Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday

Good morning! 

I had SUCH a great weekend! Friday consisted of trying to pack while still feeling pretty crappy and going to bed reasonably early. 

Saturday was my birthday and I turned the big 3-1!!! I woke up feeling so much better and was so excited to open presents from H! I got an Instant Pot, a new kindle, and an Eagles license plate cover for my car (Booj was investigating):

Then we packed up the pup and headed down the Shore. We spent the day BBQing and playing yard games with my family. I ate ALL the food and drank a bottle of wine and just had an awesome, relaxing day :smile:

From my parents: 

My grandmom loves to give PJs for all occasions so she got me a bunch of long tshirts with random sayings on them and this one is my favorite: 

And from my aunt: 

Sunday, I spent the day on the beach with the fam. I read more of my book and spent a ton of time keeping cool in the water.

H and I packed up and headed to Asbury Park to check into our hotel which was one of the coolest hotels I've ever stayed at. We took a stroll on the boardwalk, went out for a nice seafood dinner and had some drinks at the rooftop bar at our hotel before heading to bed.

Yesterday, we got up and had a yummy breakfast in town then headed to the beach. It was really hot and very sunny yesterday so we rented an umbrella and lounged for a few hours.

Mondays aren't so bad when this is your view: 

We had a ridiculously delicious lunch and then headed home to do the usual weekly chores around the house. 

I used the Instant Pot last night and I'm obsessed with it. I made Skinnytaste Chicken and Lentil Soup to bring for lunch for the week and it's incredible and was SO fast. 

And now I'm back at work and that makes me sad. I just want to be a SAHW. Is that SO much to ask?

Re: Tuesday

• @Swazzle Sounds like you had a great birthday and weekend!! I'm super jealous but so glad you had a blast!

Work today is busy. I am the only one in the office, aside from my good-for-nothing boss (who is on the phone with the car dealership because he wants to make an appt before his last day so we can pay for his nonsense one more time.) So I have to answer all the phones and help anyone who comes in. I also have a ton of shit to do for my own work, so I'll be popping in and out all day. 

Thankfully I only have to deal with my boss for one more half day!! He's out tomorrow for a "dentist" appointment (we can see his calendar, he doesn't really have one) and I am out Thursday because I have to get an upper GI test done. So it's just half day Friday and then he's gone!! I could scream from the mountain tops with excitement!! 
    friends tv show funy
  • @minskat30 - Ani is going to be a perfect little angel for you tonight! I've found a few recipes online that I want to try and it came with huge recipe book but I didn't have a chance to look through it last night. I can't wait to make pulled pork in it! 

• @swazzle what a great birthday! I wish my family was around and gave a crap about things like birthdays. My parents just send me a check each year and I'd much rather spend time with them. H did a good job on your gifts!

@minskat30 she will be perfect! Is the condo in Chicago officially sold?

@pambeesly524 oh no, hope they can fix up Crindy and you don't need to get a sitter just for medication.

I'm working from home today because I have a normal OB checkup at noon and there's no point driving back and forth 45 minutes to work. Really hoping they say something good like dilation is starting! I currently get woken up every 45 minutes at night by a Braxton hicks contraction (of course none during the day, only when I'm trying to sleep!). At this rate, I honestly think I will sleep better/more when he's here lol.

• @PamBeesly524 - Awww poor baby! Sounds like she might have an upper respiratory infection. They'll probably give you some meds for her. B & H were sick when I first brought them home and I had to give them liquid meds from a dropper for it but it cleared up quickly! I hope the hot spot clears up quickly!

• @jenna8984 - I hope the appointment goes well! Can't wait to hear what they say! 

• @Swazzle We thought she had that too! When we got her she was on meds for one but the guy who brought her to us said she was done with them. We didn't believe her so I brought her to the vet for new meds. We went through a whole cycle and it didn't work, and then the vet said she might just have "allergies" and be a generally snotty cat. The way she is right now though goes way past that so if they try to tell us that today I'll take her somewhere else for another opinion.
  • @jenna8984 FX for your appointment! Yup, condo in Chicago sold!!!
  • @swazzle You had such an epic weekend! Hoping this week flies by quickly for you. I'm very interested in this instant pot...looks like a lot of buttons!
    @minskat30 Crossing fingers that you have a great day with Ani!
    @LizzyTish88 I hope your day isn't too hectic and you get to come back and chat!
    @PamBeesly524 Aw poor Crindy! My old kitty, Paulie (in avatar), had a lot of health problems and going to multiple vets was helpful. I hope the vet is able to help.

Good morning everyone! Today will be a very easy/boring day for me. I let my H take my car to work today since his windows in his truck aren't working properly. He is like a magnet for car problems, so hopefully my car comes back without any issues! I also ended up selling something on mercari overnight so I will see what I can find to package it and mail it tonight or tomorrow morning. This is my first sale on the site. I was going to just send everything to thredup to sell, but I heard that they have dramatically changed their payouts and I would get close to nothing back- even for things with tags still on them!

Tonight I'm going out to fancy dinner with my girls from work. I miss them so much and I've only seen one of them the entire summer! It's crazy how busy people are during the summer. I'm just glad that we were able to find a time to get together, drink some wine and chat it up. 
  • @500days You're right about ThredUp... I just did it and not only did it take over a month for them to process my bag but I only got $12 back. They accepted two pairs of brand new shoes, among other things. I think I'm going to stick to donating from here on out.
  • @PamBeesly524 Yes, I saw on FB that people didn't get paid for items that were sold on the site. I mean at the end of the day my goal is to declutter and I don't have a problem with donating, but when it's new with tags I want to try and get something for it.
  • @minskat30 Hope Miss Ani is still behaving!!

@jenna8984 Good luck at your appointment!

@PamBeesly524 Hope everything is okay with Crindy!

@500days Have fun at your fancy dinner!!

@AlPacina OMG those gifs are exactly how I feel!!! 

I'm seriously annoyed with everyone today. Apparently there are a ton of people who need info from my coworker. She is on vaca this whole week and showed me how to cover the important things. People are asking me all these stupid ass questions that can wait for when she gets back. Just because these people feel like working today doesn't mean I will know the answers!

Also I just had someone ask me to contact an employee to tell them info, so that the employee could send me an email with that info, that I can then forward on. Um.. NO. I will send the email seeing as I have the info. It's asinine!!! Okay.. back to this hell hole! 
    friends tv show funy
  • @LizzyTish88 - Wow, yea, I mean, it sounds annoying. People just missed you when you were out sick, obviously. They don't really want you answer the questions.

--------------------

So, there went another 800 bucks on Broadway tickets! Only took me 45 minutes on the phone! Haha.

• @swazzle your birthday weekend sounds perfect! 
    @minskat30 yay for Ani sleeping in her swing!
    @LizzyTish88 people suck.  Hopefully that is the end of the stupid questions
    @jenna8984 good luck at the dr!
    @AlPacina that was east coast Broadway tickets right? O:-)

Blegh Tuesday half day meetings always drain me.  I am so pumped though, I got my bf's FSIL to book flights to come back home before the wedding so I can throw her a shower!  I've got a ton of ideas, but need some additional food ideas.  So give me some ideas for a luncheon that is gluten free, lactose free, and garlic free.
  • Swazzle said:

Blegh Tuesday half day meetings always drain me.  I am so pumped though, I got my bf's FSIL to book flights to come back home before the wedding so I can throw her a shower!  I've got a ton of ideas, but need some additional food ideas.  So give me some ideas for a luncheon that is gluten free, lactose free, and garlic free.

Seconded
  • Super late to the game!

@Swazzle  glad you had a great bday :) Is an 'instant pot' similar to a crock pot?

@minskat30  hope Ani is behaving. Silly girl ;) Such a cutie!

@LizzyTish88  boo to upper GI test :( no fun! But yay less boss time!

@PamBeesly524  poor snotty Crindy :( I know Angel has allergies, but not bad enough to have to visit the vet.

@jenna8984  not long now! Good luck at appt!

@AlPacina  whooo tickets! What are you seeing?

Not much last night, but finally got somewhere with my transcripts!
    So I'm trying to sign up for a course through work - which will give me a pay bump as well as job bump - and luckily I signed up early because I hit a few 'road blocks' *sigh*

You need 5yrs work experience OR 2yrs schooling. So I did college but it was a condensed program, and it was equivalent to the 2yr program at the local college. I tried explaining that but needed to provide transcripts.
    Fine .... issue though. I have ZERO idea where they are and the college I went to closed due to a bankruptcy.
    It's taken a week and a half but I finally got somewhere and they are being shipped to me! So hopefully they accept that and all is good.

Not much else ....

- 68 days until we move!
    - new mattress on Saturday  yessssss!!!
  • @jenna8984  glad baby (and you!) is doing well, despite having to wait! Yeah it sucks, but rare time I'm glad to have student loans because they were able to point me in the right direction and get everything I need
  • @MissKittyDanger - I put a list of the shows just a few posts up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards