Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Hair and makeup 'minimums' (posted across other boards)

Hi everyone. I'm in Chicago, my wedding is almost a month away, and I can't find a makeup artists that doesn't requires me to have 4+ people to have services done in order to book them.
This 'minimum required' seems pretty ridiculous to me, since I will be paying them around $500 between the trial and the wedding just for myself. However all three makeup artists that I have found have them. 
My wedding will be pretty small (~35-40ppl) and I just do not have that many people that will be getting ready with me. Not to mention I would be super embarrassed to even ask my guests or bridesmaids if they want to shed more than 150pp to get these services.  I find it incredibly entitled to require brides to have to find more clients for these vendors in order to book them.
Does anyone know about a good option in Chicago for hair and makeup that doesn't require a minimum?

Re: Hair and makeup 'minimums' (posted across other boards)

• DD was married in Chicago too. Both her MUA and hairstylist had minimum numbers of people.
  • Why don't you try going into a salon? My hair stylist and makeup has no minimum if I go into their salon. But if I wanted to have them come to me they would have needed a minimum, since I was taking them away from other potential business. 
  • You could also try your local beauty store (Sephora for example).
  • I had my hair (and offered it for my BMs' and the moms', although it wasn't required) done at a local beauty school, where they charged a LOT less ($15 a person in my area), but still did a great job (I gave them a good tip for their great service). I did my own makeup, because I'm really picky about it, regardless of who does it, but the moms and several of the BMs had their makeup done by the beauty school. The school didn't give me any minimums, but we did have to go there. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I had my hair (and offered it for my BMs' and the moms', although it wasn't required) done at a local beauty school, where they charged a LOT less ($15 a person in my area), but still did a great job (I gave them a good tip for their great service). I did my own makeup, because I'm really picky about it, regardless of who does it, but the moms and several of the BMs had their makeup done by the beauty school. The school didn't give me any minimums, but we did have to go there. 
    I'm a huge fan of cosmetology schools. I'm getting my hair cut, waxing, and mani-pedi done at one and doing my own makeup. 
  • Have you tried looking at a salon instead of on-site hair and makeup?  They won't have minimums.  I probably would have done that if I weren't having a Sunday wedding, which is when most salons are closed.
  • Have you tried looking at a salon instead of on-site hair and makeup?  They won't have minimums.  I probably would have done that if I weren't having a Sunday wedding, which is when most salons are closed.
    This thread is 7 months old. It is concerned poor forum etiquette to comment on old threads.