Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Help with Ceremony setup with a stage!

Hi, I have come here for some help. I am having a hard time deciding whether or not to use the stage in the community hall I rented. I am wondering if it would be better to have the ceremony on the stage or in front. The stairs do not move and there isn't a curtain. My idea was to have the chairs facing the stage with the aisle down the middle as the main entrance to the building is where I am standing as I took the picture. Does anyone have pictures of their ceremony using a stage like this? Or any advice on what I should do? I have a minimal budget for decor so I am really unsure what to do. 

Re: Help with Ceremony setup with a stage!

• I think I would have the ceremony in front of the stage since there is no other way to get on the stage besides the stairs to the left. Maybe have flowers along the edge of the stage and an arch on the floor centerstage? 
  • I agree with the PP, my venue has a stage, but the stairs are in the middle of it. I think logistically it makes more sense to have it in front and maybe add decorations to the stage.
  • I agree with PPs.  Since your budget is minimal, maybe look into decorating the edge of the stage with something you already own--potted plants, for example, or string lights (like the ones you put on your Christmas tree).  You can find vases and flowers at the Dollar Tree, or look for fabric to drape in your wedding colors on clearance at places like Joann Fabric.  Where I live, we have a couple surplus & salvage stores, but I know there are more throughout the country (I think one is called Building 19 or something).  If you want an arch, which would look lovely, look into renting one or check a garden center, as they often put stuff on sale in late summer/early fall (an independent garden center may even let you rent one they have for sale--doesn't hurt to ask).  

• missfrodo said:
    I agree with PPs.  Since your budget is minimal, maybe look into decorating the edge of the stage with something you already own--potted plants, for example, or string lights (like the ones you put on your Christmas tree).  You can find vases and flowers at the Dollar Tree, or look for fabric to drape in your wedding colors on clearance at places like Joann Fabric.  Where I live, we have a couple surplus & salvage stores, but I know there are more throughout the country (I think one is called Building 19 or something).  If you want an arch, which would look lovely, look into renting one or check a garden center, as they often put stuff on sale in late summer/early fall (an independent garden center may even let you rent one they have for sale--doesn't hurt to ask).  

We have Tuesday Morning and T.J. Maxx Homegoods here. OP, both are definitely worth looking into.

Also, check Craigslist and wedding resale groups on Facebook for arches and other decor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards