Duckfat and it was freaking incredible. 

• @LizzyTish88 - Yay for leaving early and going shopping! What are you shopping for?

• @southernpeach89 - Oops, I missed your post! The mozz bites look incredible! Your whole weekend sounds like such a blast, I can't wait to see pics of Callie from tonight! 

• @LizzyTish88 Enjoy the cake, baby shower, hibachi, shopping, etc... LOL It sounds like you're going to have an awesome weekend!
  • @southernpeach89 That Mexican place sounds fun! Wish they had stuff like that around here.

@Swazzle I want to look for some sun dresses! I also have a GC to American Eagle so I want to head there. My beach plans were ruined by rain!
    friends tv show funy
  • @southernpeach89 wow those mozz bites sound so good!
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @PamBeesly524 I don't think I was trying to comment on other people's gifs. I think @Swazzle told me she didn't even know about the shooting until just a little while ago. But I couldn't come in here and just go into regular chat/Friday excitement either. :)

• Everyone has such fun weekend planned!

@swazzle have a blast and say hi to everyone for us!

@pambeesly524 I haven't been to Portland but here how fun it is, hope the weather cooperated for your race

@lizzytish88 mmm hibachi!

@labro It is so, so sad. On the radio they were saying "when a teacher molests a child, not all teachers get a bad reputation, so why do all cops seem to get hate taken out against them for the actions of another?" People have really gone too far with the "all cops are bad" attitude. The ones in Dallas had nothing to do with Alton so why do their families have to suffer now?

I am so tired. Baby and braxton hicks kept me up most of the night. Tomorrow I'm getting a hair cut/trim, then my buddy is throwing a 100 person 4th of July party with pool, bbq, band, etc. I'm bringing my best friend along in hopes of "introducing" her to the host. They are both great people and I hope they hit it off! Sunday I think H & I are going to see Secret Life of Pets!

• @labro I hear you on everything. I haven't really been able to formulate how I'm feeling about the whole thing yet. It's just something I can't wrap my head around. Once I figure out how to come to terms I am sure I will feel similar. I just don't know when that will be.

As for my boss.. Yes he is quitting. He pulled my coworker and me into his office shortly after typing that to break the news. It's really hard to pretend to care that he is leaving... We are both over the moon excited. He just yesterday told us that at an old district he got in trouble for telling an emotion woman that she should take "happy pills" to stop crying.. without knowing that she was upset because her husband was arrested the night before on drug charges. He said that's how he "learned to be a boss." I told my coworker it's too bad he never learned not to be an asshole. His last day is Aug 1st, however he is packing up his office now and I wouldn't put it past him to not come in again at all.
    friends tv show funy
  • labrolabro member
    @500days Happy anniversary!! I vote you should start celebrating now. :) What did you get your H for an anniversary gift? I'm very jealous of your 70 degree "summer" weather. Our highs are back up in the mid-90s and I'm melting. I was watering the flowers at 8:30 this morning and already starting to sweat.

@LizzyTish88 I'm so glad for you he's leaving! I remember he made some pretty awful comments in the past...hopefully they hire someone who is a way better manager and understands what professionalism actually is.

• @500days Happy Anniversary!! You should just celebrate all weekend since it's your 1st!
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited July 2016
    @PamBeesly524 - I totally agree with everything you said re: the events not being mutually exclusive. My FB is very similar today. 

@jenna8984 - Aww that movie looks cute! Can't wait to hear how it is!

@500days - You ARE so funny :joy: Yay happy anniversary!!!!!

• labrolabro member
    @TwoDimes But I don't think it's social relevance only. Police lives absolutely matter and I don't think there's ever been a time where the death of a police officer wasn't ignored or mourned and most of the time the people who murder an officer are brought to justice. So in many people's minds there's no problem with the justice system there. The deaths are absolutely tragic and shouldn't have happened, but at the very least, at least our judicial system brought the offenders to justice in one way or another. With these most recent deaths in Baton Rouge and St. Paul and ones in the past, these weren't men who died in the performance of their job, and for many many previous deaths, their killers were never prosecuted or even brought before a judge in many cases and I think that's what got people up in arms the most. Basically that our judicial system is either not set up in the right way or that it does not service all people equally I suppose. I hope I am wording that right. I know your dad is a former police officer and you and I probably have very different perspectives on it.

I think using the words "Lives matter" is the wrong way to phrase it. I think people just want attention brought to the fact that our justice system doesn't treat all lives equally and there's a clear and obvious system of inequality that occurs within particular groups.

• I'm in such a fog today. As a Dallas resident, I feel like I'm in a bad dream. This is so surreal. I cannot believe such violence occurred in my city. I was up really late last night keeping track of all the updates, and @audrewuh and I were texting each other in complete shock. As far as I know, I don't directly know any of the shooters or victims, though all of their information is still being released. However, quite a few of my friends know people who were there or who were injured. 

My heart is broken today. There's so much hate in the world. 

I asked my mom this morning if this is what the 60s were like, and she said they were much scarier. How terrifying is that?!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • labrolabro member
    @TwoDimes I think that's the case for me too. But maybe that's more as a white suburban female? In general, dealing with the police (like at a traffic stop) is an annoyance but not anything more than that. But for so many others, even in an upper or middle class neighborhood, that experience may be 100% different.

@eilis1228 @audrewuh I'm so glad you are both ok. I can't even imagine what Dallas must feel like this morning.

• @500days - I think yours is the first wedding video I've watched that wasn't just a single POV. It's awesome! And great music! You looked so gorgeous.

• @labro @AlPacina Thanks for the thoughts. :)  I hate that we're a hashtag now. I know that tensions are high nationwide, but you always feel like your little bubble is safe. And like @AlPacina said, knowing so many people who live, work, shop, etc near those areas... it very easily could have been someone I know and love. My parents live and work downtown (they apparently slept through all the chaos last night), and I have many many friends who work downtown too. It's very surreal. Everyone in my office is having trouble focusing today. We're planning on grabbing lunch and some drinks in a little bit. 

I can't even look at Facebook right now. It's all so hateful and divided and argumentative. I'm so done with Facebook warriors. 

@TwoDimes Totally agreed on the fuzzy gifs! I need a fun distraction right now.

Sorry I'm such a Debbie Downer today!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards