Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday

Morning! 

I was MIA yesterday from a mix of feeling like shit, dealing with work issues, and finishing the book I was reading (The Girls by Emma Cline -- 3* from me). 

I had such an amazing weekend with my girls and it was so nice to surprise and shower @buddysmom80 with baby gifts! I can't believe two of my bestest friends are going to have little humans of their own in a (little under and a little over a) month and I can't wait to meet my niece and nephew <3  

Like I said, I'm sick. I wasn't feeling great last Thursday, then was fine on Friday, then most likely drank way too much that night which I know didn't help, woke up feeling like death on Saturday from a combo of hangover and actual sickness, and just got worse and worse. Sunday I woke up at 7am and drove home just so I could skip traffic and be on my couch with H and the babies. 

I barely slept last night at all which sucks because H and I are going to see Hall & Oates (again) tonight. It's the one show I was able to get free tickets for from the Ticketmaster settlement. H is thrilled :lol:

Hopefully it's not a late night tonight and I can get a decent night's sleep and start feeling better! 

Re: Tuesday

• @southernpeach89 - YUM I want your dinner! Are they like little roll up wraps? 

• @Swazzle Yes, you spread the BLT mixture onto a tortilla and roll it up and cut it into slices. This is the recipe I have:

BLT Roll Ups-

BLT Roll Ups Ingredients
    4 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
    1/4 cup KRAFT Real Mayonnaise
    8 slices Bacon, cooked, crumbled
    1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
    2 flour tortillas (8 inch)
    1/2 cup shredded romaine lettuce

Directions Mix cream cheese and mayo in medium bowl. Add bacon and tomatoes; mix well. Spread onto tortillas; top with lettuce. Roll up tightly. Cut each into 7 diagonal slices Makes 14 Servings

• @PamBeesly524 DH went crazy on Amazon Prime this morning. Granted he bought all baby items but on GMA this morning they were saying that there are some nice electronics that are being sold today for a good deal.
  • @PamBeesly524 - I sent H a link to the Instant Pot I've been eyeing since December and it will be wrapped up and gifted to me on Saturday for my birthday :blush: I asked for a kindle (cheap one that has no-glare so I can read better outside) and also shared with him that it's on sale today so hopefully he took advantage of that. 

• @labro - Yum your lunches sound delicious! I made Skinnytaste beef/veggie kabobs with chimichurri sauce for dinner so I have leftovers of that for lunch today and I'm really excited. I'm so glad to hear Caught is good! It's on my list! 

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @500days Happy anniversary (again)! :) Your dinner at Capitol Grille sounds absolutely incredible!!! What an awesome experience!

@Swazzle YUM! I just went back and noticed my post is 99% food and 1% here's the book I'm reading.

• @PamBeesly524 OMG I FORGOT ABOUT PRIME DAY! Thanks for mentioning it! I have a giftcard that has been waiting for this moment!
  • labrolabro member
    WAKE UP NEY!!

Do we need more coffee or something today?

• labrolabro member
    Also, any and all vibes are welcome today! This afternoon at 5 is my semi-annual performance review. Really really hoping for a decent salary revision for once. Soooo MONEY VIBES!!

• @labro - ALL the vibes! 

@eilis1228 - Thank you for thinking of me! I'm pretty sure he already got me the "new" Kindle (I think it was $80 normally, $50 on sale today). I was checking out the Paperwhites today though (on sale for $90) and wondering if I made the wrong choice. Oh well! I just want to be able to read outside is all and I can do that with the "new" one so I know I won't be disappointed. I can't wait to hear what you think of Finders Keepers!!!

• @500days - OMG your anniversary dinner sounds incredible! That's so nice that the restaurant treated you guys so much! How special :smile:

• Quick post and run because I'm in midst of stuff, and hoping to finish in next half hour!

Not much last night. We're getting a new mattress early and planned on going to the store to order it last night, but my uncle said the table was done. However, he made a mistake and won't be ready until tonight. We're still going after work to order though.

I might actually die of heat this week. We're getting hit with this hot air from the Gulf of Mexico and for the rest of week it will feel like 40*C {104*F for those who don't know the conversion}
    Our apt is going to be an OVEN urg ...

Not much else this week. Signing up for my course in next few days {waiting for month flip on my credit card} and Matt's bday is Thursday. We're celebrating on Friday though.
  • Ugh just finished cleaning our master bathroom. I HATE cleaning bathrooms. I feel so accomplished after I finish though! Time for a celebratory beer.
  • labrolabro member
    @AlPacina I NEVER caught the bouquet! Go you!!! Your weekend sounds amazing and you look smokin' in that dress with your hair all done up!!

• labro said:
    @AlPacina I NEVER caught the bouquet! Go you!!! Your weekend sounds amazing and you look smokin' in that dress with your hair all done up!!
    @labro - Thank you so much!! Video evidence exists that my height had the largest effect on my bouquet victory, haha. You also hear the DJ announce "She's very tall and she snatched it away!"

• @labro vibes for your review! Mine is later this month too.

@eilis1228 love that you and @audrewuh are making a double date out of it :)

@AlPacina Love your hair in that pic! Glad you guys had a great time.
  • labrolabro member
    @AlPacina You brought the smack down!

• @alpacina you are so beautiful in your pictures! And yes you need to come to the east coast so we can be wined and dined!

Guys, I just spent half an hour talking to missionaries at the beach. That's never happened to me! I have a Book of Mormon if anyone is interested...
  • @500days  I have done the same as @eilis1228  ... I said "HAIL SPAGHETTI!" and walked away. That was only once though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards