Not Engaged Yet

Monday, Monday

Good morning! I am thinking it's going to be a quiet day as many people are on vaca!

Friday I went and got my pedicure and then headed home to get started on chores. BF got home and really wanted to go to this restaurant a few towns over for dinner. We called friends of our to see if they wanted to join, and they had already eaten, so we started to think of more local places to go. Then my phone rang and it was my parents saying they were on their way to the same restaurant that we were thinking of and asked if we wanted to join so we did! It was so funny.

Saturday I did more work around the house and then went to a birthday party. From there we went to my aunt's house to swim in her pool. That night we had a retirement party for one of the ladies that I work with. It was fun and we didn't stay too late. We stopped at my parent's house on the way home to say hi to my cousin. He just got out of a really bad relationship and drive from WI to MA. He is staying with my parents until he can get a job and his own place. We're all very happy he is back and no longer in WI.

Yesterday BF and I went and saw Secret Life of Pets. It was really cute! Then we went grocery shopping and got home and vegged for a while. We met BF's mom and uncle for dinner last night and then came home and watched Straight Outta Compton. 

Writing this all out seems like a lot, but it really was a nice relaxing weekend. I got some sun and time in the pool so that was awesome! I have some stuff coming up this week so I hope it flies by!
friends tv show funy

Re: Monday, Monday

• @jenna8984 Sorry you are uncomfortable! Hopefully little man comes soon so you won't be much longer.

@PamBeesly524 So sorry your Friday was sucky! One thing after another like that would have made me cry too. 

@speakeasy14 So sorry to hear about BF's friend. I love that you will be able to celebrate with them this weekend!

@beachyone15 I feel like every time you (general you) takes your car in, there is always more problem! That happened to me too. Friggen sucks. I hope they are able to fix it soon and reasonably costly!
    friends tv show funy
  • @speakeasy14 cute shirt! Whenever I wear maxi skirts I always pair with a solid v-neck T.. Let me know if you come up with something more exciting!
  • If anyone is bored...the "trading the reception" post in Reception Ideas is frigen hilarious.

@speakeasy14 same as @pambeesly524- I've been wearing the crap out of maxis and I always wear just a plain white fitted tee with it.

@beachyone15 booo about your car! And parking fees, geez I knew places out East charged because our land space is so limited but I had no idea places like Texas had areas that charged lol. Glad your brother is healing well.

@speakeasy14 that's really sad about his friend. Hope they got it early enough and he is going to be ok.

@pambeesly524 booo to getting all rained out, and your Friday night disaster with the wallet and heat and phone. sometimes that cherry on top just makes you lose it!

• jenna8984 said:

If anyone is bored...the "trading the reception" post in Reception Ideas is frigen hilarious.

OMG that thread is gold!!!!
    friends tv show funy
  • @eilis1228 I got it from Target! They had a ton of maxi skirts.  Also, glad you had fun at your reunion.  Mine was last year and I skipped it.  They were charging $50 pp for light apps and it was cash bar, at a local brewery.  
  • @minskat30 I stuck to wine most of the night, but the class president and a few other people really wanted to do a shot with me. They chose Dewars. Gag. It was an open bar, but we were limited on the quality of the liquor included in the open bar lol. It sounds like you had an amazing and much-needed weekend, minus poor Raj's knee. I'm sending him ALL of the healing vibes! 

@500days Ohhh feet burns are awful. :( 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @minskat30 all the vibes for Raj, and you.  I didn't get any pictures of her, but I promise I'll take one the next time I fill it up. 
  • @500days - Ouch, having a sunburn on you feet is no joke! As much as I love my H, I would love to have some time to do a few at-home spa treatments and watch movies he won't watch with me. Sounds awesome!

@minskat30 - Congrats to your hubby! That is such awesome news and I'm sure it's a weight off your shoulders. Sending all the healing vibes for Raj. I hope it's an easy fix. Poor guy has had it rough lately!

• AlPacinaAlPacina member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2016

ETF: @LizzyTish88– You did fit a lot into your weekend! It all sounds great! I’m glad the Life of Pets movie was good. What’s the plot line? The previews I’ve seen don’t really tell you anything about the story.

@jenna8984 – Well I think it’s great that you told your H to go fishing, even if you are miserable. That’s really sweet of you to realize he’s gonna be missing it soon enough, haha.

@PamBeesly524 – REI does not have the greatest customer service, that’s for sure. I always let my BF take the lead, since he seems to know what he’s talking about most of the time. And I’m so sorry about the rain! Glad you were able to get out camping though! Did you get any pictures of your spot?

@speakeasy14 – I’m so sorry to hear about your BF’s friend! That’s nice of you to take the time off to be at the ceremony. Don’t trip in that skirt! ;) The colors are beautiful.

@beachyone15 – That sucks about your car! I get so intimidated to take mine in for maintenance, but I really need to. How old is your car?........ And jury duty sounds like the most boring thing ever so hopefully it’s not too bad for you!

@500days – Omg, foot burns are the worst! I always forget to put sunscreen on my feet.

@minskat30 – Congratulations to your H! USA! USA!

-------------------------------------

Hello lovelies! My weekend wasn't overly exciting.

On Saturday I drove up to visit a friend that lives a little over an hour away. We had another Degrassi marathon, albeit much shorter than the last, and were joking about how its good we had both seen all the episodes enough times that we could just continue a conversation over the top of it. I brought stuff for mimosas and a bunch of cheese and crackers. She has a little dog that I love, and just got a teeeeeny little kitten that I snuggled with the entire time. We went out to dinner, and then I drove home and hung out with my BF watching GMO OMG. His brother was WAY influenced by that movie, but I thought it was actually a pretty weak documentary.

Sunday I finished reading Jaycee Dugard's memoir, and then started a jigsaw puzzle. Holy hell, I forgot how many pieces 1000 turns out to be. The entire puzzle is muted shades of the same colors, so I have a feeling this is going to take a while.

• @AlPacina Don't jinx me! I've been doing really well in maxis this year!

• PamBeesly524PamBeesly524 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2016
    @minskat30 Congrats to your husband! What a great weekend all around. So nice that you got to see your best friend, too. Vibes for Raj!

@AlPacina Sadly I didn't get any photos, I was still a little pissed off about cracking my phone the night before so I literally left my phone in my bag the whole time. We're planning on going up again in August so hopefully I'll get pics then - I want to take a bunch of the river cause it is so picturesque! And yay for puzzles! I LOVE PUZZLES.
  • @AlPacina Don't jinx me! I've been doing really well in maxis this year!

@speakeasy14 -

• @minskat30 Congrats to you and your family!!! When I was a toddler I went to see my mom get sworn in...so glad there are photos because I do not remember. And that's so awesome of your friend to help so much while she is visiting! Ani is adorable, so she must have loved it!

@AlPacina Good luck with that puzzle- you definitely have more patience than I do. I am horrible at puzzles! I always need extra help.
  • @minskat30 Aw 10 pounds, still a little thing! Can you look at her and believe some people give birth to babies that size?! (like I might be if the doctors are correct?!) I'm so glad that she was quiet for H's court and you got to be there the whole time, so awesome for your whole family! Poor Raj, hope it's nothing serious.

@500days for real, it's like impossible to not burn the feet! Once you swim and reapply, those are all sandy so it's hard to reapply there!

@alpacina exactly, I'm going to want him around 24/7 when the baby comes so get that fishing in now! The old Degrassi or is there new stuff still airing? It actually cracks me up that teenagers who love Drake have no idea about his Degrassi days hahaha.

• @jenna8984 - Oh, we both grew up with the era with Drake/Jimmy episodes, so that's what we've been watching. We watched most of Season 3 of The Next Generation on Saturday. Marco came out as gay. Ellie cut herself. Snake got cancer. Y'know, high school soap opera stuff. ;)

• jenna8984 said:

If anyone is bored...the "trading the reception" post in Reception Ideas is frigen hilarious.

OMG that thread is gold!!!!
    I think the groom was the OP.  
  • I think the groom was the OP.  
    This was also my impression. OMG, that was entertaining.

• @AlPacina - I have an '09 Santa Fe and it's at about 90,000 miles, so I know more maintenance is in my future. That's ok though because that sucker is paid off and I'll put in whatever I have to if it keeps me from having a car payment. I haven't done a puzzle in ages. I always used to do the corners first!

Also, I've decided jury duty tomorrow can't be that bad since my brother loaned me the first two HP books!

• @jenna8984 - So much NOPE to a 10lb baby coming out of my vagina.  Nope, nope, nope.  I hope for your sake, you don't have a 10lber but I do know women who have done it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards