Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Song request on RSVP

We thought it would be nice to ask guests what their wedding dance song was and use those as the list for the DJ to choose from for the slow songs throughout the evening.  But I'm not sure how to go about doing that.  At first I thought we could do (2) different RSVP cards, one that requests the couples wedding song and another that requests the guests favorite song, but having separate cards didn't feel right to me.

Currently, I have one line on the RSVP card for everyone that says "we'd love to know your first dance or favorite song" but that doesn't sound right either.  Vistaprint has a 50% off sale (code: SAVEBIG) so I'd like to get these ordered while this coupon code is still good.  

Thanks for your help!

Re: Song request on RSVP

• Options
    It's a cute idea, but:

-You may be asking your guests to sit through too many slow songs. That could get really boring, both to watch and to dance to.
    -It could be painful for your guests who aren't married to be asked about this-especially if they were recently widowed or divorced.

If you really want guests to be allowed to request songs, I would just include a line on your RSVP card: "Song requests for reception" or something along those lines.

• Options
    This is a section on my wedding website. 
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:
    It's a cute idea, but:

-You may be asking your guests to sit through too many slow songs. That could get really boring, both to watch and to dance to.
    -It could be painful for your guests who aren't married to be asked about this-especially if they were recently widowed or divorced.

If you really want guests to be allowed to request songs, I would just include a line on your RSVP card: "Song requests for reception" or something along those lines.

Our intention wasn't to play all of the songs, we were going to give the list to the DJ as the list to choose from for slow songs.  There won't be any announcements or dedications or anything like that.

Our list is about 50% married 50% not, and while we don't have any new or pending divorces on the list, you make a good point and a lot can happen in 4 months.  I'll change it to a generic song line.  

When I've told people about the idea, they've volunteered their songs so the list has been started, maybe I can just keeping asking casually in conversation.

Thanks!
  • Options
    This is a section on my wedding website. 
    We have one too.  That's where I've been putting them as I go.  For some reason, I also remember like 3 peoples songs from their weddings.  
  • Options
    You could do Song Request: with blank spaces. My sister did that and she got tons of responses including a lot of people writing in and telling her their choice was the first dance song. 
  • Options
    This is what I just updated it to:

This is lovely.
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I like it. I was going to suggest sticking to one song request. The couple can always choose to list their own wedding song if they'd like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards