Hashtag Help

Common Last Name

We really want to have a hashtag for our wedding since most of our family is connected to social media in some way (yes, even our grandparents!). Plus our venue does adorable chalkboard signage for it.

Our problem is that we will share our last name with a popular magazine, Forbes. My original plan was #forbes2017 and I searched it on insta and there are like 3 posts using it currently so it's not very popular but I checked #forbes2016 and theres a couple hundred posts using it which makes me think the 2017 version could get popular next year.

#forbeswedding is fairly common too because the last name isn't very unique but I don't want to include my last name because its hard to spell so it'll probably just be misspelled and I won't see the posts anyway!

Any suggestions? We liked forbes2017 because it was super simple and clear
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Common Last Name

• I agree that simple and clear is best. What about something like #ForbesForever or #FinallyForbes? What's your maiden name? #MaidennameForbes2017 #MaidennameForbesWedding  
  • katsandtattskatsandtatts member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2016
    @charlotte989875 I like the idea of #ForbesForever (alliteration is fun!). I mentioned in my OP that I don't want to use my last name because it's French and is hard to spell (silent letters and all that) so I think posts would get lost due to spelling

Edit: merrr, I just searched #forbesforever and someone else has used it :(
  • #ForeverForbes ? 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • @AddieCake See this is why I come on here, so simple: reverse the words! (I never would have thought of that) Unfortunately that is also taken :( I'm messing around with some generators online and found the suggestion of #myfirstandhisfirst2017 which hasn't been used as of yet (I have a unique first name so hopefully there's not a lot of my name and his name weddings next year!)
  • @AddieCake See this is why I come on here, so simple: reverse the words! (I never would have thought of that) Unfortunately that is also taken :( I'm messing around with some generators online and found the suggestion of #myfirstandhisfirst2017 which hasn't been used as of yet (I have a unique first name so hopefully there's not a lot of my name and his name weddings next year!)
    #ForeverForbes2017? What about adding the month and day of your wedding? 

Like #ForbesMay22 or #ForbesForeverFromMay17 (a little long) #ForbesForever2017 #ForbesForeverMay2017 
  • #TheForbesForever2017

#ForeverForbescityyouaregettingmarriedin2017

• I like #ForbesForever and #FinallyForbes that PPs have suggested.

I also like #ForbesFete #ForbesFete2017 #ForbesFun to continue with the alliterative theme.

Or #FromThisDayForbes.

That is really cute!
  • I like #ForbesForever and #FinallyForbes that PPs have suggested.

I also like #ForbesFete #ForbesFete2017 #ForbesFun to continue with the alliterative theme.

Or #FromThisDayForbes.

That is really cute!
    Ooh that's my favorite now. 
  • I really like #FromThisDayForbes

Also, #HappilyEverForbes, #ForbesatVenueName or some version with the state/province, etc.

• #FromThisDayForbes has my vote!

• #fromthisdayforbes is so simple and sweet! And I just checked on instagram and nothing came up for it so that could be a winner!
  • Ooo, I LOVE #fromthisdayforbes!  It's sweet and punny and easy to remember.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards