New Jersey

Best Western vs Crowne Plaza

Hi Everybody,

Im getting married at the Valley Regency next year and I went to visit the list of hotels they recommended earlier today in Fairfield NJ. I wanted to know if there was anyone who could give me some feedback on each hotel. I really liked the Crowne Plaza a lot as it is beautiful and their Presidential Suite is really nice. However, Im sure they are a bit pricier than the Best Western/ Hampton Inn nearby and I know they don't include a complimentary breakfast the next morning. If anyone could give me some feedback on either hotel it would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Best Western vs Crowne Plaza

• We just got married - July 15!  We stayed at Hampton Inn.  Here is my feedback: The shuttle to our venue was excellent - they were on time dropping off guests to the venue and they waited for us to board the shuttle after the wedding (they waited 15 min past the agreed time.  The breakfast is okay - not great.  The hotel rooms were clean, but nothing fancy.  The room service was excellent.  The hotel lobby is nice and the wedding guests hung out at the bar until last call (2am).  Overall, no complaints!  We didn't check out the Crowne Plaza or the Best Western, so I can't compare.  Honestly, if I'd known about the Crowne Plaza and if they offer a shuttle, I probably would have opted for them.  
  • We used the Hampton Inn in Fairfield for our wedding at the Westmount Country Club in April and have 0 complaints.  They were very easy to work with and very helpful when I would continually ask for guest room counts and everything else.  I had requested that my suite & the rooms for my bridesmaids and parents were placed close together & towards the back entrance for a quit (and unseen) exit the day of the wedding and the request was fulfilled no questions asked.  Breakfast is included but we chose to host a brunch the next morning for all hotel guests in the Calandra's Restaurant in the lobby since we had quite a large amount of guests and wanted a chance to say our goodbyes then instead of the wedding night.  We also used the hotel for our rehersal dinner the night before.

Like the poster said above- nothing fancy with the rooms, but they were clean.  I had a suite for me and my girls to get ready in (hair & makeup) and there was ample room for everyone to move around and for the photographer to shoot some quick pictures before we left.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards