Attire & Accessories Forum

Where did you get your comfy shoes?

Who wore super comfy shoes on the big day?

Looking for advice on what brands are the most comfortable. Searching for pretty, white bridal flats. 

Anyone have advice?

Re: Where did you get your comfy shoes?

• I'm wearing converse wedges.
  • Everyone's feet are different.  This is a podiatrist issue, not just size.  What is comfortable on one person is not on another.  You just have to try them on to find the right ones.  Things like high instep, long toes, flat arches can make a big difference in how a particular shoe fits.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I'm hoping mine will be comfortable, we shall see.  I bought Kelly & Katie's (Katie & Kelly's).  They make shoes for hospital and restaurant employees and now have a line of dressier shoes that are supposed to maintain the comfortable qualities the brand is known for.  I obviously don't expect them to feel the same as work shoes but fingers crossed.
  • CMGragain said:
    Everyone's feet are different.  This is a podiatrist issue, not just size.  What is comfortable on one person is not on another.  You just have to try them on to find the right ones.  Things like high instep, long toes, flat arches can make a big difference in how a particular shoe fits.
    Not searching for medical advice, but more of a "hey this worked for me!". But thanks for the info. 
  • I'm hoping mine will be comfortable, we shall see.  I bought Kelly & Katie's (Katie & Kelly's).  They make shoes for hospital and restaurant employees and now have a line of dressier shoes that are supposed to maintain the comfortable qualities the brand is known for.  I obviously don't expect them to feel the same as work shoes but fingers crossed.
    I'm stuck in this box. I'll check out that brand! Thanks for your help!
  • I'm wearing converse wedges.
    I'm wearing All-Stars!
  • Whatever shoes you do get, consider breaking them in around your house. You will find out any blister causing rubs and help scuff up the bottom.
  • I always use like those cushion / gel in soles with new heels, and break them in first around the house.
  • ernursej said:
    Whatever shoes you do get, consider breaking them in around your house. You will find out any blister causing rubs and help scuff up the bottom.

This!!!!

I find a lot of brands are not comfortable because I have a wider than most foot across the toes...even wide width can be tough for me.  I have found that a shoe that is a little tight can be broken in wearing some nice thick socks for a day or two.  Also, scuffing up the bottom outside on the pavement is a must with some of the shoes I have seen...I had gotten "comfy shoes" for the reception that I didn't scuff up enough and was slipping all over the dance floor!  I ended up putting my heels back on so I didn't fall on my arse.

• A friend just introduced me to Antonio Melani's, which are only sold at Dillards. I ended up buying wedges from them to wear at my wedding because they are so comfortable. They have some heel, but I believe the line also carries flats.
  • I got these for the reception: http://www.6pm.com/blue-by-betsey-johnson-riley-ivory-glitter

I've tried them on once so far but plan to break them in a bit beforehand. They'll be cute to wear after the wedding as well! I got them on Zappos, but 6pm has them for half the price.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited July 2016
    Those are so cute, @SoldiersMom! And 6pm looks like it has a great selection even for FW and my boat feet (she wears a 13 wide, I wear a 12 wide).
  • @OurWildKingdom Good luck! Hope you both find something comfy!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • ernursej said:
    Whatever shoes you do get, consider breaking them in around your house. You will find out any blister causing rubs and help scuff up the bottom.
    CraftyG said:
    I always use like those cushion / gel in soles with new heels, and break them in first around the house.
    ernursej said:

This!!!!

I find a lot of brands are not comfortable because I have a wider than most foot across the toes...even wide width can be tough for me.  I have found that a shoe that is a little tight can be broken in wearing some nice thick socks for a day or two.  Also, scuffing up the bottom outside on the pavement is a must with some of the shoes I have seen...I had gotten "comfy shoes" for the reception that I didn't scuff up enough and was slipping all over the dance floor!  I ended up putting my heels back on so I didn't fall on my arse.

A friend just introduced me to Antonio Melani's, which are only sold at Dillards. I ended up buying wedges from them to wear at my wedding because they are so comfortable. They have some heel, but I believe the line also carries flats.

I got these for the reception: http://www.6pm.com/blue-by-betsey-johnson-riley-ivory-glitter

I've tried them on once so far but plan to break them in a bit beforehand. They'll be cute to wear after the wedding as well! I got them on Zappos, but 6pm has them for half the price.

Those are so cute, @SoldiersMom! And 6pm looks like it has a great selection even for FW and my boat feet (she wears a 13 wide, I wear a 12 wide).
    I found Alex Marie's in Dillard's. They are like walking on clouds! They have a heel, but have built in ball cushions and rubber soles to break the impact and prevent slipping (PTL!). 

It's funny, throughout this planning process, I have ended up going with everything I said I would never wear! Ha! Me, my strapless dress, and heels will have a fantastic time! 

Thanks for your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards